IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

Has anyone got this working on W10 on a headless machine?

I have the app installed and it'll open but does not find my dac nor allow me to open "Settings". I don't want to pull the pc from my rack and connect up a screen and mouse.

A3.5 has not given me any issues over a remote connection.

5 minutes ago, LowOrbit said:

Has anyone got this working on W10 on a headless machine?

I have the app installed and it'll open but does not find my dac nor allow me to open "Settings". I don't want to pull the pc from my rack and connect up a screen and mouse.

A3.5 has not given me any issues over a remote connection.

Studio doesnt work with remote, there is still no any published app for the studio remote you mean that ?

On 5/14/2021 at 12:34 AM, bbosler said:

I'm sorry if this offends anybody, but an 11 year computer is like driving a 1955 Chevy and complaining it doesn't handle very well.. you need to move on

Thanks for your advice,

there are some people who prefer even much older horn speakers to modern speakers😀

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

45 minutes ago, ilkeresmer said:

Studio doesnt work with remote, there is still no any published app for the studio remote you mean that ?

Thanks, I appreciate the reply, but you misunderstood the query. I am refering to remote desktop connection (RDP) between windows machines, not the Audirvana app.

Anyone tried this?

I can’t seem to be able to create smart playlists in Audirvana Studio. When I click on the funnel icon, the icon with the plus sign to “Add rule” is grayed out. The Add Filter function works, but not smart playlists. I am using an M1 Mac mini.

Does anyone know how to "ungray" the Add Rule icon?

4 hours ago, ilkeresmer said:

What will this give us ? 

Tells you if your "hi res" is probably real or was probably upsampled from CD at some point.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, Musicophile said:

Agree, I'd love to have a bit more transparency on what it actually does, and have an opt-out possibility. 

Since so far as I can tell everything plays just fine without analysis completing, I'm not certain an opt-out is needed.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.