IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

2 hours ago, LowOrbit said:

Has anyone got this working on W10 on a headless machine?

I have the app installed and it'll open but does not find my dac nor allow me to open "Settings". I don't want to pull the pc from my rack and connect up a screen and mouse.

A3.5 has not given me any issues over a remote connection.

Until the remote comes, I'm using the free version of RealVNC.

Edit: Or are you having problems with UPnP/DLNA? There, Studio works fine for me.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, Jud said:

Until the remote comes, I'm using the free version of RealVNC.

Edit: Or are you having problems with UPnP/DLNA? There, Studio works fine for me.

Hi Jud

The issue is I cannot open Settings, cannot define a Library path or an output device. Clicking on the Settings Icon does nothing at all.

I'll stick with Remote Desktop as the "old" Audirvana works (and so does HQP, JRiver et al).

Thanks

Mark

35 minutes ago, LowOrbit said:

Hi Jud

The issue is I cannot open Settings, cannot define a Library path or an output device. Clicking on the Settings Icon does nothing at all.

I'll stick with Remote Desktop as the "old" Audirvana works (and so does HQP, JRiver et al).

Thanks

Mark

This is the case even after restart?

Remote Desktop and RealVNC do very similar things, so no particular reason to change if you like the former.

Edit: I suppose as a last resort you could try uninstalling and reinstalling.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Anyone had any experience running the Audirvana Studio on a non M1 mac mini with High Sierra (which is the least requirenment)? How does it sound compared to the old Audirvana 3.5? 

Im currently running my Audirvana 3.5 on El Capitan. 

Ordering another SD card to do a High Sierra install so I could try Audirvana Studio on my tweaked 2014 mini. 

2 hours ago, Jud said:

Since so far as I can tell everything plays just fine without analysis completing, I'm not certain an opt-out is needed.

It's needed to (a) stop Studio from taking resources -- some of us multitask, and (b) stop Studio from sending info home (I would think this one would bother a lot of people).

mQa is dead!

2 minutes ago, lucretius said:

It's needed to (a) stop Studio from taking resources -- some of us multitask, and (b) stop Studio from sending info home (I would think this one would bother a lot of people).

I'm presuming the software must comply with EU law, which I believe requires opt-in before data can be used for marketing purposes.

Have you been able to trace analysis to a use of resources sufficient to slow or prevent multitasking on your computer?

23 minutes ago, Jud said:

This is the case even after restart?

Remote Desktop and RealVNC do very similar things, so no particular reason to change if you like the former.

Edit: I suppose as a last resort you could try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Yeah, restarted the machine, tried uninstalling and re-installing the app.

I am sure it'll turn out to be teething troubles, Damien responded with a query earlier today, so hopefully it'll get looked at but I am sure they have their hands full today! Who launches product on a Sunday...?

18 minutes ago, Jud said:

I'm presuming the software must comply with EU law, which I believe requires opt-in before data can be used for marketing purposes.

Have you been able to trace analysis to a use of resources sufficient to slow or prevent multitasking on your computer?

When Studio was analyzing files, significantly more resources were being used -- see fourstrings1891 post above.

As for sending info home, it's not just about using personal info for marketing purposes -- what if I just don't want to share any info?  Also, building Studio's central database is not my problem.

mQa is dead!

6 hours ago, matthias said:

Thanks for your advice,

there are some people who prefer even much older horn speakers to modern speakers😀

look at my system

you can't relate old horn speakers to old cars like you can old computers. The analogy doesn't apply since old computers are like old cars,; old, outdated,  and not as capable as new. Horn speakers are state of the art now just like they have always been. In the case of horns, old does not mean outdated.

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

1 minute ago, Musicophile said:

Didn't notice yet, will keep an eye out.

I'm really not a big fan o this entire "analyzing" business. I have really no clue what it is good for, what data it is sharing, how long it will take, and there's no way to get out of it. Not how software should be designed, and communicated about. 

Yeah, it's a big mystery. I'm not a fan of mysteries in this part of my life. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

18 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Anyone else see this behavior? Studio will say it's analyzing my library, and based on CPU and network utilization it looks like it truly is analyzing the music. However, after 30 minutes or so, all the CPU and network activity will stop, but Studio still says Analyzing audio files. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 9.30.40 AM.png

Yes. I conjectured it either says Analyzing all the time because it is on standby for any changes, or it is a UI bug.

My supposition is that the analysis is for the purposes of providing additional information about local files and for music suggestions based on what is being played. But an explanation of what is happening would be nice.

I’m concerned that a) the remote app might not be released within the 30-day trial and b) reported issues won’t be corrected within the trial period. 

It’s a reasonable question to ask why AS (as a subscription-model app) wasn’t rolled out to existing 3.5 users in waves. And also… it seems as if the 30-day trial period isn’t going to be long enough to resolve issues that are high priority for a significant number of users. 

I understand that any user interface change requires an adjustment period, but I find the look/feel of AS to be far less pleasing than the simpler interface of 3.5. 

it would be fantastic for

the user to be able to better control the level of info that’s displayed on the artist screen, for example. The ability to hide all the streaming integration (and simply view all your library albums for an artist) would be appreciated. 

45 minutes ago, fourstrings1891 said:

Maybe of interest to someone. These are domains that Audirvana Studio has been talking to since I installed the application this morning (compare old Audirvana above):

982977763_ScreenShot2021-05-17at16_04_43.thumb.png.6306b8a5cfd52c45e041672c84b3d66d.png

Also, an opt-out or pause of the audio analysis would have been nice. This has been the state of my computer all day:

2025266817_ScreenShot2021-05-17at16_10_32.png.9984912d1a7096fff1526101df147474.png

B2Clogin has to do with tracking the subscription. jQuery, aspnetcdn, and windows.net would be components of the application being accessed on Windows, perhaps?  Google APIs (application programming interfaces) for the search functionality? Just speculating....

5 hours ago, Jas0_0 said:

Many thanks.  

Would prefer to have them on the side bar as before, for drag-and-dropability 

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 11.09.30 AM.png

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13