IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

So has Paul started to work again on his custom power supplies?

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

Fortunately for Paul and his family, the Isle of South Ulst is miles away from the rest of the world!😷

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, auricgoldfinger said:

What number are you in the queue?

Actually It's a long story.

I was #15 (I placed my original order on Jun 2017) and we reached to the point that my PSU will be shipped August 2018 but after waiting for long time without the success to catch my PSU I thought I can re-specified my PSU due to further delay.

Paul told me since I re-specification my PSU which was from a year ago (April 2019), my builds moved around the schedule to accommodate changing supplier lead times and he thinks the materials will not be on his bench before starting his build #23 so he eventually moved me to that build but unfortunately AFAIK from those who received their PSU from build#15 to #17 they only delayed due to re-specification but not moved to down list.

Anyone here has an advice.

1 minute ago, beautiful music said:

Actually It's a long story.

I was #15 (I placed my original order on Jun 2017) and we reached to the point that my PSU will be shipped August 2018 but after waiting for long time without the success to catch my PSU I thought I can re-specified my PSU due to further delay.

Paul told me since I re-specification my PSU which was from a year ago (April 2019), my builds moved around the schedule to accommodate changing supplier lead times and he thinks the materials will not be on his bench before starting his build #23 so he eventually moved me to that build but unfortunately AFAIK from those who received their PSU from build#15 to #17 they only delayed due to re-specification but not moved to down list.

Anyone here has an advice.

I would assume your parts are all on hand by now.  If your order was placed before all the others remaining in the queue, then hopefully your build is up next.  Things like repairs or R&D to resolve technical issues can interfere with the timing of custom builds.  The exact nature of the process has always been a bit mysterious to me.

1 minute ago, beautiful music said:

I'm not sure if Stephen can help me with this issue or not.

Probably doesn't hurt to ask.

I was contacted by Paul mid of February, among details on difficulty he faced last year there was apology for the inconvinience.

He also told me resuming the work on my custom build #23 which, assuming no more unforeseen circumstances beyond his control, should become ready to ship end of March.

I acknowleged his message with thanks and confimation I'm ready to get it.

But all this was before Covid-19 knocked at our doors...

At the moment I can imagine there could be other priority for many of us, including Paul.

It remains being on a remote island which was not visited by many tourists during this winter might make his place more safe than many urban places we live in.

Assuming he is in good health, with access to food, provided the custom build material is already at his premise, then the build can go on.

36 minutes ago, your momo said:

I was contacted by Paul mid of February, among details on difficulty he faced last year there was apology for the inconvinience.

He also told me resuming the work on my custom build #23 which, assuming no more unforeseen circumstances beyond his control, should become ready to ship end of March.

I acknowleged his message with thanks and confimation I'm ready to get it.

But all this was before Covid-19 knocked at our doors...

At the moment I can imagine there could be other priority for many of us, including Paul.

It remains being on a remote island which was not visited by many tourists during this winter might make his place more safe than many urban places we live in.

Assuming he is in good health, with access to food, provided the custom build material is already at his premise, then the build can go on.

The virus has reached the Outer Hebrides.  For Paul's sake as well as everyone else at PHD, I hope he will be staying at home for now.