IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

52 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Using an ASIO driver, I can upsample PCM to DSD256. However, DSD64 stays at DSD64 ????

Yes, Audirvana has never upsampled DSD to DSD.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, lucretius said:

Looking at local tracks, sorting by multiple criteria is rather cumbersome to set up.

I like all the available criteria a lot. A list that stayed open and you could drag and drop from that eliminated criteria you'd already chosen would be nice, but I don't know what's involved in coding that.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

17 minutes ago, lucretius said:

It plays fine -- what stn is it?

One problem I see is that you can only add it temporarily. You cannot save it for easy recall later -- that is problematic.

I haven't found a way - yet. But it may already be included. I'm not at the computer right now, but this could show up as WCRB or one of several WGBH stations in a search.

15 minutes ago, Jud said:

I like all the available criteria a lot. A list that stayed open and you could drag and drop from that eliminated criteria you'd already chosen would be nice, but I don't know what's involved in coding that.

Unfortunately, track# is not one of the criteria in the drop down list.  I like my tracks in track# (within the album)!

In JRiver Media Center, to sort, one just clicks on the column header. If you want a four-criteria sort, you click on the 4th, 3rd, 2nd, then 1st criteria,  Voila!

mQa is dead!

8 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Unfortunately, track# is not one of the criteria in the drop down list.  I like my tracks in track# (within the album)!

In JRiver Media Center, to sort, one just clicks on the column header. If you want a four-criteria sort, you click on the 4th, 3rd, 2nd, then 1st criteria,  Voila!

Audirvana does sort by column headers, but I haven't used multiple ones so I don't know if that works.

I was fairly sure I had track number (with disc number one higher - essential) as sort criteria.

30 minutes ago, Jud said:

Audirvana does sort by column headers, but I haven't used multiple ones so I don't know if that works.

I was fairly sure I had track number (with disc number one higher - essential) as sort criteria.

To sort by column header, I can only get it correct for one column.

mQa is dead!

8 minutes ago, lucretius said:

To sort by column header, I can only get it correct for one column.

No drop down Track# criteria in the Windows version.  Of course, you can click on the column header -- but what good is that?

It's in the sort criteria for tracks. As I thought, it's one of the criteria I'm using.

12 minutes ago, lucretius said:

I just found it.  Apparently, I had been using the filter button, not the sort columns button. Live and learn.

Yes, I understand the distinction, but especially when reduced to icons and tooltips, it can be confusing.

4 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Pause button is greyed out when playing radio stations.  ???

Yeah, they don't pause, they're on or off.

16 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It’s one thing I hate about software lately. The push to remove all words and tool tips, forcing people to “f” around to find out. 

Though to be fair, these icons do have tooltips.

1 hour ago, lucretius said:

No sort settings available for radio stations.

The categories are essentially the sort function (alphanumeric within categories), and stations are searchable.

34 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Any way to get rid of the initial splash screen upon starting up Audirvana Studio?  It's annoying.

There's a checkbox not to show again at the lower left.