IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

14 hours ago, lucretius said:

Anyone notice that in Artists view (for local files), Composers are also there -- quite a mess.

This can be partially fixed by setting up a filter (button on top) for "Album Artists".  Unfortunately, there is no drop down item for "Artists", so this is still problematic for artists that only appear on albums with "Various Artists".

mQa is dead!

1 minute ago, wolft said:

Hello, again, is it possible to use a DAC witch is connected via USB to a Signalist NAA (Windows)? If yes, how?

Wolft

Audirvana uses UPnP/DLNA, which is a standard way to remotely connect audio, while NAA is Miska's own creation, not the same thing.  So on whatever component is running NAA, you would have to install or activate UPnP/DLNA. What are you running as your NAA?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I can't get studio to run stably on my mac mini m1, 8GB ram.  It is constantly crashing.  I get the error that the application has overused the memory and the application crashes.  I have a large library, but never had this problem with audirvana 3.5 on the same machine.  I decided to try it on my Windows PC with 16 GB RAM and so far so good.  Still, I would like to be able to use it on my mac Mini.  Hopefully there will be a fix.

12 minutes ago, steveoat said:

I can't get studio to run stably on my mac mini m1, 8GB ram.  It is constantly crashing.  I get the error that the application has overused the memory and the application crashes.  I have a large library, but never had this problem with audirvana 3.5 on the same machine.  I decided to try it on my Windows PC with 16 GB RAM and so far so good.  Still, I would like to be able to use it on my mac Mini.  Hopefully there will be a fix.

I'd like to know too as I just ordered the same mac mini...

16 minutes ago, steveoat said:

Damien is aware of this issue. Happens to me on my Mac too. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Anyone else being forced to do a dnsflush before entry to My Account? Once I do the dnsflush the entry is allowed. But I get so many disturbing splash screens in the process it's, well, disturbing. It has happened on my Mac and Win10 machines. 

My hat is off to all you blazing the trail. Your q&a has made my attempt to use Studio MUCH easier! Thanks to all.

Synology 918+ -> Mac Mini (2013) Roon Core - Roon Clients

Local MacWin JRiver/Audirvana Studio

Jud said: What are you running as your NAA?

My Setup:

Mac Mini M1 (HQPlayer) --> LAN --> NAA Windows with DAC Device Driver  --> USB --> Singxer SDA-6 --> Lavardin ISX Reference

In Roon I see the HQPlayer, but I use the HQPlayer only with HQControl on my iPhone.

Wolft

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Yes. I conjectured it either says Analyzing all the time because it is on standby for any changes, or it is a UI bug.

My supposition is that the analysis is for the purposes of providing additional information about local files and for music suggestions based on what is being played. But an explanation of what is happening would be nice.

You're probably right. I notice that when it's actually analyzing, there's a purple progress bar. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 11.17.50 AM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

6 minutes ago, wolft said:

Jud said: What are you running as your NAA?

My Setup:

Mac Mini M1 (HQPlayer) --> LAN --> NAA Windows with DAC Device Driver  --> USB --> Singxer SDA-6 --> Lavardin ISX Reference

In Roon I see the HQPlayer, but I use the HQPlayer only with HQControl on my iPhone.

Wolft

you need a program on your Windows machine that will act as a DLNA receiver instead of the NAA. I think Windows Media Player will do that. I'm sure there are others

Mac Mini M1 (Audirvana) --> LAN --> DLNA Windows with DAC Device Driver  --> USB --> Singxer SDA-6 --> Lavardin ISX Reference

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

I love ❤️ the way Audirvana Studio sounds!! It’s so good, my compliments, Damien!! I did had some problems to get all of my playlists working again and I needed some ‘working time’ to fix things, but it is working pretty 😍 good now! A lot better than when AUdirvana 3.5 came out. That version needed a lot of updates to work properly. This is surely a different piece of cake! I’m using ‘rbrain’ with ‘device maximum frequency’. Which is 192khz for my Yamaha device connected to my Chord Qutest DAC. To conclude: I will easily pony up the yearly fee to enyoy this Audirvana version every day! So I want to thank 🙏 Damien for all the good work he has done to make this work and for the foreseeable upgrades in the (near) future! At least, I hope he will enjoy 😉 us on this site too, because, let’s not forget, it’s our joint audiophile community we all enjoy 😊.

Mac STOP playback =CMD "." without quote mark period. Saved radio stations show under MY Music . Ok Damian now can you figure out why KQOC fm will not play? I listen to this station om a Marantz 8012 AVR just fine. Will not play (breaksup) through AS.

Using AS on a 2015 Macbook Pro running Big Sur ver. 11.3.1 .

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

I just noticed that Studio, without any notification, has been systematically been modifying my audio files, presumably updating them with the result of the "analysis" process that's going on in the background. This is a total no-go for me. It's fine for me to capture information in the A+ library, but actively modifying audio files is an absolute no go. 

I won't be using Studio any more until there's a clear opt out possibility for this. I recommend everybody to do the same.

Just now, Musicophile said:

I just noticed that Studio, without any notification, has been modifying my audio files, presumably updating them with the result of the "analysis" process that's going on in the background. This is a total no-go for me. It's fine for me to capture information in the A+ library, but actively modifying audio files is an absolute no go. 

I won't be using Studio any more until there's a clear opt out possibility for this. I recommend everybody to do the same.

Can you give us an example of what it does?