IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

21 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@The Computer Audiophile @RunHomeSlow @Jud @damien78 just lost my A+3.5.52(or what ever the latest version was) It says "there is no valid license to continue execution of Audirvana"--I have had all versions of Audirvana since 2013! I don't even know where my license key is anymore. Anyone else suddenly have this problem and how do I get my A+3.5... back as I haven't made up my mind yet to go to STUDIO

i have submitted this to Audirvana Support/Community also

let me know if you have any suggestions or if anyone else suddenly has this problem thanks bobbmd

When purchasing Audirvana for Windows I got a pdf invoice sent to me  by email.  That invoice contained the activation key.  If you cannot find your activation key you're going to need to contact Damien.

mQa is dead!

I'm giving up on AS. Not only the whole MusicBrainz fiasco and all the GUI bugs, now I'm having playback issues too. Some tracks refuse to play past specific positions. Playback stops and the DAC (Pre Box S2 Digital) is unusable until it's been restarted. Same tracks are playing just fine using 3.5.

I don't give up yet. There are problems with Dac recognition (MolaMola Tambaqui), sometimes it works, most of the time not.

I have no database issues as I use Audirvana for HighResAuudio streaming only. But then there are lots of bugs in the streaming environment too. Example: You can't favorite an album. Ok, too many bugs to list them here.

I wait until the end of the test period. If nothing fundamental changes, I am out. This has the feel and the bugs of an early beta.

I don't want to pay a sub fee, only to become a beta tester.

I think it was an error going public too early and asking a yearly fee for a software simply not ready in any way.

I can see the market opening for non-streaming simple high quality app that will work with plug ins and a fast remote app.  I will stay with 3.5 while I wait.

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

@LucretiaS ThankYou I find that stored in finder went to web site and retrieved the license key for A+3 entered it in the rectangular box that showed up when I liked on my Audirvana icon.

NOTHING happened have reached out to ALL Damiens and others as I did here on Audirvana support/community site haven’t  heard back from anyone yet

If I sign up for STUDIO how will they know I have an A+3.5 account and what happens to all my TIDAL and Qobuz self made and their playlists favorites ect I have will they go to STUDIO?? 

More importantly why did my A+3.5 just disappear and why?—just to get me to buy STUDIO?

bobbmd thanks again 

@LucretiaS @Jud @RunHomeSlow and @damien78 Audirvana support quickly gave me my license key# and then they personally reset my A+3.5... everything is back

thanks for all your help and suggestions especially @LucretiaS

they haven't responded yet as to why this happened and @jimdukey & @MemoryPlayer FYI there is almost always an answer to all things and Audirvana always answers quickly regardless of what others esp on their community page say--try to get a straight forward response like I did from ROON without being censored or being asked asinine questions about what your 'setup' is everytime there is a problem

again thanks all above for your help if i left anyone out my apologies

bobbmd

2 hours ago, bobbmd said:

@LucretiaS @Jud @RunHomeSlow and @damien78 Audirvana support quickly gave me my license key# and then they personally reset my A+3.5... everything is back

thanks for all your help and suggestions especially @LucretiaS

they haven't responded yet as to why this happened and @jimdukey & @MemoryPlayer FYI there is almost always an answer to all things and Audirvana always answers quickly regardless of what others esp on their community page say--try to get a straight forward response like I did from ROON without being censored or being asked asinine questions about what your 'setup' is everytime there is a problem

again thanks all above for your help if i left anyone out my apologies

bobbmd

Glad it worked out for you.   For future reference, it's @lucretius, and not @LucretiaS.

mQa is dead!

39 minutes ago, jos said:

That is weird; going back to Audirivan 3.5 I heard the same stuttering as with AS. I never heard this problem before with 3.5. Perhaps of the added metadata?

Very much doubt it.  Perhaps a network bug tickled by Studio that persists. I would try the usual network bug solutions, unless someone has a better idea.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I'm not particularly enamored with subscriptions, but I have a few and I'm quite content to sign up for them when they make sense.  I've been for the most part quite satisfied with Audirvana and it has been well worth it's cost to me.  If a subscription is the cost of keeping Audirvana available to me, I'll happily subscribe.

That said, with Audirvana Studio being in it's current state, I won't be jumping to immediately try it.  For me to do so, Audirvana Studio would need:

1. A working remote app
  2. the analyze that determines the MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID defaulted to off, and make it an opt in choice
  3. Have a good number of the issues folks are currently encountering ironed out

Don't know how much of the new functionality of Audirvana Studio that I would use.  But hopefully enough of the issues will be ironed out before too long so I can give it a try and find out.

Main System: Mac mini (Audirvana+, MMK, JS-2) -> ISO Regen (LPS-1) -> Icron 2201 (Rex LPS-1.2) -> ISO Regen (LPS-1.2) -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty -> Headamp GS-X Mk2 -> Classe CT-M600 -> KEF Reference 201/2

1 hour ago, copy_of_a said:

DSD upsampling quality is mediocre at best (IMHO) and the implementation is more CPU intensive as it should be (compared to the excellent CPU/RAM management in HQPlayer

With regard to SQ, of course, opinions differ. Regarding “CPU intensive,” however, I know my i7 8700K has no problem upsampling to DSD512 in Audirvana or Studio, while there are approximately infinite combinations of upsampling and DSD modulators in HQP for which it can’t touch DSD512. There are long threads about whether there are CPU/GPU combinations that can do DSD512 with EC modulators in HQP; no equivalent for Audirvana.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

It is not ready yet. When it will be, the new remote will be good for v3.5 and Studio.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

After the new update..Still AS is Analyzing the files.. I did delete the AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite Did a clean syncing of my music

but still the analyzing is running.. The metadata recovery is off (default). 1018400392_ScreenShot2021-05-26at2_34_54PM.thumb.png.bc12dbe8e800a8ca82f89a8e97ba04ee.png 

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.