IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

22 minutes ago, MemoryPlayer said:

Who can explain what Audirvana Audio Scan is saying in the attached pictures?

The original 24Bits/192kHz file is fine, but after upsample it to 32Bits/768kHz with PGGB the detected quality is the same as a 16Bits/44.1kHz CD? 

I posted the same in PGGB thread, because sounds as a bug...

Audio Scan 768kHz PGGB 256.png

Audio Scan 192kHz Original.png

Looks to me like Audirvana just needs to update its labels to show an error or something. It says that music higher than 192 is outside the capability of its algorithm, so it shouldn’t say CD quality, it should say it’s higher than 192 or ERROR. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, MemoryPlayer said:

Who can explain what Audirvana Audio Scan is saying in the attached pictures?

The original 24Bits/192kHz file is fine, but after upsample it to 32Bits/768kHz with PGGB the detected quality is the same as a 16Bits/44.1kHz CD? 

I posted the same in PGGB thread, because sounds as a bug...

Audio Scan 768kHz PGGB 256.png

Audio Scan 192kHz Original.png

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Looks to me like Audirvana just needs to update its labels to show an error or something. It says that music higher than 192 is outside the capability of its algorithm, so it shouldn’t say CD quality, it should say it’s higher than 192 or ERROR. 

The intent of the scan is to show you the *original* quality so you can tell whether you’ve been sold music as more expensive hi-res when it’s simply upsampled Redbook.

Looks to me as if the scan is doing its job.

Edit: Sorry, did not read closely enough. Is it possible the PGGB processing got rid of ultrasonics above 22.05kHz? I don’t know what might explain the dynamic range.

Yes, this could all simply be an error.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 4 months later...

Using Audirvana Origin, but this would apply to Studio too, the integration with Apple Music is (almost) perfect now, I noticed. I can use both at the same time without any 'left-overs' in Origin. I think it's because of the last two updates. I still use Apple Music for administrational usage, because I am used to it and it's in my experience more easy to use than Audirvana.

11 minutes ago, jos said:

the integration with Apple Music is (almost) perfect now

... integration? 😲

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

• 1 month later...

Given up on studio, when arriving from work away about 2-3 weeks , play stalls and there's an update to install.

Lumin and DAC had to be restarted, takes half hour messing about to listen to anything.

Since Qobuz is installed, the search is mainly online, can't find, but have albums local to play, just too hard.

The recently added tab from Origin was missing, a feature greatly missed.

In all, too difficult, removed the subscription, and also canned Qobuz. It could never work out what I liked, and suggested Indie, classical, pop, which I only played for sampling of less than 10s and heard enough. The Qobuz SQ was not comparable to local files, lacked imaging and detail, quite a distance behind.

Now listening to Origin, very happy again.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Audirvana Studio and Origin for Linux (.deb and .rpm) and NAS (QNAP) are out in beta! 🙂

https://community.audirvana.com/t/beta-audirvana-for-linux-and-nas/40733

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 2 weeks later...

I used Audirvana a long time ago and then switched to Roon for the past 5 years or so. I decided to give Studio a try this week.

First, I like the pricing. It's about 1/2 the cost of Roon. And you can do a full month with a full product for Free. So, trying it is totally risk free. Then if you want to subscribe you can go monthly, cancel any time, or pay a reduced cost for a full year. NICE!

Setup was initially confusing - but not difficult. I'd say the learning curve is less than one day of using the software. I use a SoTM SMS200 Ultra Neo network streamer and I couldn't easily find instructions for this. But with more dedicated looking I found enough info to make is work easily.

It sounds great. Does it sound better than Roon or Roon with HQ Player? I kind of think so, but I haven't used it long enough to be sure. I like to use a product for a week or so before going back to the other product I'm comparing with.

There are some features in Roon that I'm missing in Studio - but It could be just my inexperience with the GUI.

If you haven't given Audirvana Studio a test I think you owe it to yourself to give it a one month Free trial.

Analog: Rega P8 'Table > Ortofon Cadenza Black Cartridge > Bob's Devices SUT 1:20 > Naim Supernait3 Phono Section

Network Streaming: SoTM SMS200 Ultra w/ SoTM SPS500 power supply > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC
Digital Disc: Shanling ET3 CD Transport > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC

Audio: Naim Supernait3 Integrated> Harbeth P3ESR Speakers w/ Two Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subwoofers
Power: PS Audio Stellar PowerPlant3