I'm a fan of Eric Bibb. I have seen him perform live, and have about 10 of his CD's. Some of his CD's are mastered poorly. I would be especially careful with purchasing his new CD's. The last one I bought, Blues People (2014), was brickwalled so badly that it was unlistenable.

The ones that I have with good SQ/DR include:

Blues, Ballads, & Work Songs

Booker's Guitar

Good Stuff

Spirit & The Blues

Twelve Gates to the City

An Evening With Eric Bibb

Thanks for the feedback. Since he became a topic a few posts ago, I've learned

how busy he's been in the past few years, sometimes two releases a year.

I haven't done any critical listening or reviewed the recording details for personnel

changes. Equally plausible are the limitations of my mid-fi setup or my aging ears.

My Bibbliograhy includes nine of his releases from "Spirit and the Blues" to his latest.

Can't promise that I'll find the time to report on their relative merits, though

Another kindred spirit is, of course. Keb Mo'. Nothing especially exciting in their artistic evolution,

just two men who have found their groove and share their joy & sorrow in song all these years.

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

Another kindred spirit is, of course. Keb Mo'. Nothing especially exciting in their artistic evolution,

just two men who have found their groove and share their joy & sorrow in song all these years.

Keb' Mo' is another favorite... have most of his collection.

MI0002349958.jpg

David Crosby - Voyage

Most folks would have the individual albums, but this is a fine collection that does a good job of collaging Crosby's work across all of his bands and solo material.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

Keb' Mo' is another favorite... have most of his collection.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27836[/ATTACH]

David Crosby - Voyage

Most folks would have the individual albums, but this is a fine collection that does a good job of collaging Crosby's work across all of his bands and solo material.

Thanks for the heads up, I've most of his work but welcome a remastered compendium of his career.

Noticed that he has a new work to be released in a few months.

Wasn't knocked out by 'Croz, but I'm always hopeful for talents like his.

Lighthouse.jpg

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

Thanks for the feedback. Since he became a topic a few posts ago, I've learned

how busy he's been in the past few years, sometimes two releases a year.

I haven't done any critical listening or reviewed the recording details for personnel

changes. Equally plausible are the limitations of my mid-fi setup or my aging ears.

My Bibbliograhy includes nine of his releases from "Spirit and the Blues" to his latest.

Can't promise that I'll find the time to report on their relative merits, though

Never caught on to Keb Mo'

If you haven't already you might want to check this one out:

MI0000407482.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Never caught on to Keb Mo'

If you haven't already you might want to check this one out:

MI0000407482.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Thanks, that's one my earliest finds from Bibb. Probably his most Gospel inspired work.

Love their take on "Gotta Serve Somebody."

Which leads me to this...

Gotta.jpg

PS: How did you post the cover as large as you did? My posted cover is of a 1500 by 1500 image.

Thanks, that's one my earliest finds from Bibb. Probably his most Gospel inspired work.

Love their take on "Gotta Serve Somebody."

Which leads me to this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27865[/ATTACH]

PS: How did you post the cover as large as you did? My posted cover is of a 1500 by 1500 image.

Actually it turned out bigger than I thought it would.

I did a search on Allmusic website, clicked on the album cover (which blew it up) then did a right click on that picture, clicked on copy image location, pasted link in ''insert image''

Actually it turned out bigger than I thought it would.

I did a search on Allmusic website, clicked on the album cover (which blew it up) then did a right click on that picture, clicked on copy image location, pasted link in ''insert image''

Thanks for that, Emcee. I had been uploading from my cover art, usually 1000 or 1500 pixel images.

Seems they get downsized in the process so I'll use the "paste image location' method instead.

Just arrived in the mail today:

Johannes Ockeghem: Missa Prolationum

Ensemble Musica Nova, Lucien Kandel

Curious about your impressions.

Yes. That was 1st track of album of the evening for June 6. A quick peek at the score will show just how sophisticated it is. Amazing.

Thanks for the link and reminder. Taruskin actually includes most of the score and walks the reader through it (although it's difficult reading for me).

Josquin: Missa Hercules Dux Ferrariae; Miserere mei Deus; Mottetti

De Labyrintho

Two interesting, positive reviews:

Josquin: Missa Hercules Dux Ferrariae; Miserere mei Deus; Mottetti - De Labyrintho | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3LONQNQID9WKJ/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B002OHQNUI&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=5174&store=music

MI0001090640.jpg

Wilhelm_Kempff-Beethoven_Piano_Sonatas.jpg

Beethoven Piano Sonatas by W. Kempff, 24/96 remastering, sold for only €12.25 on Qobuz, which means about 1€ per GB of FLAC music file, a remarkably low price. Kempff's interpretations are of course very good, although I tend to prefer Arthur Schnabel (in much inferior sound quality), Yves Nat, Rudolf Serkin or, for a bit of period-instrument fun, Ronald Brautigam.

Curious about your impressions.

I'm still trying to get my head around prolation. It seems to create a much more complex sound than straight canon. A simple idea can potentially turn into something really profound. But how does one control it and prevents the composition from turning into a big mess? Fascinating... :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27904[/ATTACH]

Beethoven Piano Sonatas by W. Kempff, 24/96 remastering, sold for only €12.25 on Qobuz, which means about 1€ per GB of FLAC music file, a remarkably low price. Kempff's interpretations are of course very good, although I tend to prefer Arthur Schnabel (in much inferior sound quality), Yves Nat, Rudolf Serkin or, for a bit of period-instrument fun, Ronald Brautigam.

Thanks for the inspiration. I have the Kempff cycle as well, but need to check out Nat.

In any case, regarding the aforementioned period instrument fun:

7318599915722_600.jpg

In excellent 24/44 sound from BIS.

And one more for a nice sunny Sunday afternoon

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27941[/ATTACH]

(24/88)

Love the album... not too much into house but this will surely win over anyone.

[video=youtube;NF-kLy44Hls]

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

Arvo Part:"Tabula rasa for two violins, string orchestra and prepared piano: Ludus (with movement)"

Inspired by the above:

Arvo Pärt: Tabula Rasa

MI0001035200.jpg

Includes 2 versions of Fratres, Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten and Tabula Rasa. Cantus and Silentium, the second part of Tabula Rasa after Ludus, are both prolation canons.

Arvo Pärt: Musica Selecta – A Sequence by Manfred Eicher

maxresdefault.jpg