IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

1 hour ago, lucretius said:

Is this with upsampling?

As a beta tester: (1) I agree with Musicophile about how it sounds to me. (2) With regard to upsampling, I tried both SoX and r8brain on my little desktop speakers (they're used to upsample to PCM768, then I use the B8 or C modulator to convert to DSD512). I thought I heard a difference, but couldn't tell which I preferred. Then I tried r8brain through the main system, had a "wow" moment, and have never tried to compare SoX. It's staying on r8brain. (This was unexpected and could be all in my head, because at https://src.infinitewave.ca/ the two sample rate converters look pretty comparable.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

7 minutes ago, lucretius said:

I give up.  How do you bring up that screen?

- Miniplayer (to the right of the player controls)

- Click upper left switch you see in miniplayer

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, jos said:

Where can I find the 'r8brain' setting, or is it embedded?

DAC settings, click small gear wheel for Upsampling settings.

1 minute ago, lucretius said:

I just broke the integer mode (kernel streaming) in Windows.  I wasn't getting DSD output, so I corrected that in the setings. Then I tried to play dsd files and nothing -- even got some error message about integer mode but it passed so quickly.

I am not able to upsample beyond 192k PCM with kernel streaming, and am not able to use it with DSD (with 2 DACs that do 768k PCM, DSD512).  So perhaps that's a choice - 192k PCM with kernel streaming, or DSD without kernel streaming.

7 minutes ago, Jud said:

I am not able to upsample beyond 192k PCM with kernel streaming, and am not able to use it with DSD (with 2 DACs that do 768k PCM, DSD512).  So perhaps that's a choice - 192k PCM with kernel streaming, or DSD without kernel streaming.

I think it's just a bug.  Since WASAPI can do DSD DoP, so should kernel streaming.  Audirvana even lets you set it up to do DSD DoP in kernel streaming. but I get the error message "Unable to change to integer mode."

Using an ASIO driver, I can upsample PCM to DSD256. However, DSD64 stays at DSD64 ????

mQa is dead!

24 minutes ago, lucretius said:

I give up.  How do you bring up that screen?

It is in settings in the Audio section.  There is a button that says "Check audio HD profile".  

Does anyone know if Leedh processing volume control is used in AV Studio?  There is no mention of it that I can find

44 minutes ago, Jud said:

That was an interim condition while the site was being brought online (at least for me). Have you tried again recently?

Yes, was now able to install.  Weird.  Cant "download" an installer per se, but is installed now. 👍

My rig

8 minutes ago, PunkRockDoc said:

It is in settings in the Audio section.  There is a button that says "Check audio HD profile".  

Does anyone know if Leedh processing volume control is used in AV Studio?  There is no mention of it that I can find

No, it is Damien's own design.

@The Computer Audiophile: Something cool - 

- Type "Radio Paradise" into the search field.  Yes, search works for radio stations too.

- Radio Paradise has a 44.1kHz FLAC stream, and the sound quality (upsampled to DS512 here) is very, very nice.

Oh, one other thing about radio stations: I haven't tried personally, but I believe it may be possible to add your own.

Just now, lucretius said:

I was able to bring it up -- had to turn on expert mode.

image.thumb.png.8a1a63834b51b21416de4d8921154d6c.png

However, "Check audio HD profile" does not work.

Does it tell you it's unavailable during trial, or simply do nothing?  Either way, I'd try again later after a restart just to see.  It's quite nice (when it works, of course).

9 minutes ago, Jud said:

Does it tell you it's unavailable during trial, or simply do nothing?  Either way, I'd try again later after a restart just to see.  It's quite nice (when it works, of course).

OK. I got it to work with PCM:

image.thumb.png.ed8e9f1576b0e75d7e828f3c7df04eeb.png

I'll try with DSD and see what happens.

mQa is dead!

Well, umm, I think you may quite like it when it works.  

1 minute ago, lucretius said:

Yes, I love it -- see above.  But it only works for PCM, not DSD. (I should have expected this.)

Ahh!  (Clarifying, that's with DSD *input*.  Upsampling to DSD, it will still work.)