IGNORED

Article: Three Blind Mice Supreme Collection 1500 | A Treasure Trove Of Music

Just now, Danny Kaey said:

I think its so awesome that this site discusses music in earnest as much as it does... so many people I know in high-end have their 15 greatest hits albums on permanent repeat, yet there is SO much positively incredible music out there that it’s literally mind altering. 

So awesome - I bet every one of these is a phenomenal release!!!

Picking favorites is like picking your favorite children. Every time I hear a new track my mind is blown. It's so cool.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Thank you, Chris.  Listening to Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio's Speak Low via Qobuz.  Very dynamic and swinging.  Never heard their music before!  Great find.  Much appreciated.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

Masaru Imada Trio +2, Green Caterpillar (TBM-39)

The first two tracks on this album are a bit off the wall, but in a really cool way. The opening track has an unmistakable psychedelic electric piano opening that may turn some traditionalist listeners off, but it's right up my alley.

Welcome to "Jazz Funk"!

Great stuff Chris!   I have to say that I am jealous as well. 

This is such a treasure - a lifetime of great listening!

Thanks for the Terumasa Hino recommendation - his work on Youtube sounds fantastic.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

If anyone 

7 hours ago, PYP said:

Thank you, Chris.  Listening to Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio's Speak Low via Qobuz.  Very dynamic and swinging.  Never heard their music before!  Great find.  Much appreciated.  

If anyone else finds some of the albums on a Qobuz or Spotify, let us know.

So far, I've looked for about 5 of them and haven't found any.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

The sound quality is also fantastic, with a dynamic range score of DR 12. 

I realize that some music doesn't have a lot of dynamic variation and the DR scores aren't high simply because the music itself doesn't have the dynamics. But just think, in our lifetimes that would have been considered only average dynamics, with many rock and jazz albums surpassing it. Now it is considered outstanding.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Update... I now had a chance to sample a few of these and have to say I am dumbfounded how great they are. Musically impeccable, the best of Japanese Jazz there is really. Sonically, there isn't one single dud here, they are all A+++++ titles with resolution and dynamic range that you won't believe comes from CD.

My next mission is to source all of these on vinyl, a few of which I already have... #stunning

Thanks for posting about these Chris!!!

🤩

1 minute ago, bluesman said:

No worries, mate!  The older they get, the smarter you become.  Ours are now 38 and 41, and (if we interpret them correctly) it seems that my wife and I may not be quite as dumb as we used to be. 

smiley_hysterical_4.gif.1cbd3ffc25b6ad23aa372a5accf87568.gif

I can't wait to get smarter. At 7 years old, my daughter has pretty much concluded I'm a dunce. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png