IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

35 minutes ago, bbosler said:

I don't know if both have to be on (unlike Roon where you can de-authorize a core from any other core ), but if they do you can easily control one computer from another with screen sharing on a Mac or a  VNC program like TeamViewer on any computer. I know not the seamless solution you are looking for, but you can do it from one machine. 

Heya bbosler, thanks for your suggestions. I hope there’s a change to this as I would like to just be able to open the app and start listening without having to do anything like going through an authorisation process and keying in usernames and passwords.  Surely it’s not to much to expect to be able to have the software on 2 computers whilst only using 1 at a time. Anyway sorry for griping and I’ll stop right here. 

So, when it is "analyzing" and updating data, does it return data to an albums official data? The way I sort my music is by genre, the by Artist (Last Name/First Name) and then by Release Year, not by reissue year. With classical it is by Composer and Title, year had to be deleted. So, if Studio is going to revert to First Name/Last name and change date info, then I won't be adopting Studio.

Server: Mac Mini 3.2GHz-i7, 512Gb - 16Gb macOS 13.x & Audirvana Origin  DAC: Benchmark DAC3B  Linestage: Benchmark LA4  Amp: Benchmark AHB2 x2  Speakers: Revel F328Be

When you're racing... it's Life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting.
- Steve McQueen, Le Mans

16 minutes ago, Martini said:

So, when it is "analyzing" and updating data, does it return data to an albums official data? The way I sort my music is by genre, the by Artist (Last Name/First Name) and then by Release Year, not by reissue year. With classical it is by Composer and Title, year had to be deleted. So, if Studio is going to revert to First Name/Last name and change date info, then I won't be adopting Studio.

It doesn't overwrite user metadata. It adds a MusicBrainz ID to the metadata, which allows MusicBrainz to display additional information to the user when the album is played.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

11 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Unfortunately yes. And there's currently no way to stop it. 

I stopped use JRiver a few years ago because it changed my files and destroyed a lot of them!

BTW, while you installed Studio, did it ask permission for change, update or save your files?

I will never try this version, 3.5 is enough for what I need since I listen to only HQPlayer!

15 minutes ago, Saffuria said:

Confirmed HD recording.

is that right?

AAC is lossy

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

The new MusicBrainz functionality is also very glitchy. Suddenly AS shows metadata on my tracks that I have not asked for. See artist here, this is not how I have tagged them:

877301685_ScreenShot2021-05-18at12_37_53.thumb.png.3650c9d424e642761fda7d360aeeb5b1.png

But then with some reloading of the view and opening the folder in Finder, all tracks are suddenly displayed again how I tagged them:

1705011637_ScreenShot2021-05-18at12_38_44.thumb.png.785889cb80386d3ca805097b9a57d5e7.png

I don't want AS to override my own tagging. But maybe that's just a bug.

34 minutes ago, fourstrings1891 said:

The new MusicBrainz functionality is also very glitchy. Suddenly AS shows metadata on my tracks that I have not asked for. See artist here, this is not how I have tagged them:

877301685_ScreenShot2021-05-18at12_37_53.thumb.png.3650c9d424e642761fda7d360aeeb5b1.png

But then with some reloading of the view and opening the folder in Finder, all tracks are suddenly displayed again how I tagged them:

1705011637_ScreenShot2021-05-18at12_38_44.thumb.png.785889cb80386d3ca805097b9a57d5e7.png

To be precise about what's happening: It isn't overriding or overwriting your information in the file. It's adding a tag, a MusicBrainz ID, that causes additional information about that track to be displayed to you. All of your own data is still there, and the only thing added is the MusicBrainz ID. But it's correct this isn't something people have asked for in advance.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

14 minutes ago, Jud said:

To be precise about what's happening: It isn't overriding or overwriting your information in the file. It's adding a tag, a MusicBrainz ID, that causes additional information about that track to be displayed to you. All of your own data is still there, and the only thing added is the MusicBrainz ID. But it's correct this isn't something people have asked for in advance.

Yes, I know that. I just don't like that AS displays metadata that I have not asked for. But as the tagging seem to correct itself after reloading of the view, I tend to think it's a bug. 

2 hours ago, Musicophile said:

I’m totally happy with Audirvana changing tags when I change or edit information, and adding the soloists etc to artist makes sense to me. 

What I’m not happy with when Audirvana accesses all of my files en masse without asking me first.

Though iTunes does far more/worse (writes metadata into files, overwrites user metadata, uses non-standard tags, even changes user directory structure to match its own tagging - when I was still using iTunes, for example, a couple of my early Beatles albums were "disappeared" until I found them in a "Compilations" sub-directory iTunes had made).  It's just that you are accustomed to using iTunes and whatever it did was Incorporated as part of your 'baseline' tagging long ago. (It's also quite possible iTunes doesn't muck around with classical and jazz like it does with popular music.)

1 hour ago, fourstrings1891 said:

I’ve also found AS displaying musicbrainz album title (instead of my metadata title) to be inconsistent. 

This new “feature” of AS    displaying musicbrainz info instead of my embedded metadata is a concern for me. One week ago, I spoke in support of the AS subscription model. After 1 day of use, I think that any advantage of AS is completely overshadowed by its weird UI design decisions (and the dumb need to update track with a musicbrainz  tag). 

I intended to sign up for the $50 first-year subscription on June 15, but now I’m sure I’ll just stay with 3.5 for the time being. The odd design on AS, coupled with poor communication of technical changes prior to roll-out, means that I’m won’t be an AS customer at the subscription start.

Overriding user entered display info from another source is one of my biggest problems with Roon.  However, Roon allows this to be somewhat mitigated (but not completely) by allowing a user to override the data that Roon displays with the user's own data.  If AS is going to go tho Roon route with displaying Musicbrainz info, they should at least have the same option that Roon has.  

I don't really know what they are trying to accomplish with using Musicbrainz data.  I believe most people that have music files learned long ago how to edit and maintain their own metadata.

5 minutes ago, aaron8489 said:

Overriding user entered display info from another source is one of my biggest problems with Roon.  However, Roon allows this to be somewhat mitigated (but not completely) by allowing a user to override the data that Roon displays with the user's own data.  If AS is going to go tho Roon route with displaying Musicbrainz info, they should at least have the same option that Roon has.  

I don't really know what they are trying to accomplish with using Musicbrainz data.  I believe most people that have music files learned long ago how to edit and maintain their own metadata.

To the contrary, I think adding and editing metadata for dozens of tracks at a time is something most audio and music lovers would rather be listening to music instead of. 🙂 It's really one of the primary reasons for the existence of Roon, isn't it?

The intent here, to provide additional information without user effort, I think is quite laudable. It's the particular implementation that has obviously bothered many users, to an extent I'm quite certain was unanticipated.

This is interesting and I'm not totally sure how it's supposed to look. 

The Bruno Mars track Locked Out of Heaven in MQA has issues, as reported by @Archimago. I looked at it using the new Audirvana Studio analyzer and I thought I would see the extra content seen in Archi's image. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

I do appreciate the label of "Dubious HD Recording" given my Audirvana Studio. 

Form Archi's article:

Bruno-Mars-Imaging.png

From Audirvana Studio

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 8.34.14 AM.png

Here's the Qobuz version

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 8.35.35 AM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png