IGNORED

Post your favorite Youtube performances...

Few performances came up to mind, hope this is not too spam-ish

Bob Dylan cover. When I originally found this, I believe this performance made some fuss around the potential audience with unexpected voice and performance overall. And made a little name too, for Blues Boy Dan. aka. Dan Owen.

Finn-Swede folk act Gjallarhorn sadly vanished somewhere. When I found the band it was already too late to wish see them live, even though I live close to have had that chance. I find this also to be pretty good quality on youtube standards.

This performance can always raise my mood if I feel little down. The tunes, audience, Mr. Forcione's facial expressions and occasionally playful style.

Albeit the hiss and little distant sound, the music still comes through quite nicely.

Special live performance with Symphonic Orchestra by Skálmöld performing their probably best known song. Folk Metal works nice this way too.

Great acapella cover of Toto's Africa by Slovenian band Perpetuum Jazzile. This was a youtube hit by the time. 

The intro is still amazing...

• 4 weeks later...

too many to list, but this is a recent favorite ...  It's like Beethovens Teutonic relative or great, great, great, great grandson is performing it.

• 1 month later...

Not what you expect.  Watch to the end, it’s only a minute and a half!!    
What a superb  commercial!

This is Beautiful, Dog and Man (chonday.com)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

• 2 weeks later...

There are two takes of this I couldn't locate the footage of both. This is back in the golden era when Keith could still be bothered to slash back and forth at his guitar driving the song forwards instead of just hitting it occasionally and gurning. 

The groove is so funky. Charlie's snare sounds like a gunshot. Mick Taylor is noodling around lazily on lead but it's still genius. 

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Context #1 - Glad All Over - Carl Perkins - SUN-287 (1957)

Context #2 - Beatles 'Live At The BBC' (Pop Go the Beatles, 20th August 1963) with George gargling just like Carl - have you seen how George "skips" like Carl too?

YT select - 1985 'Carl & Friends' bash ft. George + Eric Clapton

YT - whole show - Eric's solos aren't Rockabilly - but they are beguiling anyway - he looks spaced to me - likely I was then too

For Eric featured skip to 12:10

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 7:15 PM, John Dyson said:

I wonder if I have posted this yet?  This is a TRUE stereo recording, early 1940s, before Glenn Miller dies in the war -- Chattanooga Choo Choo.   Be patient -- there is a switch to stereo, and a portion of the movie that wasn't played in the south.   It is even FeralA -- I have a decoded copy with full dynamic range (well, still a little primitive, but sounds good) -- tell me if you want access to it.  This is REALLY special...   VERY early, moderately high quality stereo POP music!!!

For fun -- this is a REALLY cleaned up version, dynamics truly restored (not just 'expanded'.):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3uu1jvebuty4fj/ChatChooChoo-clean.flac?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a real rocker…

Roon/Tidal > Win 10 PC > Asus RT-N66 U router > Furutech LAN 7 cable > opticalModule/LPS-1.2> opticalRendu/Ultra PS > Wireworld Platinum 7 USB  > Bechmark DAC 3 HGC > Acoustic Zen Absolute XLR interconnect > Classé Audio CA-M600 Monoblocs > Acoustic Zen Absolute bi-wired speaker cables > Rebuilt Apogee Duetta Signature ribbon speakers.

• 2 weeks later...