IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

@Musicophile Audirvana has always written ReplayGain data to files: should still be all it does 😬

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Here's what somebody else found (from the Audirvana community forum):

"I ran a diff on the backup of my library against the copy Audirvana Studio was running against. This found it had, so far, updated just over 5,000 files (in about 20 hours). And on inspecting and of those changed files directly, and with a non-Audirvana metadata editors, clearly shows the addition of the MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID tag."

2 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

clearly shows the addition of the MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID tag

the "Do Not Dare Touching My Files" is among the longest standing, and never listened to, requests for Audirvana 🙄

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

The result of the analysis is to append a MusicBrainz ID to the file so additional metadata MusicBrainz has can be shown when you look at the album - *without* overwriting any of your own metadata or other file information.

I can easily understand @Musicophile's reluctance to have additional information cluttering the carefully curated metadata for his 100k+ tracks, a good chunk of them classical.

For my own part, I would like to see whether this would be recognized as a difference by my backup program and result in new uploads of those files. I haven't tested yet. (If so, I wonder if there's a way to tell various backup apps to ignore these changes?)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

16 minutes ago, Jud said:

For my own part, I would like to see whether this would be recognized as a difference by my backup program and result in new uploads of those files. I haven't tested yet. (If so, I wonder if there's a way to tell various backup apps to ignore these changes?)

It will.

If you're lucky, and your backup solution is smart enough, it may only backup the changed blocks rather than the entire file, but it'll be backing up something for every touched file.  File backup systems generally aren't built to be conditional on what has changed, beyond block-level change-detection and deduplication.

2 minutes ago, Torq said:

It will.

If you're lucky, and your backup solution is smart enough, it may only backup the changed blocks rather than the entire file, but it'll be backing up something for every touched file.  File backup systems generally aren't built to be conditional on what has changed, beyond block-level change-detection and deduplication.

Would you happen to know if there are ways to ignore this particular change in rclone and Chronosync, the two backup apps I use most often? Otherwise I can ask on forums or customer support.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

8 minutes ago, Jud said:

Would you happen to know if there are ways to ignore this particular change in rclone and Chronosync, the two backup apps I use most often?

Not "out of the box".

It might be possible to use the "External Script" rule-type in Chronosync's inclusion/exclusion rules (Rules | Advanced) to do it, but there would be limitations.  Mostly because your custom script can't see the existing backed-up file to do a comparison against.  Which means all you could do is, for example, say "exclude if this tag is present", rather than "exclude if this tag was newly added", and even then it's fiddly and involved to do.

29 minutes ago, Jud said:

Would you happen to know if there are ways to ignore this particular change in rclone and Chronosync, the two backup apps I use most often? Otherwise I can ask on forums or customer support.

I'm just running my regular backup with CCC. And every single file that Studio modified is being backed up.

Just now, Musicophile said:

I'm just running my regular backup with CCC. And every single file that Studio modified is being backed up.

Because I don't have the number of files you do, I'm not concerned about local backup. If a TB of my files are backed up to the cloud, that means an extra charge from my ISP, unless I hold off to the end of a month so about half goes in one month and about half in the next.