IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

If you have your playlists saved somewhere you can just click the three dots to import all at one time...

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 8.47.04 AM.png

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

3 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

If you have your playlists saved somewhere you can just click the three dots to import all at one time...

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 8.47.04 AM.png

Thanks, @RunHomeSlow.  I am embarrassed that that did not occur to me before I reconstructed all the playlists last night. :) 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

10 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

It took so long for the list to populate that I didn't think anything was happening even though something was, so it must have been a resource issue

Possibly related to the on-going analysing? Even if it isn't writing MusicBrainzID tags to your files, perhaps the analysis is building Audirvana's own library file, and that's where it looks when populating smart playlists?

1 minute ago, bnbayer said:

Possibly related to the on-going analysing? Even if it isn't writing MusicBrainzID tags to your files, perhaps the analysis is building Audirvana's own library file, and that's where it looks when populating smart playlists?

Could well be.  For the record, the population did vary by playlist size and it generally became quicker as I went along. (I recreated 23 smart playlists of wildly different sizes by "contains" track title, album title, album artist, or file type.)

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

2 hours ago, Ernie said:

Does anyone know if a library consisting only of qobuz favorites can be filtered by genre, or anything?  I see no filters or sorting options when I view my albums ( which are entirely qobuz).  Thanks

If you click the up and down arrow button

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 6.47.51 PM.png

you'll see this window. There you can make some sort decisions.

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 6.47.59 PM.png

No electron left behind.

@RunHomeSlow Hi-- I did as you suggested above and that box with ALL my playlists came up BUT... I have literally hundreds of self made TIDAL & Qobuz playlists on A+3.5.46 do I have to manually transfer each one separately? You said "if you have them saved somewhere... you just click the 3 dots and they will transfer at once" the only place I have them is on TIDAL & Qobuz individually on there web apps and on A+3.5.46(and on ROON also)... could you or anyone else be more specific how I do this 'all at once'--have no patience to try to transfer each one individually. thanks bobbmd

1 hour ago, bobbmd said:

@RunHomeSlow Hi-- I did as you suggested above and that box with ALL my playlists came up BUT... I have literally hundreds of self made TIDAL & Qobuz playlists on A+3.5.46 do I have to manually transfer each one separately? You said "if you have them saved somewhere... you just click the 3 dots and they will transfer at once" the only place I have them is on TIDAL & Qobuz individually on there web apps and on A+3.5.46(and on ROON also)... could you or anyone else be more specific how I do this 'all at once'--have no patience to try to transfer each one individually. thanks bobbmd

when hard disc saved playlists, you click the three little dots to import, found them on computer, then select the first in the list and with shift key you select the last one, then import.

for qobuz or tidal, sorry i never streamed, can’t help.

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

@RunHomeSlow and others : "what a stupid I am"(Roberto DeVicenzo at '68 Masters when he signed his scorecard incorrectly)

ALL my Qobuz and TIDAL playlist transferred in that same EDITOR/NAVIGATOR box that RHS showed above ALL one has to do is double click the playlist you want and it plays !!

Sorry for wasting you time-I guess that why there is a 30 day trial so you figure out every little detail on STUDIO.

BTY I really like it and I personally think the SQ is far superior to old A+3.5.46 and TIDAL/Qobuz alone and ROON-- all music on my Schiit Yggdrasil GS says 48x 4 never did that on old A+3.5.46 Qobuz/TIDAL/ROON except with rare exceptions

@Musicophile I agree about UI not at all intuitive-- same for playlists it is an extra step in the process compared to A+3.5 BUT not only is the SQ so much better to my ears( what do you think?) but I now only have the volume wheel on my Schiit Ragnarok amp at 12 o'clock used to have to crank it up to 3 o'clock or more regardless of what service or player I was using.

Has anyone successfully played DSD file types (ISO, .dsf, etc) with AS setup as “Output Device: Audio Channels 7.1 ch"?  I have tried it on 2 of my Macs (a 2014 Intel iMac and 2020 M1 MacBook Air).  The application crashes immediately when attempting to play any DSD file type.  It will successfully play a multi-channel PCM file.  If I set “Output Device: Audio Channels”  to “use as Stereo only”, it will play DSD files.

I have a playlist from Archives.org of all The Grateful Dead debut songs the first time they sang them live(some prior to 1965 but mostly '65-'95). It's a hoot.

Does anyone know how I could somehow transfer the playlist to STUDIO?

12 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

I have a playlist from Archives.org of all The Grateful Dead debut songs the first time they sang them live(some prior to 1965 but mostly '65-'95). It's a hoot.

Does anyone know how I could somehow transfer the playlist to STUDIO?

From a website? if you can export that playlist in m3u format you will be able to import it after in Audirvana...

My take on Studio vs 3.5:

To be honest, I was very hesitant about the Studio version and was just waiting to see how things would develop.
I had cancelled my Qobuz subscription a couple months ago and have been waiting for Spotify hires streaming service.  I was disappointed with Audirvana Studio offering subscription only and  with no hope of Spotify connect etc.

But yesterday a great audiophile friend of mine called me about the comparison he’d made between the 3.5 and the Studio versions. He was just gobsmacked by the overwhelming differences and he just couldn’t believe that the Studio version sounded so much better! He has a great HiFi shop and is well known and respected. I had actually convinced him to try Audirvana 3.5 a few years ago.

My friend’s enthusiasm got me excited too and I just had to try it myself. So, I renewed my Qobuz subscription and started the Studio trial to make my own comparisons.
In short; I must say the Studio version sounds much better, it really does. Better sound stage, more detail and bigger bass too.
All the settings are identical, no upsampling, nothing. Both streaming and local playback sound better with the Studio.

I have no idea what Damien did but to me Studio sounds great. 😀

It looks like I will bite the bullet for Studio but first I need to see a remote app soon and a more stable version. And the new playlist manager, sorry but I don't like it at all; it just clatters the already very busy screen and it's not very easy to use. I use playlists a lot for choosing what to listen to and it was great on the left with the other stuff.

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

On 6/1/2021 at 9:10 PM, Pierre LeMonf said:

Greetings ladies and gentlemen. I purchased the standard version of Audirvana..does anyone know how to start it in playlist mode, as opposed to library mode? I don't use it for my library, just for local playback on my PC. 

Merci in advance.

Same question. I am thinking this is not possible, but would be very pleased if it was. I don't use library mode either, and it would be nice not to have to go through the extra clicks before I drag my files over to play.

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

31 minutes ago, Joebah said:

Same question. I am thinking this is not possible, but would be very pleased if it was. I don't use library mode either, and it would be nice not to have to go through the extra clicks before I drag my files over to play.

This is precisely why I asked@! It is a bit annoying to have to navigate out of the library screen to playlist.

Thanks for reply.