IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

@wklie hi Peter, I recently subscribed to Qobuz and using Lumïn app I’m quite surprised by the lack of most part  of credits (… almost all) for classical music albums.

One example for all  … Wagner/Parsifal/Solti … these are from Lumïn 

F0FBC69F-6507-4F2A-A574-E5EE4D75DD01.thumb.jpeg.804205ac898fa253f5633319bf993ba5.jpeg8E740D10-2F3E-45C0-B3D1-02FAD312C70F.thumb.jpeg.716c4a31e5362ab7e4500c94a6715da4.jpeg

and this is the screenshot from the Qobuz original app (sorry for Italian language)

2807239F-B001-49AE-BF62-C25CB1E4ACEE.jpeg.2d9a6cbe7a310832a227c0bf3edc7697.jpeg

… composer, conductor, orchestra … are missing in Lumïn  …. and in some tracks they are wrong …. Sir Georg Solti as a performer instead of tenor or soprano

can we expect this lack will be fulfilled in the future ?

thanks

Stefano

My audio system

On 12/29/2021 at 4:05 AM, wklie said:

We're fixing the iOS app Qobuz favorite flickering right now.

Hello Peter,

today the new lumin app version came in on iOS. The flickering is nearly completely fixed. Thank you. (Sometimes when entering an album in the favorite list and returning back to the favorite list there still is a short flickering (but only one). But I think one can live with this.)

Hi Peter,

I would like to report one small other issue with the lumin app:

* Open the inline track navigation slider (for fast forward/backward navigation inside a track)

* Keep it open and wait until the current track is ending and the next track starts.

* The result is that the slider is not returning to the start location. You have to close and reopen the slider to update its position correctly.

Kind regards

Gert

Hi Peter,

Sorry, but I have another issue. The lumin app crashes and on restart it crashes again. I was able to reproduce the crash:

* In the qobuz favorite album list sometimes an album is outdated from qobuz. The album is still in the favorite list but cannot be opened.

* So I searched the album in qobuz, added it to the favorites again and deleted the outdated favorite entry.

* I do not know what I did then. But you can force the situation be exiting the lumin app and restarting it.

* The lumin app wants to load the favorite album list again when opening qobuz. But after 1 second it is crashing

* The solution is to quickly navigate to the root of the qobuz navigation before the crash occurs. Then you can step into the favorite and album folder again with out a crash.

The problem is that you probably need an outdated album entry in the list. I was not able to reproduce it by normal adding and removing actions yet.

15 hours ago, gbr said:

* In the qobuz favorite album list sometimes an album is outdated from qobuz. The album is still in the favorite list but cannot be opened.

* So I searched the album in qobuz, added it to the favorites again and deleted the outdated favorite entry.

How to identify an outdated album from Qobuz app or web?  Is it greyed out or have some other indications?

Now that you have already removed the outdated, does Lumin app still crash when you access the favorites?

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

In the lumin app an outdated album has a grey color font for the album title and artist name instead of white color. If you open the album 0 items are listed.

In the qobuz app (on iOS) I cannot see a difference between outdated albums and normal albums. When opening one you get a less helpfull error like "An error did occur.", but the cover art and title is still displayed. On play.qobuz.com it is the same. The outdated albums are not marked somehow. When opening one you get a 404 error displayed in the GUI.

I still have maybe 3 outdated albums (of about 360) in the list. But those are albums that are not available anymore in qobuz so I cannot search and add them again. Trying to remove or add a normal (still existing) album and exiting the app before the index could have been reloaded did not lead to a crash. Maybe the lumin app has a problem that the same album (same album title and artist name) ist added with another album ID?

The Lumin app currently does not crash when opening the favorites. I had to quickly(!) navigate to the top start point of qobuz to avoid the crash. (When doing this to slowly the app did crash.) After this I could step to the favorites and favorite albums again. The lumin app did reload the list and all was ok after this.

I have tried to reproduce the crash with readding two outdated albums, but I do not manage to get into this situation currently.

I did search for the artist, found the album in the artist folder and added it to the favorites. Stepping back to the favorite album list works without a crash (But the added album is not displayed. The cached folder should reload after adding an album.)

