IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

I was just thinking about the elements that the Lumin app does not have for the non Tidal Connect products.

Not sure if Lumin can do further developments on Tidal content as I guess they are limited by the provided API.

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

On 12/14/2021 at 9:31 AM, wklie said:

Qobuz favorite sorting is now also added to Lumin iOS app 7.1.0.  So now both iOS and Android versions have this feature.

For those running iOS 9 or 8, please do not update Lumin app to 7.1.0.  We'll release another update ASAP.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

@wklie我的LUMIN X1碰到一个问题,当我通过Apple tv4k播放youtube视频声音使用airplay方式X1播放的时候,X1声音只有前面大概5秒左右可以正常播放,然后就会无声,显示器图像正常显示。X1通过SFP联接路由器。请问这是什么原因造成的,谢谢!

There is a problem with my Lumin x1. When I play YouTube video sound through apple tv4k and use airplay x1, the X1 sound can be played normally only for about 5 seconds, and then it will be silent, and the display image will be displayed normally. X1 connects the router through SFP. What is the reason for this, thank you!-----This is machine translation

8 hours ago, barbz said:

Is there a way to override the DNS Network settings so when it's in Dhcp mode the u1 mini is accepting the Dhcp dns address?

It appears that googles 8.8.8.8 DNS servers are hard-coded.

With the latest firmware, in the Lumin app name field enter #DNS

Wait for 60 seconds, then power cycle the Lumin.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

On 11/22/2021 at 3:53 AM, wklie said:

Hopefully in the near future, when Spotify launches HiFi and you upgrade to it, you'll get lossless streaming.  This is already working, but you need to have the HiFi account first.

Peter,

what happens with the development costs Lumin had for implementing Spotify HIFI in Lumin products when Spotify do NOT launch Spotify HiFi?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

1 minute ago, matthias said:

Peter,

what happens with the development costs Lumin had for implementing Spotify HIFI in Lumin products when Spotify do NOT launch Spotify HiFi?

Thanks

Matt

Peter and his developers are so good they wrote the code and fully tested it during one of their longish coffee breaks.  (Just kidding)

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

1 hour ago, matthias said:

That's a matter of perspective.  As an unexpected side benefit of this update, it fixed a network discovery issue for one user here.  We have to keep third party SDKs up to date anyway sooner or later, in order to fix bugs from those services and make sure things do not totally collapse when those services decide to go through a major change (e.g. some previous major changes include: Tidal changed the login scheme, and TuneIn also changed things that broke some radio stations for us).  Therefore I don't think our effort is wasted no matter what.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

2 hours ago, matthias said:

Peter,

Thanks

Matt

That’s such a loaded question and actually more of a statement trying to evoke a response. 

You already know the answer to the question. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 11/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, sonodynesrp205 said:

Hello,

Now I have Denafrips Ares II dac. For streamer I had Node 2021 and Ifi Zen Stream.

Sold both. 

I’m thinking to sell Ares II dac too and buy all in one solution- Lumin D2 or T1.

Second hand. 

What do you guys think which is better? D2 or T1?

I have Exposure 3010s2d amp and Totem Acoustic Mani 2 speakers.

regards,

Simon

Hello,

will there be a big difference in sound quality, given that the D2 would connect via RCA to my amplifier? Compared to XLR connection.

regards,
Simon

14 minutes ago, sonodynesrp205 said:

will there be a big difference in sound quality, given that the D2 would connect via RCA to my amplifier?

Generally speaking it could be a difference if both unites är fully balanced, which is not always the case. Even if, I doubt that the difference is "big".

I should go for D2 as it is a more updated machine including firmware. If I should by a T-modell I should save some more money and then by the T2. Which of them sounds best is personal and hard to advice on. It is connected to taste and how it perform in your total set up.

Happy Holidays folks and I am "Plus 1" on being interested in the response about which Lumin streamer to use with a Denafrips because I recently purchased a Terminator + DAC and hope to have it through customs and in my hands on early next week.  By the way, Vinshine Audio, based in Singapore, and Alvin Chee and his group are great bunch of people as well.

I am looking for a streaming solution, other than a PC, that will hopefully get me to DSD1024 to play well with the Terminator +.  Does any Lumin product stream at that data rate or will I need to look somewhere else?

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

17 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

get me to DSD1024 to play well with the Terminator +.  Does any Lumin product stream at that data rate or will I need to look somewhere else?

Lumïn can play DSD256/512 maximum depending on the model.

As you already have the dac a U1 mini or U1 should be more indicate but that’s the limit.

Here you can find all Lumïn models and specs https://www.luminmusic.com

Stefano

My audio system

Hey guys,

In an attempt to troubleshoot a very intermittent problem, I was wondering if the output from the U1 Mini USB 1 & USB 2 are identical?

FYI

The issue is very low vol from the right speaker that might last 1 song, 2-3 songs, sometimes 5-6 songs. This happened today, last time was 3 months ago. 

So, when the issue occurs, I want to quickly switch the signal coming out of the Mini into DAC #1 to DAC #2 so I can determine if I have an issue with the DAC. Then switch back to DAC #1 to confirm the problem

Make sense? Any thoughts are appreciated

TIA