IGNORED

usb cables?

14 minutes ago, musicguy said:

Have any  of you ever?  Ever just found a cable that made your say WOW?

No, but I have heard plenty of music that made me say wow.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Its not about science.  

its about what something that connects  to your soul your heart.   Maybe i should re-post?

cables that made your heart say go wow??

Im not in this for the science,   Im in this for my heart and the Wow factor.  I dont care if its unicorn dust!!

I just want hear "WOW"

musicguy

2 minutes ago, musicguy said:

@kumakuma

so you have no cables?

nothing you thought sounded better or worst.   

trust me.   Im not after cables.  im after music.   I want to hear harmonics,  air ,  space.  

Thats what  im after at!

musicguy

I have a cable. I have no idea what it is and no recollection of where it came from.

It works fine and my music sounds great so no need to change.

11 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I have a cable. I have no idea what it is and no recollection of where it came from.

It works fine and my music sounds great so no need to change.

Of course they all work fine but wait until you put a good one in then you’ll understand. 

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

1 hour ago, kumakuma said:

Thats an easy fix, order a lush^2 on line. Have nice evening with a bottle of whiskey but make sure empty it. And a week later ta-da a cable.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

1 hour ago, RickyV said:

Of course they all work fine but wait until you put a good one in then you’ll understand. 

If I believed that changing a USB cable had the ability to provide more than a marginal change in sound quality, I would have tried already.

3 hours ago, musicguy said:

So   I have a question,  to all who thinks it just science??

Have any  of you ever?  Ever just found a cable that made your say WOW?

That's  What im getting here!!

musicguy.     

Note the people posting here who still can't understand the extremely simple principle in operation - when something is not working correctly, then it fails to satisfy in providing "good service" - a high performance vehicle with a 'bug' buried in the complexities of the engine will end up making you hate the thing - just because it's not working properly.

Using the 'right' cable is merely adjusting the overall integrity of the playback system by a relatively small amount - just enough to give the ear/brain enough of the good stuff from the recording without it being contaminated too much by setup weaknesses. A switch flicks over in your mind, and you suddenly can connect fully with what's on the recording - this is not a tiny variation in the subjective takeaway, it's a major step change in the enjoyment factor ... the supercar engine goes from being a nightmare, to a provider of great pleasure, :).

3 hours ago, musicguy said:

@kumakuma

so you have no cables?

nothing you thought sounded better or worst.   

trust me.   Im not after cables.  im after music.   I want to hear harmonics,  air ,  space.  

Thats what  im after at!

musicguy

The human mind is a remarkable 'instrument' - provide it with the right clues, and it 'gets' what a reproduction system is trying to convey; but disappoint the ear/brain with too much low level muck, then the sound you hear remains always at a relatively pedestrian quality level ... if the latter is always "as good as it gets", then you will believe that such is how the universe works ... ^_^.

I first had your experience 35 years ago ... unfortunately, it is far harder to guarantee that any playback rig is in the right shape to deliver competency; this is a knowledge and experience thing.

5 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS!!!

No, you are all caught up in a group think about what's important - yes, it's mighty hard to counter a way of the doing of something when almost everybody else echos your own attitudes. As someone who sees things from another perspective, I can point to where people are coming across solutions, usually by accident, which overlap with a far more effective approach, IME.

6 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

You really haven't read this thread, have you?

You see, from my perspective the original question, "top performing usb cables?" is like asking a mechanic which auto accessory shop gizmo is best for attaching to my engine, to stop it running erratically; and he stares at me with a glazed look ... :P.

10 minutes ago, fas42 said:

You see, from my perspective the original question, "top performing usb cables?" is like asking a mechanic which auto accessory shop gizmo is best for attaching to my engine, to stop it running erratically; and he stares at me with a glazed look ... :P.

How do the folks saying that USB cables don't really matter much fit into your analogy and your accusations of "group think"? 

6 minutes ago, mansr said:

And I provided mine. What's your problem with that?

Twist your words around all that you like, but you are well aware that the OP was not interested in seeing dismissive replies like yours.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

11 minutes ago, sandyk said:

READ THE INITIAL POST IN THIS THREAD BY THE OP.

Your opinions in this area were not requested, and most certainly NOT wanted.

The OP was asking other members for their evaluations of various types of USB cables.

Thank you for proving the point that I was making to Frank.

2 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Twist your words around all that you like, but you are well aware that the OP was not interested in seeing replies like yours.

Remind me again why this is any of your concern.