1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

That's the impression I had while listening to it. Wasn't sure though - I watched the movie years ago. My favorite version at the moment.

As I like Richard Strauss very much for a long time, I've been listening to many very different performances of his music, starting from those conducted by Strauss himself to most recent ones. Still Karajan had his very special ability to approach this music, imho.

R-1510689-1431128251-4301.jpeg.jpg

Rudresh Mahanthappa Featuring Kadri Gopalnath & The Dakshina Ensemble ‎– Kinsmen

listening inspired by @austinpop. Great jazz-indian fusion.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I just found out that my local Steinway Piano Gallery (Boca Raton) runs a concert series with guest pianists.  It's an intimate venue and tickets are just $25.

Pianists coming soon include

JENNY LIN

CHING-YUN HU

ASIYA KOREPANOVA

I just need to resist the temptation to buy a baby grand and go into debt forever.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, Hugo9000 said:

An interesting little video of him choosing a Steinway:

A subjectivist's choice :) Just like the final 'SQ' check and fine-tuning at Steinway factory - done just by listening to the instrument. I bet most musicians and instrument makers would be very surprised by the fact that some people rely heavily on measuring gear.. But I don't want to start again the discussion as old as the (audio) world here.

12 hours ago, rickca said:

I just found out that my local Steinway Piano Gallery (Boca Raton) runs a concert series with guest pianists.  It's an intimate venue and tickets are just $25.

Pianists coming soon include

JENNY LIN

CHING-YUN HU

ASIYA KOREPANOVA

I just need to resist the temptation to buy a baby grand and go into debt forever.

Why, you can get used pianos for reasonable prices. Not a big market anymore. Estate sales....

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Adore Te Devote: Hymns, Gregorian Chant, And Meditations From The Cathedral Of St Paul

Janet Williams, contralto

Roger Burg, organist

Sonus Luxque 102

Recorded in the Cathedral of St Paul May 10, 1990 by 

Digital on Location - Afton, MN

Kathrine Handford - producer

William F. Lund - recording engineer

This arrived without the front booklet.  My internet search skills proved inferior to the task of discovering album art.  This was quite disconcerting and I would be ever so grateful to anyone who did manage to produce it.   

My two-year-old nephew's favorite vocal music recording:  Nina Stemme performing Richard Wagner's Wesendonck-Lieder

1138479438_NinaStemmeWagnera.thumb.jpg.819be4b7eeb35f81363e261e7955a189.jpg

716063952_NinaStemmeWagnerb.thumb.jpg.62548a19f9153e771de364078860fa02.jpg

He also loved it when I played her recording with piano accompaniment the other day:

1550511313_NinaStemmerecitala.thumb.jpg.edf94583a8fb297c591a28efe6a30db7.jpg

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子