8 hours ago, austinpop said:

Wow, thanks for the pointer. I have been comparing and contrasting, and I have to say the Alessandrini is way up there in my favorites. I think you are absolutely right - one of the key ingredients with Brandenburgs is fun! The trumpets in #1, for example are a blast!

Note to self: must subscribe to your blog! Excellent job with it - a wealth of useful information. Thanks for your efforts.

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you like it. 

She has added so many notes and ornaments that these are new pieces. I enjoy them, as well as her arrangements of Bach's Violin Sonatas and Partitas. Very close, clear sound.

61WiR8mDsSL.jpg

B&W 803D3 speakers

McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp

Esoteric K-03 SACD player; Chord Qutest DAC

VPI Prime Signature turntable/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge

Sennheiser HD800s, Audyssey LCD-xC headphones

On 9/23/2018 at 4:29 AM, Musicophile said:

While on the Brandenburgs, you also need to check out Alessandrini:

https://musicophilesblog.com/2016/02/11/my-favorite-version-of-the-brandenburg-concertos/

Thank you very much for posting this! Very engaging performances by the Concerto Italiano.

Kudos to naïve for the excellent sound (but not for yet another incongruous cover art)

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

Just saw this set favorably mentioned in an equipment review. It's a good performance and a very good recording. Equivalent to 5 discs.
About $56 at HDT for 24/192, I got it with 20% off with code hdtsept25 (good thru sept 27 midnight PST).  The 24/96 is available at a couple of vendors for a good price also.

4260306180943-cover-zoom.jpg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Just saw this set favorably mentioned in an equipment review. It's a good performance and a very good recording. Equivalent to 5 discs.
About $56 at HDT for 24/192, I got it with 20% off with code hdtsept25 (good thru sept 27 midnight PST).  The 24/96 is available at a couple of vendors for a good price also.

4260306180943-cover-zoom.jpg

Rattle's readings here got a mixed reviews, and were dismissed categorically by some of critics. I was quite impressed by these recordings, the orchestra sound is particularly glorious.

1 hour ago, AnotherSpin said:

Rattle's readings here got a mixed reviews, and were dismissed categorically by some of critics. I was quite impressed by these recordings, the orchestra sound is particularly glorious.

Classical critics tend to go over the top with negativity sometimes. I'm not an expert, but these clearly are well thought out performances. Maybe not everyone's perfect execution, but it's silly to say they aren't good.
The sound has what I'd call, in a good way, "solidity": it's powerful, tone is good. you can hear all the detail, there's good spread and layering of the instruments, yet the orchestra sounds like a unit. The perspective is of an audience member - it's not in your face. I sometimes like a "closer to the front row" perspective, but this is still a very enjoyable sound. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Beethoven here as well, but with a much smaller ensemble on a surprisingly nice new release, and a very interesting piano (Pleyel) sound by Angelich. 

u2tvtm3z4j9gc_600.jpg

The Rattle box mentioned above is ok IMHO. A bit middle of the road, but there is much worse recordings out there. 

Here is some Dead can’t dance like music  gone to the dark side. 

For some deep drum tones.

https://tidal.com/artist/4656760

621995.jpg

CAUTION: This music can harm small animals! !!!!    ? ? ? ? ? ?

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

Barbara Hendricks

Mahler Lieder

1080874012_BHMahlera.thumb.jpg.d91d9ca833704aaa36ce308cf2794056.jpg

Gustav Mahler

LIEDER EINES FAHRENDEN GESELLEN
Transcription:  Arnold Schönberg

1 I. Wenn mein Schatz Hochzeit macht
2 II. Ging heut’ morgen über’s Feld
3 III. Ich hab’ ein glühend Messer
4 IV. Die zwei blauen Augen

RÜCKERT-LIEDER
5 I. Ich atmet’ einen linden Duft!
6 II. Liebst du um Schönheit
7 III. Blicke mir nicht in die Lieder
8 IV. Ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen
9 V. Um Mitternacht
10 Der Abschied (extrait de Das Lied von der Erde)
Transcription:  Arnold Schönberg

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子