IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

19 minutes ago, wklie said:

Even if I do (but I really don't know), I won't be able to reveal it due to NDA.

According to the press release earlier, it should happen before the end of the year, i.e. within 3 months.

Just an additional question:

Were you able to listen to it, or is this also under NDA?

Thanks again

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

Thanks to Lumin for iOS 7.0.8, the update fixed the incredible delays in updating the library. Previously with 7.0.7 (and several uninstalls/re-installs), loading the library from scratch was quicker than rescan, updating commands which went around in circles with no progression bar difficult to diagnose what the problem is.

Next update request : When the spinning circle shows up, can we have an idea of the reason behind it is. "busy updating", "having trouble"....anything but nothing!

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

2 hours ago, One and a half said:

Thanks to Lumin for iOS 7.0.8, the update fixed the incredible delays in updating the library. Previously with 7.0.7 (and several uninstalls/re-installs), loading the library from scratch was quicker than rescan, updating commands which went around in circles with no progression bar difficult to diagnose what the problem is.

Next update request : When the spinning circle shows up, can we have an idea of the reason behind it is. "busy updating", "having trouble"....anything but nothing!

Yes, I agree. That spining circle has to go.

I don't add or change much in my music library, and its disheartening to see this spinning circle, seemingly going on forever, without any reason. It doesn't seem to impact what I do or the speed with which selections are allowed so sometimes I just ignore it.

Perhaps, @wklie can give us an indication of how long a "norma"l spin should go. If it has been going for one hour, is that definitely something gone wrong? 10min? 30min?

I've found that swiping up the lumin app and restarting it, gets rid of it. Then the next day we begin the spinning circle all over again.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

2 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

Yes, I agree. That spining circle has to go.

I don't add or change much in my music library, and its disheartening to see this spinning circle, seemingly going on forever, without any reason. It doesn't seem to impact what I do or the speed with which selections are allowed so sometimes I just ignore it.

Perhaps, @wklie can give us an indication of how long a "norma"l spin should go. If it has been going for one hour, is that definitely something gone wrong? 10min? 30min?

I've found that swiping up the lumin app and restarting it, gets rid of it. Then the next day we begin the spinning circle all over again.

Well, 7.0.8 was short-lived! Now on 7.0.9 (crashed first time), now we are back to slowazz library updates. Updating occurs daily, sometimes twice daily for new material, or metadata that's wrong and needs updating. Minimserver updates quickly, I can see the new albums in Explorer listed.

So...

1. Update music library, one album added since yesterday, *one*.

2. Five minutes later of spinning circle, then stopped, no new album added.

3. Minimserver rescan took about 20s off line and online cycle. No new album added

4. Update Music library again, five minutes later of spinning circle, come on!

5. Delete Lumin App, redownload 7.0.9, and adding the whole library again. While am typing, over half of 8669 albums added (yay a dialog!)

Adding the whole library again is taking less time than Minimserver rescan and updating library command.

Don't understand, the Music-server has a direct connection to the router where Minimserver is installed also, and iOS can find the Lumin U1 right away.  OK, the music is back with the updated albums in less than 10 minutes. Goodness sake.

The spinning circle is not related to whether you see new albums.  An alternative to Update Library: after MinimServer Rescan is completed, kill the app (double tap home button, swipe it away) and relaunch it.  No need to reinstall it.

Please ignore the spinning circle.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

2 hours ago, DrNikonian said:

I used optical converter for my T1. Do you think there is any difference in sound quality between single vs multi-mode SFP modules and optical fiber cable?

If your converter supports the use of SFP modules, please try them and report whether you hear a difference.

Check out Corning fiber such as this one (for a pair of single mode SFP modules):

https://www.fiberoptics4sale.com/products/x3lls1fiscz

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

7 hours ago, wklie said:

The spinning circle is not related to whether you see new albums.  An alternative to Update Library: after MinimServer Rescan is completed, kill the app (double tap home button, swipe it away) and relaunch it.  No need to reinstall it.

Please ignore the spinning circle.

Thanks, am ignoring the spinning circle.

As advised, quit the Lumin App. Added two new albums from Three Colours Dark, redbook. Minimserver rescan from Minimwatch.

Checked the albums, yes are indexed.

image.png.98db9700411057b512701019dd5f7940.png

Restart Lumin App, spinning circle always on about 5s after startup. No new albums showing. Double click home button, swipe away, to start again, a 'while' later, say a minute later. No new albums listed. Battery was 99% to 97% in a few minutes, so the Lumin App is on, as well as the screen time. Search for Three Colours Dark in the Album artist search, shows up red. 

So listening to Jriver for the last 15 minutes of the first 3 tracks on Love's Lost Property, locally at Office Desktop not Lumin, still not seeing the two new albums in the Lumin App. Swiping down the Last Modified view, and the circle spins and spins.

Oh wait! Two new albums have appeared, about 25 minutes after Minimserver rescan. The circle has stopped spinning. 

The delay is intolerable. Like Roon standard answer, I suppose, it's my network?

18 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

In order to be able to view new albums in the Lumïn Last Modified view you need to wait until the Lumïn app internal db is updated but if you search them browsing MinimServer folders/indexes you can find them immediately, as soon as you open Lumïn app

So far, after a Minim server rescan the interval is between 15 and 20 minutes to update the library database on iOS in the Lumin App. For an Android app, HiFi Cast, the avaialble library is more or less instantaneous. Hi FI cast works well with the Lumin, once it see it, but the DAC mutes at the end of every track. There are settings for that, but haven't been able to settle that down yet.

Haven't used the Lumin App on Android since Sept 14, it's updating now, that circle is spinning, let's see what happens in 20 minutes. Problem is the app needs to open during that time, if it's not the primary focus, the process is delayed longer.

10 minutes ago, Mat said:

How to configure content directory in minim server for Mac OS ?

I am having trouble configuring the name of the hard drive, is it like this : /Lexar/ music   ?

newbie trying to use minim server with Lumin u1 mini. 

Ok got it.

how to connect to Lumin u1 mini ?