Thanks for this, I'm listening now.

Indeed, this is the golden age of the Jazz piano trio.

Thanks!

A now for something completely different:

0635212046128_600.jpg

Schubert: Symphony No. 9 - Christoph von Dohnanyi - Philharmonia Orchestra.

See my review here: https://musicophilesblog.com/2016/06/26/christoph-von-dohnanyi-a-totally-underrated-conductor/

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1466973227.446852.jpg

"Jack White embarked on an unusual, acoustic tour. Hitting the only five states in the US in which he had yet to perform — the wild environs of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho and Alaska — White and his acoustic ensemble delivered jaw-dropping performances to the previously deprived terrritories.

Each show was announced only hours before curtains lifted and tickets were only available in the venue box office, 1 per person, for $3. The shows had several standards and rules set ahead of time by White:

No amplifiers, only ribbon microphones used, and no monitors on stage."

https://tidal.com/video/45165629

or

Robert de Visée : Pièces de théorbe

Hopkinson Smith

3298499024745_300.jpg

The lute holds a special place in my heart.

This inspired tonight's program...

Milano.jpg

Mudarro.jpg

Milano & Mudarra ala Smith, thanks.

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

Rolf Lislevand: La Mascarade

Music For Solo Baroque Guitar and Theorbo

Composers: Corbetta, Visee

ECM

24/88.2: Presto Classical - Rolf Lislevand: La Mascarade - ECM: 4811716 (CD or download) - Buy online

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27265[/ATTACH]

Thanks as this prompted me to play this

Visee.jpg

Earlier I gave this a second listen, nice to hear k.d.'s voice again.

CLV.jpg

Reminds me of this release

Puss.jpg

Primary System: HTPC (Win 10, 64) > Synology DS212j > JRiver MC 22 > Uptone Audio Regen Amber > Schiit Bifrost Uber 4490 > Marantz SR7010 with Marantz UD5005 > Aperion Intimus 6Bs (LR) + Intimus 5C + 4 Intimus 4BPs (Surround) + 2 Bravus 12s - Display: Samsung 55" KS9000 - Headphones: AKG Q701.

The lute holds a special place in my heart.

This inspired tonight's program...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27257[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27258[/ATTACH]

Milano & Mudarra ala Smith, thanks.

While we're on the lute:

I've received this album in 24/96 as a free compensation from eclassical after pointing out that one of their albums I had bought from them was mislabeled on the site (excellent customer service by the way).

Well played and very well recorded.

4819247-origpic-f62ae0.jpg

While we're on the lute:

I've received this album in 24/96 as a free compensation from eclassical after pointing out that one of their albums I had bought from them was mislabeled on the site (excellent customer service by the way).

Well played and very well recorded.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27290[/ATTACH]

+1

Working my way through Dufay's Masses and some motets:

Du Fay: Les messes à teneur

Jesse Rodin, Cut Circle

CD2:

Missa Ecce Ancilla Domini

Ave Regina Caelorum

Missa Ave Regina Caelorum

71+SdW0VGQL._SL1200_.jpg

cover.jpg

Chopin: Etudes. Vigorous, energetic performances by Maurizio Pollini.

The sound, from a 24/96 Qobuz download (remaster), is vivid and clear, but a bit unpleasantly clangy.

For a more relaxed approach of these works, I also like Claudio Arrau's interpretations:

cover.jpg

The sound, form a Warner CD rip, is a bit muffled, but the overall timbres sound more like a piano's than the DG remaster.

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

71-969AKuiL._SX355_.jpg

Have been meaning to do a discography listening session of CSN/Y, and the individual solo albums of David Crosby, Stephen Stills, and Graham Nash and then of course Neil Young too... this is a good heads up.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

71-969AKuiL._SX355_.jpg

Nice, one of the very first albums I bought (as a new release).

A classic from the golden age of rock 1968 to '72. IMHO...

Old favorites, though been a while with either of them...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27350[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27351[/ATTACH]

Myself, continuing on with Bob Seger.

21687-brand-new-morning.jpg

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther