IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

4 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

Some meta tagging analysis if I remember well from the presentation last week. They actually compare the files to some Shahzam like waveform database to help tagging. 

Fortunately, Audirvana Studio did not write any tags to my files -- I don't care what it keeps in its own database.

mQa is dead!

The Composer tag is still problematic -- Audirvana Studio can only read in the first of multiple composers, like 3.5.  However, on some tracks, it has replaced the composer information with multiple composers from it's own database to display in Audirvana Studio -- I could tell by the display format. The program should be made to read in multiple composers from the file tags.

And I don’t appreciate Audirvana Studio using it’s database information instead of my file tag information.

mQa is dead!

Is that true, that Audirvana replaces my tag info (I assume it doesn’t overwrite, just uses its own in the app).  That’s one of my biggest issues with Roon.  At least with Roon, you can override it’s tag info with your own.  Unfortunately, this could be a deal breaker for me.

Install probs - Have the trail email, clicked the link, it goes to the AV site and nothing happens?  Retried the link, says account already exists.  Cant you just download the installer?   Not sure what / where to go at this point.  Maybe the servers are being max'd out.

My rig

1 minute ago, Foggie said:

Install probs - Have the trail email, clicked the link, it goes to the AV site and nothing happens?  Retried the link, says account already exists.  Cant you just download the installer?   Not sure what / where to go at this point.  Maybe the servers are being max'd out.

Had the same problem. Managed to log in and download from there. 

On 5/9/2021 at 1:23 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

but I believe most software should’ve been via subscription long ago. Subscriptions strike a balance between the consumer and developer. 

I agree only because I've been on the corporate side of things where subscriptions stabilized revenue and allowed nearly complete control of the installed software.

On the other hand, subscriptions can be abusive which we are seeing in other sectors.

32 minutes ago, aaron8489 said:

Is that true, that Audirvana replaces my tag info (I assume it doesn’t overwrite, just uses its own in the app).  That’s one of my biggest issues with Roon.  At least with Roon, you can override it’s tag info with your own.  Unfortunately, this could be a deal breaker for me.

Audirvana is not rewriting your tag info in the file.  Rather, it can replace the file info with it's own for display in Audivana (at least for Composer).

mQa is dead!

35 minutes ago, Foggie said:

That was an interim condition while the site was being brought online (at least for me). Have you tried again recently?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, Musicophile said:

This is a pretty cool feature. I can finally retire Musicscope. 

image.thumb.png.ded6f3153997c5d9c3750149621d11e0.png

is the volume control dithered?

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX