A very interesting band. Thx for the recommendation!

I think you may like Charles Lloyd's 'Sangam' if you don't know it.

Yesterday I watched Hadouk Trio - En Concert Au Satellit Café (2005) DVD. A very intriguing world music - jazz fusion trio. IMO the percussionist is simply brilliant!

Kempff's interpretations are of course very good, although I tend to prefer Arthur Schnabel (in much inferior sound quality), Yves Nat, Rudolf Serkin or, for a bit of period-instrument fun, Ronald Brautigam.
I guess DG remastered its second, stereo set of Kempff's Beethoven? By some reason I prefer earlier mono. Artur Schnabel's set is available in several editions, some of them sounds better than others. Some prefer Naxos, others Pearl or Dante, Membran sounds best for me. You may want to check what will sound better for you, given the merits of this first ever recording of the cycle it might be very rewarding quest. I agree with your recommendation of Brautigam and would like to add recent Michael Korstick set as another new one which would be interesting for checking. From earlier ones I love first Philips set from Alfred Brendel. Of course, I see no point to doubt everybody will have its own preferences among tens and tens of available sets...)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27906[/ATTACH]

Love these guys.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I really enjoy this guy, one of my favs ' In My Father's House', has a lot of Keb Mo in him which I also enjoy.

Indeed, I just noted that I have three versions of "In My Father's House" by Bibb, good stuff...

Cecile McLorin Salvant: For One To Love (24/96):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27972[/ATTACH]

See also here: https://musicophilesblog.com/2015/09/04/will-cecile-mclorin-salvant-become-the-most-important-jazz-singer-of-our-century-a-review-of-for-one-to-love/

Enjoy immensely, thank for the thoughtful review.

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

I see that James Hunter has a new release.

He's a British soul and R&B singer who has worked with Van Morrison.

If you can imagine a British Sam Cooke.

Here's the newest...

a1254881036_10.jpg

Can't seem to imbed video link as I'd like.

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

Looks interesting. Thanks.

Bach: Musical Offering

Jordi Savall, Le Concert Des Nations

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28026[/ATTACH]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyJKGu8gWQM

You're welcome and I love almost everything that Savall touches.

My heart went out to him at the loss of his wife and fellow

musician, Montserrat Figueras. I can't imagine the depth of his grief.

May I ask how you linked the video link as you did?

I just tried without success in the post above. Many thanks...

Bach: Musical Offering

Jordi Savall, Le Concert Des Nations

Now this is freaky. I've had this queued up for the past few days. Didn't get around to it until now:

J.S. Bach: Musical Offering

Davitt Moroney, Janet See, John Holloway, Jaap ter Linden, Martha Cook

MI0000971003.jpg

Louis Couperin: Complete Harpsichord Works

Richard Egarr

MI0003202778.jpg

Thanks, this post prompted me to discover, (I humbly admit) that my Baroque collection is

bereft of a single composition by Louis. My modest library contains only the work of Francois.

Amends to be made...

Given that I was quite disappointed by Pollini's high-res Beethoven re-recordings on DG over the last couple of years, I was a bit surprised how much I liked this 1970s set when I went back to it:

0002894497402_600.jpg

All the precision and controlled energy I remembered from Pollini was there.

Well I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, he isn't a legend for nothing. He is probably these days beyond his peak. I saw him live 3 years ago, with the Preludes, nonetheless, and was also a bit underwhelmed.

Thanks, this post prompted me to discover, (I humbly admit) that my Baroque collection is

bereft of a single composition by Louis. My modest library contains only the work of Francois.

Amends to be made...

You're welcome. Louis Couperin is one of my favorite composers. Totally wild on the one hand, but makes total sense on the other hand. Amazing. In any case, album of the evening:

Lucrezia Vizzana: Componimenti Musicali

Muscia Secreta, Catherine King

MI0001004535.jpg