IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

Lately, I have no problems with AS anymore, especially the stuttering has stopped 🙂! A sizeble font would be a nice addition because of my eyes, the old fashioned stop button and some other things, but for now I am satisfied.

22 hours ago, bobbmd said:

WOW with all above problems with Windows  why would anyone use it— I am having little of the above with my late 2012 i7 mini 16GB RAM new Samsung SSD and Catalina STUDIO runs smooth as silk and SQ is fabulous 

It's not so much a Windows problem as it is a problem of the Audirvana programmers (i.e Damien) whose expertise is with Macs.  Also, rememeber that Audirvana for the Mac has been around a lot longer snd consequently is more mature than the Windows version.

mQa is dead!

I have found that, while they can coexist on the same computer, they can't be running at the same time, though. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

On 6/13/2021 at 3:34 PM, Mike Rubin said:

Tried to upload this to the Audirvana forum but it won't allow me to attach the video capture.

What the hell IS this?

The only way to end it is to use ctrl+alt+del, as there doesn't actually seem to be an "exit" menu item anywhere and the "x" in the upper righthand corner appears to be disabled. 

Sorry, but Studio is just way, way, way too buggy right now to be the Roon replacement that I seek. 

This behavior just recurred in 1.5, but, this time, I couldn't even get the Windows recorder to work when Audirvana was visible on my screen.  (It worked fine if I brought up other apps to test, but it would not start recording if Audirvana's pulsations were on screen.)  I therefore can't post the actual screen at the time of the most recent failure.

Again, the only way to exit was to use ctrl+alt+del.  The upper righthand corner "x" is functionless and trying to close the window from the taskbar did nothing.

I am disappointed that this kind of bugginess remains in the brand new release. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

Oh, and by the way, after force-quitting Studio after that video anomaly, I was unable to get it to load again until I rebooted the computer.

I just upgraded my late 2017 MacBook Pro 13'' to a new M1 MacBook Air (both with 8GB/256GB). I don't have the old Intel one any more, but at first listen the new M1 sounds even better. Very "quiet", if that makes any sense. 

Probably expectation bias, but overall I'm very happy with the SQ of 1.5. 

On a different note, I'm just somewhat puzzled by the rapid inflation of the Studio version numbers. We're already at 1.5 with barely any visible changes, in just a couple of weeks. Remember the HUGE differences between A+ 1.x, 2.x and 3.5? At this speed we get there before year end. 

25 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

I just upgraded my late 2017 MacBook Pro 13'' to a new M1 MacBook Air (both with 8GB/256GB). I don't have the old Intel one any more, but at first listen the new M1 sounds even better. Very "quiet", if that makes any sense. 

Probably expectation bias, but overall I'm very happy with the SQ of 1.5. 

On a different note, I'm just somewhat puzzled by the rapid inflation of the Studio version numbers. We're already at 1.5 with barely any visible changes, in just a couple of weeks. Remember the HUGE differences between A+ 1.x, 2.x and 3.5? At this speed we get there before year end. 

Interesting,thar the new M1 Air is superior to the old MBP, thanks for sharing.

I think the rapid inflation of the version numbers is made to demonstrate the progress of Audirvana with the new subscription model.

Studio 1.5 makes a much better impression than Studio 1.0.5.......

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

There is still work to do with 1.5 version ...
I still get static noise during playback when using Luminar AI or other software on M1 Mac mini 16 gig ram.
The problem exist also with Audirvana 3.5 version on the same mac.

❓Anyone else having this problem of static noise occurring while listening AS ?

56 minutes ago, vicento said:

There is still work to do with 1.5 version ...
I still get static noise during playback when using Luminar AI or other software on M1 Mac mini 16 gig ram.
The problem exist also with Audirvana 3.5 version on the same mac.

❓Anyone else having this problem of static noise occurring while listening AS ?

Even with 16GB maybe it’s not a good idea to run processor heavy software in parallel to audio playback?

Studio hasn't successfully played my DSD256 files. They start (and sound great!), but then you get a short drop-out. Then another. Then a longer one. Then it stops altogether - actually, the counter says it's still playing, but no sound comes out. If you don't stop it, sound may appear again - briefly - after a few minutes, but quickly stops again.

2014 iMac Intel i5, 8 GB (about 6 for buffering in Studio). Local files, wired Ethernet, no other apps running.

12 minutes ago, bnbayer said:

Studio hasn't successfully played my DSD256 files. They start (and sound great!), but then you get a short drop-out. Then another. Then a longer one. Then it stops altogether - actually, the counter says it's still playing, but no sound comes out. If you don't stop it, sound may appear again - briefly - after a few minutes, but quickly stops again.

2014 iMac Intel i5, 8 GB (about 6 for buffering in Studio). Local files, wired Ethernet, no other apps running.

This used to happen with me regularly with 3.5, but after reducing the "Max memory allocated for tracks pre-load" (in Preferences) to about 3000 MB, the drop-outs went away.  (I had previously set this much higher but the dropouts still occurred; seems counterintuitive that a lower setting would work better.)  This setting carried over to AS when I installed it, so my DSD25 files still play without hiccups.

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Installed the 1.5 update (macOS) yesterday, and it seems that an old problem has returned: when scrolling in "Albums" view and clicking an album (to view its contents or whatever) and then clicking the back arrow to return to Albums view, the page goes back to the top instead of back to where you had left off.  Damien, please fix!

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

16 minutes ago, Russell_L said:

Installed the 1.5 update (macOS) yesterday, and it seems that an old problem has returned: when scrolling in "Albums" view and clicking an album (to view its contents or whatever) and then clicking the back arrow to return to Albums view, the page goes back to the top instead of back to where you had left off.  Damien, please fix!

Mine come back where i was... Catalina 10.15.7

If You Got Ears, You Gotta Listen – Captain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

1 hour ago, Russell_L said:

This used to happen with me regularly with 3.5, but after reducing the "Max memory allocated for tracks pre-load" (in Preferences) to about 3000 MB, the drop-outs went away.  (I had previously set this much higher but the dropouts still occurred; seems counterintuitive that a lower setting would work better.)  This setting carried over to AS when I installed it, so my DSD25 files still play without hiccups.

Reducing the buffer to 1.2GB helped a lot, but I still get some drop-outs. A couple of tracks played with none, other tracks had only one or two short ones - no brain-freezes at least! (I recall having something similar with a large DXD file in 3.5 - I suspect it's the size of the file rather than the DSD256 that's the problem. I'll try that DXD recording again when I have the chance.)

The setting for METADATA RECOVERY says "You can define how the recovered metadata are used."

This isn't really true: you can choose not to have the Musicbrainz ID saved in your file, but you cannot choose whether or not to use it. Studio is still adding "recovered" metadata to the already-correct-and-complete metadata in my files.

PLEASE DON'T "RECOVER" ANYTHING! The conductor of that last piece was NOT "Sir Simon Rattle, Simon Rattle". Once is really enough for his name, and the honorific is not required for the db listing.