Then I did remove the outdated album. This made the lumin app to reload the favorite album folder correctly without a crash.

In a 2nd try (with another album) I added the album in the lumin app, but removed the old one in the qobuz app. Then I exited the lumin app and restarted it. When switching to qobuz the favorite album list was displayed without crashing. But I had to step back to top and reenter the favorite and favorite album folder to refresh it so that the new album was displayed.

Also playing around with adding and removing albums with the same name (e.g. David Bowie "Aladdin Sane" in Hires is available tow times) did not lead to a crash.

Sorry that it is hard to reproduce.

5 hours ago, gbr said:

The Lumin app currently does not crash when opening the favorites. I had to quickly(!) navigate to the top start point of qobuz to avoid the crash. (When doing this to slowly the app did crash.) After this I could step to the favorites and favorite albums again. The lumin app did reload the list and all was ok after this.

I'm a little confused but it seems that you're still able to crash the app.  Then please PM your qobuz username and password to me for our testing.  After we can reproduce and fix the problem then you can change your password.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

1 hour ago, wklie said:

I'm a little confused but it seems that you're still able to crash the app.  Then please PM your qobuz username and password to me for our testing.  After we can reproduce and fix the problem then you can change your password.

Hello Peter,

as I have tried to describe in ...

... I cannot reproduce the crash currently, though I had tried different things. 

If I find a way I will report back.

15 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@wklie hi Peter,

it seems there is something wrong in how the sample rate is exposed in Lumïn app playing from Qobuz.

In this example the track “Tell me” from Ray Vaughan “Texas flood” is shown to be 24/192

In my testing I get 176.4kHz from both Lumin iOS app and Lumin Android app.

Please power cycle your Lumin hardware, and any hardware running Lumin app.

If that does not help, please logout from Qobuz via Lumin app, then relogin.

If that still does not help, there's probably regional licensing differences that I can do nothing about, or you are getting a 192kHz version that I do not get.  There are frequently multiple versions of the same album, which is very normal.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

On 1/3/2022 at 5:38 AM, wklie said:

In my testing I get 176.4kHz from both Lumin iOS app and Lumin Android app.

Please power cycle your Lumin hardware, and any hardware running Lumin app.

If that does not help, please logout from Qobuz via Lumin app, then relogin.

If that still does not help, there's probably regional licensing differences that I can do nothing about, or you are getting a 192kHz version that I do not get.  There are frequently multiple versions of the same album, which is very normal.

Thank you Peter,

I’m not using Lumïn hw, just the app and Bubbleupnpserver too.

FYI

it seems that, at least in my region (Italy), Qobuz is showing this album as 24/192 but the actual sample rate is 176.4 , then it happens that the shown 24/192 sample rate is not the real samplerate of the stream but the samplerate indicated 

in the out-of-band metadata sent by Qobuz for that track.
In other words, it just an esthetic issue.

Stefano

My audio system

On 1/3/2022 at 4:46 AM, wklie said:

We have just released Lumin Firmware 14.4 for all models in our network player / streamer lineup.

The original Lumin A1 was released at the end of year 2012, so it has received 9 years of firmware upgrades, and is now in its 10th year.

This was supposed to be a major release to work with the HiFi upgrade from a certain streaming service last year, which unfortunately did not happen.

Hi Peter.

Is 14.4 compatible with the S1? What is the procedure for updating, please?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, jackyan said:

My current environment is roon nucleus + > Lumin X1 > McIntosh C70 (70th) > McIntosh mc275 (50th) > JBL 4319. I'm very satisfied with X1, except that its price is too expensive. hahahha.......1.thumb.png.37e43275bcc1d4c5fd46d93e32f86413.png

If the X1 is too expensive you can always gift it to someone but only if it is properly broken in.  By the way, I replaced my X1 with a Denafrips Terminator+ DAC and am enjoying the new sound and the almost 20kg that the Denafrips weighs (a sure sign of reliability).😉

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

4 hours ago, vintageaxeman said:

Why is the ‘Search’ function partially hidden behind icons on my 2019 iPad? Is this something that can be corrected or changed, please?

I assume it is iPad 7th gen.  Which iOS version is this?

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead