IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

27 minutes ago, paulhynes said:

Unfortunately PHD Ltd is indeed now closed because of insolvency due to recent adverse trading conditions, leaving the company unable to cover this month’s operating costs.

Because this is a limited company and it is a separate legal entity, I have to follow strict legal guidelines defined by Companies House and I am currently responsible for liaising with the insolvency practitioner appointed to close the company down and to provide all the information they require to complete their task. The Insolvency practitioner will, in due course, contact anyone with a creditor interest in the company.

My custom build outstanding order schedule is not part of the insolvency proceedings as it was never incorporated into the PHD Ltd company. The only effect the PHD Ltd closure will have on the custom build schedule is absorbing my time over the next few weeks while I comply withy the statutory closure data provision requirements. Once clear of my legal obligations with the Insolvency Practitioner I will continue with the custom build schedule as soon as possible.

My e-mail in box is rather overloaded at present so please do not expect an instant reply. I will answer the e-mail as soon as I can.

I am sorry to be the bearer of such sad tidings.

Regards

Paul

I for one am very, very sorry to hear this. I have the first production SR7T (ser. # 1) and it is a marvellous piece of kit. Dealing with PHD Ltd. was more than satisfactory. In so far as this has had much to do with temporary conditions, do you suppose there will be any kind of re-incarnation. Too early to say no doubt. What a deep, deep shame.

Just a polite fyi ... As of right now, the web site looks live with Order Forms, payment links etc.

I have an SR4t on the way that the shipping company for some reason have problems delivering. The first try a few weeks ago ended in them sending it back and it was shipped again on the 5th. Unfortunately now I get this in the tracking:

11/5/20219:47Delivery Agent - SWEDEN Address problem - sender contacted

Let's hope there are someone to answer whatever problem there may be...

14 hours ago, paulhynes said:

Unfortunately PHD Ltd is indeed now closed because of insolvency due to recent adverse trading conditions, leaving the company unable to cover this month’s operating costs.

Because this is a limited company and it is a separate legal entity, I have to follow strict legal guidelines defined by Companies House and I am currently responsible for liaising with the insolvency practitioner appointed to close the company down and to provide all the information they require to complete their task. The Insolvency practitioner will, in due course, contact anyone with a creditor interest in the company.

My custom build outstanding order schedule is not part of the insolvency proceedings as it was never incorporated into the PHD Ltd company. The only effect the PHD Ltd closure will have on the custom build schedule is absorbing my time over the next few weeks while I comply withy the statutory closure data provision requirements. Once clear of my legal obligations with the Insolvency Practitioner I will continue with the custom build schedule as soon as possible.

My e-mail in box is rather overloaded at present so please do not expect an instant reply. I will answer the e-mail as soon as I can.

I am sorry to be the bearer of such sad tidings.

Regards

Paul

There is of course the issue of those whose money you have taken even very recently whilst knowing the state of affairs of your company.  I'm anticipating you'll be honorable, step out from behind the legal facade, and refund those good-faith payments.

2 minutes ago, Darryl R said:

A very smug, obnoxious statement from the peanut gallery.

I suppose I'm relatively fortunate in that I only stand to lose $1500 for a single-rail SR7T, having opted against a 2-rail model at just the right time (a week before the invsolvency "suddently became apparent").  But others no doubt stand to lose substantially more.

I'm slightly amazed anyone wants to thank Paul for that last post, as if he were not in any way responsible for the mismanagement here (gimme a break).  I guess those with substantially investment want to tiptoe around him.

The "thanks" for the post in question was for answering everyone's questions and keeping interested parties informed.

Please stop making uninformed accusations toward me and others and maintain a civil tone.  Or, take your posts to another thread. 

@The Computer Audiophile

30 minutes ago, auricgoldfinger said:

The "thanks" for the post in question was for answering everyone's questions and keeping interested parties informed.

Please stop making uninformed accusations toward me and others and maintain a civil tone.  Or, take your posts to another thread. 

@The Computer Audiophile

Brian, LTG2010 is right (though a tad uncivil, wouldn't you say?).  Hynes does have a history of mismanagement.  I hope you get your unit.

I understand the different viewpoints here but at the end of the day we are talking about a startup business, in a remote part of the Scottish islands, going under after two lengthy lockdowns.

I don't know the details but the very best business plans could have been kiboshed in these circumstances.

It's tough out there. 

I reiterate that this is a sad event. PHD were providing high quality products on a reliable basis. The audiophile community are poorer for the lack of this option.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

18 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

I understand the different viewpoints here but at the end of the day we are talking about a startup business, in a remote part of the Scottish islands, going under after two lengthy lockdowns.

I don't know the details but the very best business plans could have been kiboshed in these circumstances.

It's tough out there. 

I reiterate that this is a sad event. PHD were providing high quality products on a reliable basis. The audiophile community are poorer for the lack of this option.

Cheers,

Alan

Hey Alan.  Sure, already time to move on.  I suppose many of us would like to find a responsible maker of quality power supplies for audio applications even under normal economic conditions.  The search continues ...

1 hour ago, Darryl R said:

I suppose I'm relatively fortunate in that I only stand to lose $1500 for a single-rail SR7T, having opted against a 2-rail model at just the right time (a week before the insolvency "suddently became apparent").  But others no doubt stand to lose substantially more.

I'm slightly amazed anyone wants to thank Paul for that last post, as if he were not in any way responsible for the mismanagement here (gimme a break).  I guess those with substantially more invested want to tiptoe around him.

If paid by credit card contact your credit card company. You should get your money back. 

I suppose I'm relatively fortunate in that I only stand to lose $1500 for a single-rail SR7T, having opted against a 2-rail model at just the right time (a week before the insolvency "suddently became apparent").  But others no doubt stand to lose substantially more.

