IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

4 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

Same here. Some tracks hang, others do not, regardless of format. It may have to do with audio analysis, or with exclusive use that makes a file unavailable fior playback. I also had this problem when, for comparison, I switched from A+ 3.5 to AS after fully closing down the former.

I havent done any audio analysis since Ive been trialling Studio.  I am only using it for streaming Tidal/Qobuz at the minute so that would suggest that its not the audio analysis on my side at least.   Im using the Kernel Streaming mode.   I do also get the high pitch hiss/spit type noise randomly at the end of tracks. Although it has done it less since the 1.3 update I still get it once a track has finished and the next one is loading.  Other than that I am really pleased and will join for at least the 1st year using the discount Ive received for being a Audirvana 3.5 User.  

6 hours ago, BassFace said:

Is anyone still getting Audirvana crashes?    Mine seems to randomly crash at the end of an album or if I stop a track and select another track.   It was doing it a lot since I started my trial although it isn't doing it so much since the latest 1.3 update but it is still doing it.   Other than that everything else seems to work great for me using Tidal and Qobuz.

All of the time. 

Happens randomly but routinely and takes down my streamer with it. I can't close it out without a ctrl+alt+del and the streamer needs to be restarted. 

Sounds pretty good, but this unreliability is a deal killer for me. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

41 minutes ago, jos said:

Agree, but It would be gentle if Damien will appear on this site with a plan regarding the bugs and the steps in time he needs to solve them. Most of us are fan of Audirvana/Damien, but I think: we all have the feeling being left alone with our bugs.

I submitted several bugs reports and got answers straightaway from Damien. So no complaints here. I have no doubts that in the end Damien will solve the bugs as he did in the older versions. I understand it is not simple to get the windows and Mac versions totally bug free in one iteration. Also people use Studio differently: I use it mainly local and some Radio use (nice feature!), I never used upsampling, but with Studio the sound improved slightly with upsampling. Then there is the integration with all kinds of DAC’s/ up-sampling scenarios and not to forget the coming implementation of the remote. This makes it difficult to give general answers from Damien, other then that he will try to solve the most prominent bugs. And, I quote Damien: “especially when playing in Integer mode that has small frames, and in high sample rate (this means many small packets sent to the DAC per second that must not be delayed), the audio output becomes quite sensitive to such interruptions due to peak activities like the ones of an anti-malware program or other programs.” Not everybody uses their Mac or windows machine as a music server alone!
I have to say that I am very happy with the sound of Studio compared to A+, and that is the most important part for me!

I've had a couple of small issues with Studio I would with hindsite categorize as my oversight rather than app bugs, and Damien's customer service guys guided me straight to the solution. Customer service did the same for me in 3.5 as well.  My expectations for problem solving, then, have little to do with where issues are resolved--on a forum or from customer service or even who resolves them--but only if they are resolved clearly and promptly.

By that measure, they've done well--I have zero complaints.

More importantly for me, I continue to be impressed with SQ--to the point I've been pulling out non-favorites tracks from the Library and are re-listening. For the first time, I really like some of them. 

iMac 27" with local music files > Audirvana Studio > Router/ Modem> etherRegan )JS-2 LPS > Sablon > 2nd etherRegan (LPS 1.2))>UltraRendu (LPS-1.2)> Schiit Yggy > Ayre K5 XE MP Preamp > Ayre v5 Amp > Aerial 10-T Speakers. PC's, SC's and  IC's Cerious Technology Matrix and Ghent DC cords. Gaia under components and speakers. 1 Topaz 1k Iso, BPT power center. Maestro wall plug, dedicated 20 amp run to equipment, second run to distant iMac/Router, BK Precision 1604 and 2nd Topaz.

3 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

All of the time. 

Happens randomly but routinely and takes down my streamer with it. I can't close it out without a ctrl+alt+del and the streamer needs to be restarted. 

Sounds pretty good, but this unreliability is a deal killer for me. 

I have to close Audirvana and reload it every time it crashes. The most annoying part is having to keep inputting my email and password every time. Its actually more annoying than it crashing. 

11 hours ago, BassFace said:

I have to close Audirvana and reload it every time it crashes. The most annoying part is having to keep inputting my email and password every time. Its actually more annoying than it crashing. 

Perhaps you can try this: go to my account and disconnect Audirvana. Then start Audirvana again and login with your account. It solved my problem too.

@erikdi think it is got nothing to do with AS software, but on the renderer hardware/programming and the compatibility of it with AS. When Goldnote DS-10 was released i also had that problem streaming upnp from 3.5, and now with the empirical audio interchange network renderer, no problem at all.