IGNORED

Post your favorite Youtube performances...

1 hour ago, John Dyson said:

I wonder if I have posted this yet?  This is a TRUE stereo recording, early 1940s, before Glenn Miller dies in the war -- Chattanooga Choo Choo.   Be patient -- there is a switch to stereo, and a portion of the movie that wasn't played in the south.   It is even FeralA -- I have a decoded copy with full dynamic range (well, still a little primitive, but sounds good) -- tell me if you want access to it.  This is REALLY special...   VERY early, moderately high quality stereo POP music!!!

Attached is a link to the same YouTube video, but using John's corrected audio. It can be played directly using the Dropbox player, but for better quality you can download it and play it using JRiver etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhl58ktqylbe6jz/Chattanooga Choo Choo - Glenn Miller - Stereo Restoration.mp4?dl=0

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

• 2 weeks later...

B&M

Sorry to disappoint you, but although it was 24/96 originally, you only have the choice of the normal 125kb/s or the stream PID 0x002 MPEG-4AAC 44100Hz 2ch 529kb/s

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Tiger is Coming by LeeNalchi - Korean folk song you can relate to [modern style]

* Sorry no English subtitle.

** can be found on Tidal

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

While at it, yet another Korean selection.

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

• 3 weeks later...

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am really glad this thread is still going. I have personally found a lot of good music and artists here.

I agree, but some really awful stuff too, for my tastes. 😎

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought a Danil Trifonov CD to hear that group play the Trout Quintet but it was a nice surprise to see an arrangement of D957 included as well. This Youtube link isn't my favorite performance of it (it's not on Youtube unfortunately), but I feel like even non-classical fans should be able to appreciate the beauty of this