I'm slightly amazed anyone wants to thank Paul for that last post, as if he were not in any way responsible for the mismanagement here (gimme a break).  I guess those with substantially more invested want to tiptoe around him.

I also find it insulting in one vein to talk about business been bankrupt and then be talking about custom builds & SRT. Sounds like Paul will just start again under different name & continue with business as normal. Whilst I people who have lost money sit scratching their heads thinking WTF!! Not good practice at all. 

I lost money to the crook Adrian from TLS, so you have my sympathies 

29 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

If paid by credit card contact your credit card company. You should get your money back. 

No such luck with the bank transfer -- probably the only time I wish I'd paid the extra fees and accepted the lousy exchange rate with PayPal.

7 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

I also find it insulting in one vein to talk about business been bankrupt and then be talking about custom builds & SRT. Sounds like Paul will just start again under different name & continue with business as normal. Whilst I people who have lost money sit scratching their heads thinking WTF!! Not good practice at all. 

Be careful, the creator of this thread might call you uncivil and tag the site owner.

10 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

I'm not gonna be an apologist for anyone but my understanding is that Paul as he approached retirement age (and admittedly dealt with issues regarding delays on his custom builds) licensed his designs to a workers cooperative on the remote Scottish island where he lives. (ie PHD)

Now I have no idea what Paul's stake/liability is and that's a valid topic on its own.

But unless I've missed anything PHD was producing great products at an acceptable rate and customers were happy. I certainly was with mine.

So as far as I'm concerned, PHDs demise is a bad thing for the audiophile community.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

24 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

I'm not gonna be an apologist for anyone but my understanding is that Paul as he approached retirement age (and admittedly dealt with issues regarding delays on his custom builds) licensed his designs to a workers cooperative on the remote Scottish island where he lives. (ie PHD)

Now I have no idea what Paul's stake/liability is and that's a valid topic on its own.

But unless I've missed anything PHD was producing great products at an acceptable rate and customers were happy. I certainly was with mine.

So as far as I'm concerned, PHDs demise is a bad thing for the audiophile community.

Cheers,

Alan

Paul is the sole Director of PHD ltd. I checked his accounts & history yesterday. He is fully responsible for the company. Operational & financial. No one else. 

Brian, LTG2010 is right (though a tad uncivil, wouldn't you say?). 

Yes I'm right and the only person here being uncivil is you, as well as a the other terms you used.

A person sets up a business selling a product, takes a large amount of deposits and fails to provide the product to his customers.

He then sets up a Ltd company where he is the sole director providing a similar product, takes more deposits and has to close down. Being a Ltd company he is not personally liable to his customers or suppliers. As others have stated the website is still active and taking orders. Until a liquidator is appointed  the director has access to all funds, should he whish to return the deposits.

15 hours ago, paulhynes said:

I currently have no plans to make the standard SR4, SR5 and SR7 product range I licensed to PHD Ltd available again but may reconsider this once I have completed the custom builds.

I guess you can, if reasonable enough, purchase everything back from the Insolvency Practitioner. 

Also I assume, you could still license the product range out to someone willing to produce them ?

Is that an option you would consider?

Did a little online research of the UK Insolvency sites. [EDIT: MY INFO BELOW IS ON PHD LTD.]

Here's what I turned up. Please keep in mind that obviously there's a lag between info that's posted and what the actual current status is. Note that these are PUBLIC records. I didn't have to pay for them and I'm not breaking any laws. (I'm not posting links but I can if it's allowed and people want them.)

Here's the summary. Source info at bottom:

• PHD LTD, full name Paul Hynes Design Ltd. is an active company with no recorded insolvency filing (i.e., no current filing as of today that I could find. doesn't mean there is or isn't one. this is just current public recorded status by UK Companies House, a govt agency).
  • The most interesting info found was that the company filed a balance sheet on 29 February 2020, which showed current assets of £13,421 and liabilities of £31,111. So this is possible indication that things have not been rosy for a while. 
  • Interestingly, that filing also has a line marked "Prepayments and accrued income," which is listed as £995. ($1,400 American) 
  • The only shareholders in the company are (were?) Paul Hynes and Jasmine Rose Hynes. The most current filing says Paul has 100 ordinary shares and that Jasmine has 50 shares prior to 1 March 2019 but after that date had 0 shares.

HERE's a bit of the TL;DR info:

The full and correct registered name of PHD Ltd is:

Name & Registered Office:
PAUL HYNES DESIGN LTD
TIGH GEAL
DALIBURGH
ISLE OF SOUTH UIST
UNITED KINGDOM
HS8 5SS
Company No. SC622187

The company's filings to date are as follows:

23 March 2021 Confirmation statement made on 15 March 2021 with no updates
 [Me: This is a pro forma doc, which is just "We confirm that we're up to date on all required filings. No financial info here
22 Feb 2021 Micro company accounts made up to 29 February 2020
This filing contains a balance sheet and is where I got the figures noted in the summary above 
18 Mar 2020 Confirmation statement made on 15 March 2020 with no updates
Another pro forma "our filings are up to date"
15 Mar 2019 Confirmation statement made on 15 March 2019 with updates
  This is where the two shareholders info comes from 
15 Mar 2019 Change of details for Mr Paul Hynes as a person with significant control on 1 March 2019
 Filing states that Paul controls, directly or indirectly, 75% of shares and can appoint or remove directors
01 Mar 2019 Cessation of Jasmine Rose Hynes as a person with significant control on 1 March 2019
 Filing that states that Jasmine Rose is no longer a person with significant control
22 Feb 2019

Incorporation

(I lost the 2nd column here,but this is self explanatory. These are the Paul Hynes Design Ltd incorporation papers, filed 22 Feb 2019

END