Regardless of our differing POV on other things, this is ultimately a music site and just want to thank you for turning me on to some great music. As I have said before, I am no aficionado on classical music and find your recommendations superb and one of the highlights of this forum. Loved this one and have already listened to it three times.

Thanks

Thanks! And hey, if there's one thing I've learned in politics, there is always something to take away from people who disagree with you!

Feel free to put me on your ignore list!

Musicophile, I will place you on my group of "friends".

Thanks to all those who share their love of music in all it's variety.

There are many similar forums but none is more valuable to me than this one.

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

AC/DC, Back in Black. Such a great rock album: my first intention when I put this on was to listen to the title track once, and I ended up listening to the whole album twice in a row.

ACDC-Back-In-Black.jpg

Followed by Beethoven's Missa Solemnis by Harnoncourt in high-res from Qobuz. A very good interpretation: it takes second place in my personal ranking, below Klemperer but above Karajan. Sound quality is good: very natural, but not spectacular.

harnoncourt-beethoven-missa-solemnis-ete-2015-2-cd-sony-classical-review-presentation-annonce-CL.jpg

Beethoven: Eroica, by Reiner conducting the CSO, 24/96 rip of a mono vinyl in the collection of the National French Library, for €1.69 from Qobuz. Outstanding interpretation and, except for three minutes in the fourth movement, good sound quality.

3614591365584_600.jpg

Johannes Ockeghem: Missa De plus en plus; Missa Fors seulement

Schola Discantus

MI0000993094.jpg

Johannes Ockeghem: Missa De plus en plus & Missa Au travail suis

Tallis Scholars

51HM+WmBNRL.jpg

Fo the Missa De Plus en plus, Tallis recording has a bit more clarity, Discantus has more warmth and depth. I was more drawn into the Schola Discantus recording. The Clerks' Group and The Orlando consort have also recorded this Mass. My preference is for the 2 above.