IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

18 minutes ago, bnbayer said:

There was a message here...  Scroll back up page 35 to Saturday at 2:27am (that's what it is on my computer, anyway). Just an email to support, apparently.

Per @damien78 (as found on the Audirvana Community support forum):

Hello everyone,

We understand that you ask for a trial extension as you have not been able to experience the Remote with Studio for the moment. We are still working on it and improving it.

As the Remote is still in work in progress and will be available in the next couple of weeks, for everyone wanting to get a trial extension, please send us a mail at [email protected] with the mail you use for your trial and we will give you 14 days extra time to your trial.

Note that since you may be a lot of people wanting it, our team will try to be as fast as possible to handle your extension request.

mQa is dead!

Apologies if this has been covered already, but I’ve just installed AS for the first time (v1.4) a couple of days ago, and suddenly it's showing duplicate tracks for most of my albums.  Furthermore, most of these duplicates (but not all) have different entries in the “artist” field, usually *in addition* to what I’ve meticulously entered previously.  Take the following as an example:

1454833217_ScreenShot2021-06-14at2_07_16PM.thumb.png.f48eb2943b4ea274d3c98d1b30d5b1e6.png

In this instance, the “Artist” was previously entered as “Reiner/CS”.  AS not only duplicated the tracks, but it also added “Sidney Harth (Violin), Fritz Reinter (sic), Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Chicago Symphony, Fritz Reiner," to what I had previously entered.  This extra info is obviously coming from an outside music database (Musicbrainz?) and I DON’T WANT IT!!!

Other albums show differing combos of artist metadata, alternating with my own and/or from the outside.  Some even show the WRONG artists!

FWIW, the “Save recovered track ID in your local files metadata” in Preferences is set to OFF.

This was not a problem at all with v3.5 and earlier.

Also, these issues did not show up until the second day or so of me using AS.  When I first installed the program, everything seemed OK (though I noticed a few—just a few—duplicated tracks while spot-checking).  On the second day, AFTER it had seemingly finished “analyzing” my files, it started analyzing all over again, which I think has led to the duplicate tracks and extra metadata.

Any way to fix this?  Thanks.

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

On 6/14/2021 at 11:16 AM, Jud said:

Another way to quit is to right-click the AS icon in the Windows taskbar and choose “Close window.”

That hasn’t worked for me, unfortunately.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

1 hour ago, BassFace said:

The new 1.4.5 Windows 10 Update has been released. 👍  Its worth reading the instructions as there is a file that has to be replaced. 

Autoinstaller in app updater returns this error:

"App installation failed with error message: error 0xC00CEE01: The XML in the .appinstaller file is not valid: Line 9, Column 55, Reason: Unexpected end of input. (0xc00cee01)"

Where does one find the instructions?

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

The Audirvana Forum says Studio first should be uninstalled according to the impossible-to-find release notes.

Not ready for prime time, clearly.

31 minutes ago, fheller said:

It's no big deal. Just follow the instructions and add a PC restart after you uninstalled Audirvana 1.3.

The whole process takes just a couple of minutes.

I did that very thing and I continue to get the same error message.  I cannot reinstall at all, leaving me in the same boat as some other users who have posted in the Audirvana forum.  

That's my idea of a big deal.

After a second PC restart, Studio reinstalled.  I copied back the database file and found that some of my settings were not retained, but at least the database was reinstalled when I copied over the saved file.

I hope that fewer steps will be required when updating in the future.

2 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

After a second PC restart, Studio reinstalled.  I copied back the database file and found that some of my settings were not retained, but at least the database was reinstalled when I copied over the saved file.

I hope that fewer steps will be required when updating in the future.

Interesting that enough was changed to require blowing away rather than upgrading the previous installation, and thus necessitated saving the old database file.

We’ll just have to see whether there will ever be in the future such thorough changes that an in-place upgrade isn’t possible, but I wouldn’t expect it to be common.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Some people claim that Audirvana Studio is modifying music files by adding metadata tags, without prior consent from the user. I can understand that concern. But are these tags actually written to the individual music (track) files, or are they saved in the .sqlite database? Perhaps I am not looking at the correct info, but I don't see evidence that the files are being modified.

