Brian Bromberg - Wood.

One of the best recordings I know, were it for capturing the bass well.

Fond of Bromberg myself, I find the sound of the bass

in this recording from Sound Liason to be exceptional.

A live recording of upright bass and piano...

Cover.jpg

https://soundliaison.nativedsd.com/albums/sl1010aimpromptu

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

Nelsons and the BSO with their latest Shostakovich release (redbook stream from Qobuz).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27520[/ATTACH]

Surprisingly well recorded for DG standards.

Also on Tidal. Enjoying it, thanks.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Brian Bromberg - Wood.

One of the best recordings I know, were it for capturing the bass well.

Thanks for sharing. Found it on Qobuz, really nice.

Chris Connaker really needs to get his promised site upgrade up and running, way to often I'm missing the promised "LIKE" button on this thread.

71s6pDfrpGL._SL1422_.jpg

A good collection, with all the top hits in it.

Good intro to the blues icon from the 70s and 80s who was a regular on the radio.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

Ravel: Daphnis et Chloé - Nézet- Seguin - Rotterdam

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27564[/ATTACH]

Excellent 24/96 BIS sound, with a crazy DR.

And as someone who's owned this for a while, I can say the performance lives up to the conductor's excellent reputation.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

cover.JPG

The first recording of the recently rediscovered Piano Concerto in B minor Op. 3 by Moszkowski. Brilliantly played by Ludmil Angelov. Vladimir Kiradjiev conducts the BBC Scottish Orchestra.

Also on this album the Russian Rhapsody by Schulz-Evler.

Excellent sound from a 24/96 Hyperion download.

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

Allman Brothers Fillmore East MFSL Gold Disc. 45 years old today. Whipping Post baby!!

Fillmore_East_Cover_650.jpg

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Nelsons and the BSO with their latest Shostakovich release (redbook stream from Qobuz).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27520[/ATTACH]

Surprisingly well recorded for DG standards.

Another two of these albums exist of Shostakovich's 10th and Sebelius' 2nd. I read the BSO has a new and excellent recording studio in their symphony hall. Some of the very best SQ I've heard on my modest system!

R-4422058-1377630539-9563.jpeg.jpg

Blink 182 - Cheshire Cat

A new genre, Pop Punk, and possibly the most popular sound in the 90s.

I was more into Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit and No Doubt, but most of my friends were into Blink 182 and Green Day.

This is a good debut (actually a demo), but just not as good as their later albums.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

Ockeghem: Missa Cuiusvis Toni / Kandel, Ensemble Musica Nova

41Qc3cXtDYL (1).jpg

Johannes Ockeghem: Missa Cuiusvis Toni & Prolationum / Sound & The Fury

81IuVoitPmL._SL1500_.jpg

excerpt from review: "...a polyphonic mass by Johannes Ockeghem (1420-1497), is performed four times. That's right, the same mass! Missa Cuiusvis Toni, which translates as "Mass in Any Mode". But Ockeghem is no ordinary polyphonist; he's the Newton or Darwin of polyphony, one of the foundational composers of European music. And this is no ordinary mass; it's a mathematical cathedral. Just as a great gothic cathedral welters in complexities, spires and arches and sculpture in every nook, yet astounds the visitor with its unity of grandeur, that's the effect of this music. And once you grasp the intricacy of its structure, you'll surely doubt that it's really possible; it's as if Ockeghem had played musical chess with four mainframe computers and won all four games..." https://www.amazon.com/review/R3IPITGKVV9VCL/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000WC8DGY&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=5174&store=music#wasThisHelpful

The 2 recordings represent 2 very different performance styles. Ensemble Musica Nova is more approachable.

Ockeghem: Missa Cuiusvis Toni / Kandel, Ensemble Musica Nova [...] excerpt from review: "...a polyphonic mass by Johannes Ockeghem (1420-1497), is performed four times. That's right, the same mass! Missa Cuiusvis Toni, which translates as "Mass in Any Mode". [...]

This is wild :) Looks like none of the download sites include a booklet. Did you get the CDs?

Johann Sebastian Bach: Orgelbüchlein

Ensemble Mare Nostrum, Andrea de Carlo

MI0001180990.jpg

Careless Love - Madeleine Peyroux

Careless.jpg

Perhaps her best, along with "Half the Perfect World" IMHO

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.