IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

Yes, the several screens tell you things like how to stop play. 🙂

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Here's the "local" category:

image.thumb.png.4b0088bdfe8ba4283311d13d5e890e39.png

Looks like random order to me.

Ah, I mostly access mine through the Locations category, so I haven't paid attention to Local.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

41 minutes ago, Jud said:

Ah, I mostly access mine through the Locations category, so I haven't paid attention to Local.

The Search function doesn't appear to catch my local stations, unless you type in some pre-determined and unknown phrase -- we have a rock station here in Toronto calling themselves Q107 and they are found at 107.1 MHz on the dial.  You can search "Q107" or "107.1" and this station will not come up.  You have to type "Q107 Toronto" in the search box.  This is very awkward. 

Also, I noted that the local stations do not necessarily appear in their appropriate "Categories".  For example, rock station "Q107 Toronto" (noted above) doesn't appear in the "Rock" category, where it belongs.  

mQa is dead!

Despite finding a near-completely-faithful porting of all the issues/bugs I had with Audirvana 3.5 into Studio, and working around various library-related issues (Studio wanting to import my 3.5 library, and totally pooching it ... requiring deleting the entire library and rebuilding from scratch) ... I have to pressing questions ...

1. WTF is it doing that it is taking HOURS to do its "Analyzing audio files ..." thing, and what is the end result of that?

2. How does Studio behave in the face of not having an internet connection?

My primary use-case for 3.5 was using my laptop in offline scenarios.  Roon works for 30 days without a connection, with no issues.  What does Studio do?  I'll test it myself when this "analysis" thing finishes (if it ever does), but interested if someone knows the score as things stand ...

1 minute ago, ChipotleCoyote said:

So what I think I am reading here is "this may be one of those major software updates you should wait on until the first bug fix release." :)

Thats if you can actually get it downloaded and working...

No electron left behind.

I just went to the create account page ... created and got a verification code ... entered .. then Bingo .... Sound is very good

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u