IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

Hello,

Now I have Denafrips Ares II dac. For streamer I had Node 2021 and Ifi Zen Stream.

Sold both. 

I’m thinking to sell Ares II dac too and buy all in one solution- Lumin D2 or T1.

Second hand. 

What do you guys think which is better? D2 or T1?

I have Exposure 3010s2d amp and Gallus Audio Portato speakers.

regards,

Simon

Is there a specific reason why only Android app has the "Add album to playlist > Full/Auto/Off" choice?

Ok, it must be related to the long press  functionality available in iOS only. Personally I find the long pressing a bit of a chore, the same choice as in Android would be great to have. 

Say NO to ROON

@wklie I listen to mainly classical and jazz music. The Swedish public radio for classical music has a quite interesting content with frequent direct transmissions from concert. Unfortunately they only send in MP3 192 kbps. I contacted them and asked why not higher resolution. 

I’ve got an answer that they actually have a link where they transmit in AAC 320 kbps. However not over their app. I have to use traditional https- link:  https://http-live.sr.se/p2musik-aac-320

One reason for buying Lumïn was to get rid of a typical computer/laptop usb-solution in my gear. Today I run with a Synology NAS/Minimserver2 -> Acus router -> ethernet -> U1 Mini.

Is there a way that I can import the link above inte Lumïn without going back to laptops?

13 minutes ago, Ropet said:

This is the kind of service that is so important and appreciated for consumers. One should not need to be an it technician to enjoy the benefits of a purchase. The hardware is only half way... Thanks!

Fantastic customer service delivery there's no question about that!  And as a retired software developer I know that it can play havoc with version control of the software and managing the proliferation of software builds in the wild.

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

48 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

Fantastic customer service delivery there's no question about that!  And as a retired software developer I know that it can play havoc with version control of the software and managing the proliferation of software builds in the wild.

Now that Ropet has verified it's working for him, this change will go into next public firmware release, so it is not introducing additional complexity to version control, he can enjoy future firmware upgrades, and other users who happen to listen to this particular radio station will get higher quality.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

1 hour ago, eis said:

Hi Peter, My D2 is stuck on "Starting 14.3 upgrade...". It's been 20 minutes with no change.

Please power cycle the D2.  After it boots up and shows the progress circle on front panel, swipe away the Lumin app and relaunch it.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thank you

But will the Tidal Connect issue be resolved on the D2?

At the moment I have to use Sonos which leaves the D2 sat unused, this is a very limiting factor in the D2 when most low end streamers can use Tidal connect.

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

Very happy to report the Spotify detects the U1 now, thanks for the update to 14.3,. Could not arrange to bring down the whole network easily, and when tried, still didn't work.

As an aside, the main router was changed from an Asus to a TP Link a couple of weeks ago, maybe this contributed, never know, there are heaps of options. The Asus router software has this twisted 'reverse' indication of Yes and No. If the Yes radio button is highlighted, the No actually is working. Thank goodness that's gone, the TP Link uses iOS type switches, grey is off and green is on, or logic 0, 1 respectively.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

22 hours ago, One and a half said:

Very happy to report the Spotify detects the U1 now, thanks for the update to 14.3

I'm glad it works for you now.  Thanks for the report.  Were you using a Spotify Free account instead of (paid) Premium account?

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

20 hours ago, wklie said:

I'm glad it works for you now.  Thanks for the report.  Were you using a Spotify Free account instead of (paid) Premium account?

For Spotify, using the paid family account to include family members. 

The Lumin playback screen, shows 320kbs 44.1 16 b can you explain this one, I gather the Lumin is SRC the mp3? Not a big deal, but imagine is easier for processing mp3 streams for internal processing?

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Currently you get OGG 320kbps with a paid Spotify Premium account.  This is the best bitrate you can get currently with a Premium account.

Hopefully in the near future, when Spotify launches HiFi and you upgrade to it, you'll get lossless streaming.  This is already working, but you need to have the HiFi account first.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead