IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

Actually the custom queue is not yet moving as build 18 was placed on hold while I upgraded the 3A modules to 6A modules. By the time I had finished building 18 I had the double health issues at the beginning of the year and just as I was returning to the workshop the covid lockdown was instigated. I still had to put 18 through the soak test and make the DC leads. Fortunately Stephen at PHD Ltd recently volunteered to make the DC leads as soon as he could make a time slot for me and I was then able to complete the soak test at home. I shipped 18 out as soon as I could.

The build schedule is still in hibernation at present, but I will be back in the driving seat as soon as it is safe for me to attend the workshop. The Vaccine is the game changer that will help me get there.

Unfortunately I have not had the covid vaccine yet, however, on Wednesday I had a flu vaccination which will hopefully help avoid complications, should covid find me this winter. I did ask the nurse about when the covid vaccine will be available here and she was unable to say but she did say that I would be contacted as soon as my time for vaccination arrived. I guess we (including me) will all have to be patient a little longer.

So far we are OK, although there have been cases locally, and one person living in Lochboisdale was infected very recently by covid and failed to survive. This has caused considerable shock locally as we have a tight knit community on the island. I am very concerned that the distancing rules are to be relaxed for Christmas and people will be allowed to visit the island from the mainland. I hope this will not be a recipe for disaster, like the relaxation of rules on the mainland.

All the best through Christmas and New Year and stay out of the way of covid.

Regards

Paul

Design and manufacture of high performance power supplies

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, bit01 said:

@paulhynes -Why not let PHD build a standard DR7 (double regulated as you call it)? Not everyone needs a custom build?

b.

I apologize but I posted this query in the wrong thread - here is Paul's reply in that thread, quote:

Hello b

This is off topic on Nenon's thread and questions like this would be better posted in the SR7 thread. Perhaps Chris could move this to a more appropriate thread. I have been considering this but it would cause a conflict of interest between PHD Ltd and my custom build schedule which are two entirely separate business activities.

Regards

Paul

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

So what is the difference between SR7 vs DR7, and why can’t the DR7 be part of the PHD product range ?

What’s price those available DR7?

There is no set price for a DR7 as they are all custom built to each individual buyer's specifications by Paul Hynes himself.  The SR7 is built by a separate company, PHD Ltd.  Paul has not authorized them to build DR7 supplies at this time.

A lot has been written about the differences in the Novel thread and also in the SR7 thread.  I suggest looking there if you have more detailed questions.

If you are interested in taking over an available custom build, you should contact Paul directly.  Prices are in the thousands of GBP, depending on the build specification.  If you are looking for a ballpark estimate, look at the PHD SR7 price list and add a minimum of £1000.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 8:09 PM, auricgoldfinger said:

There is no set price for a DR7 as they are all custom built to each individual buyer's specifications by Paul Hynes himself.  The SR7 is built by a separate company, PHD Ltd.

I just fired an email off to PHD and had this cryptic response.  Is PHD now closed for orders?

Screenshot_20210510_194243_com.google.android.gm.jpg

3 hours ago, Apmusson said:

I didn't intend to wind any of you up.  I had no idea the wait times are so long.  

I feel lucky that PHD met their indicated delivery for my SR4T. 

Man - those wait times you are mentioning are way too long.

Those wait times are for the custom builds directly from Paul, not PHD, Ltd.

11 hours ago, Darryl R said:

I had an SR7T on next month's schedule.  Paul's email isn't bouncing, so I'm sure he'll honor the deposits.

Whatever happened, there appears to have been an orderly shutdown at PHD.  I've found Paul to be an honorable man, and I'm hoping he'll communicate with those who have deposits very shortly.

Unfortunately PHD Ltd is indeed now closed because of insolvency due to recent adverse trading conditions, leaving the company unable to cover this month’s operating costs.

Because this is a limited company and it is a separate legal entity, I have to follow strict legal guidelines defined by Companies House and I am currently responsible for liaising with the insolvency practitioner appointed to close the company down and to provide all the information they require to complete their task. The Insolvency practitioner will, in due course, contact anyone with a creditor interest in the company.

My custom build outstanding order schedule is not part of the insolvency proceedings as it was never incorporated into the PHD Ltd company. The only effect the PHD Ltd closure will have on the custom build schedule is absorbing my time over the next few weeks while I comply withy the statutory closure data provision requirements. Once clear of my legal obligations with the Insolvency Practitioner I will continue with the custom build schedule as soon as possible.

My e-mail in box is rather overloaded at present so please do not expect an instant reply. I will answer the e-mail as soon as I can.

I am sorry to be the bearer of such sad tidings.

Regards

Paul

Design and manufacture of high performance power supplies

26 minutes ago, paulhynes said:

Unfortunately PHD Ltd is indeed now closed because of insolvency due to recent adverse trading conditions, leaving the company unable to cover this month’s operating costs.

Because this is a limited company and it is a separate legal entity, I have to follow strict legal guidelines defined by Companies House and I am currently responsible for liaising with the insolvency practitioner appointed to close the company down and to provide all the information they require to complete their task. The Insolvency practitioner will, in due course, contact anyone with a creditor interest in the company.

My custom build outstanding order schedule is not part of the insolvency proceedings as it was never incorporated into the PHD Ltd company. The only effect the PHD Ltd closure will have on the custom build schedule is absorbing my time over the next few weeks while I comply withy the statutory closure data provision requirements. Once clear of my legal obligations with the Insolvency Practitioner I will continue with the custom build schedule as soon as possible.

My e-mail in box is rather overloaded at present so please do not expect an instant reply. I will answer the e-mail as soon as I can.

I am sorry to be the bearer of such sad tidings.

Regards

Paul

Thanks for the update.  Where will you complete the custom builds since you were planning a move to a space on the PHD premises due to space constraints at home? 

Brian