I installed Audirvana Studio 1.4.0 on a Macbook Pro running macOS 10.14.6 "Mojave". My music files are on an iMac on the same home WiFi network. Audirvana Studio on the Macbook Pro is configured to manually sync to the folder on the iMac which contains the files. If I use Finder to read the creation and modification dates on these files, there is no indication that they have been touched. The modification dates displayed in Audirvana apparently indicate the dates when the files were added to the database.

Is the file modification only an issue on Windows machines?

1 hour ago, couchfungus said:

Some people claim that Audirvana Studio is modifying music files by adding metadata tags, without prior consent from the user. I can understand that concern. But are these tags actually written to the individual music (track) files, or are they saved in the .sqlite database? Perhaps I am not looking at the correct info, but I don't see evidence that the files are being modified.

I installed Audirvana Studio 1.4.0 on a Macbook Pro running macOS 10.14.6 "Mojave". My music files are on an iMac on the same home WiFi network. Audirvana Studio on the Macbook Pro is configured to manually sync to the folder on the iMac which contains the files. If I use Finder to read the creation and modification dates on these files, there is no indication that they have been touched. The modification dates displayed in Audirvana apparently indicate the dates when the files were added to the database.

Is the file modification only an issue on Windows machines?

It was made an opt-in feature in a recent update, so in the default setting it doesn’t write any musicbrains tags to your files.

8 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Solved, sorry!

For most of the people experiencing problems, a second restart seems to solve them. Don’t know if that’s what you did.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

11 hours ago, pdvm said:

It was made an opt-in feature in a recent update, so in the default setting it doesn’t write any musicbrains tags to your files.

Is this the preference option labeled "Save recovered track ID in your local audio files metadata"?  I saw that option, but it was not clear to me what it was doing. Maybe that's a bad translation from French.  In any case, I did not turn it on, so perhaps this is why I am not seeing mods to my files.

Thanks for the reply.

54 minutes ago, couchfungus said:

Is this the preference option labeled "Save recovered track ID in your local audio files metadata"?  I saw that option, but it was not clear to me what it was doing. Maybe that's a bad translation from French.  In any case, I did not turn it on, so perhaps this is why I am not seeing mods to my files.

Thanks for the reply.

I believe it is. As I’ve recently discovered, it seems that only the “Artist” field (as opposed to “Album Artist”) is affected in that it appends the MusicBrainz metadata to whatever you’ve already entered in that field.  It doesn’t modify your music files (unless you select this option), only its own .SQLite database. Trouble is, there’s no way to have it NOT display this extra metadata as far as I’ve been able to determine. Many of us here have taken great pains to ensure that our self-entered metadata is in a consistent and specific format, and the MusicBrainz Info is anything but. And it’s even been downright wrong on occasion. In addition, I have albums by a single artist where only some of tracks have this added metadata while the others are unchanged.  It would be really nice if Damien incorporated the option to not display this in future iterations of AS. (I hope he’s reading this thread!)

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

1 hour ago, bodiebill said:

I feel a bit stupid: I had to select the renderer anew. :-|

Don’t feel the least bit stupid - we have all been down this road (and for my part, through far more obvious oversights than yours 🙂).

On 6/18/2021 at 3:57 PM, Russell_L said:

I believe it is. As I’ve recently discovered, it seems that only the “Artist” field (as opposed to “Album Artist”) is affected in that it appends the MusicBrainz metadata to whatever you’ve already entered in that field.  It doesn’t modify your music files (unless you select this option), only its own .SQLite database. Trouble is, there’s no way to have it NOT display this extra metadata as far as I’ve been able to determine. Many of us here have taken great pains to ensure that our self-entered metadata is in a consistent and specific format, and the MusicBrainz Info is anything but. And it’s even been downright wrong on occasion. In addition, I have albums by a single artist where only some of tracks have this added metadata while the others are unchanged.  It would be really nice if Damien incorporated the option to not display this in future iterations of AS. (I hope he’s reading this thread!)

I've noticed that sometimes Studio is appending guest artists and composers (from Musicbrainz) to the Artist field.  In this case, the folks at Audirvana should have restricted the extra data strictly to the main artist/performer, as well as, give the user the choice between this new info and what's in the file tag.  In addition, sometimes Studio is populating the Composer field without regard to what is in the file tag.

mQa is dead!