IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

7 hours ago, Abyss Man said:

Hi Guys,

I'm going to put in an order for the SR4T 12V, will I have to wait just as long? Thank you. Please stay safe and God bless.

I think if you order now it should be ready for delivery sometime in May, that is assuming Stephen can stay on top of things.  He is taking things forward on his own at the moment.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Just like to notify everyone that Paul has just responded to my email sent a month ago.

He and his family are well but self isolating at home during the "lockdown".

The PS build calendar is therefore on hold for now but he hopes to resume work in June.

The patient wait continues but in the context of a potential global meltdown; there are more important matters at the moment.

Keep Safe

G

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

21 hours ago, paulhynes said:

Hi Geoff,

Stephen, the Paul Hynes Design Ltd Production Manager has just called me to say you have posted about my e-mail on Audiophile Style forum. Unfortunately this thread that you have posted in has historically referred to both my old custom build service (now closed to new orders) and also matters related to Paul Hynes Design Ltd production, so there may be some confusion between the two.

My apologies Stephen and Paul.

I didn't realise this was the wrong thread. 

I'll try and have it deleted.

Geoff

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

• 3 weeks later...

Highly unlikely due to size a 2nd regulation stage would take, also DR is one of the remaining differentiator from "custom builds" vs "batch build".

Nevertheless if Paul is available for an update on his on going SR7 custom build activities, it would bring a ray of light in this very dark 2020 year...

For anyone shipping to the US, I highly recommend shipping via an alternate carrier like FedEx.  Default shipping method from PHD is Royal Mail which then goes to USPS.  Total time to date since my pair of SR4-T's shipped has been 2 weeks and they just cleared customs, so I probably have another half week to wait until they get to me.

This really does PHD a disservice because Stephen did a great job in turning around my order quickly.  Adding nearly 3 weeks due to shipping is unnecessary when there's an alternative for a slight uptick in shipping cost via a better carrier.

• 3 weeks later...

I received my 19v SR4-T after 19 days of Royal Mail to USPS transit.  My 12v SR4-T was apparently lost by USPS as tracking stopped on May 30th.  Not sure why they were shipped separately as they were both shipped on the same date.  PHD is filing a claim and building a replacement. 

Ugh, that sounds like a nightmare.

FWIW, my SR4ST-12 (ordered mid Feb, arrived approx. mid to late April) took about 10 to 12 days to arrive from South Uist to Southern California via the standard Royal Mail -> USPS route. Still, I've had numerous issues with USPS bungling domestic shipping in the past, with probably one pretty seriously delayed international item, as well, so yes probably safer to go a different carrier if possible. 

• 3 weeks later...

Notwithstanding the title of this thread, why has there been so little discussion of the SR5/SR5T?  Unlike the SR4, it has an audio-grade transformer, it provides more current, and is significantly less expensive and smaller than the SR7.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

3 hours ago, str-1 said:

Notwithstanding the title of this thread, why has there been so little discussion of the SR5/SR5T?  Unlike the SR4, it has an audio-grade transformer, it provides more current, and is significantly less expensive and smaller than the SR7.

Maybe start a tread about the SR5T.  SR4 & SR7 has its separate treads. 

Only 5 units SR5T is built every month.

It can be made in a switch voltages settings and in fixed voltage settings. The latter with a DR (dual rail) option.

It’s somewhat unclear to me if the T version of the SR5 applies to all options. (F/S/DR)

To me the main reason to consider a SR5(T), would be that one need more power (ampere). 

It would of cause be interesting if someone could test any SQ difference between the various options. I guess the Novel tread my give some insight. 

My SR4T was ordered in May, and will be shipping this week 😀

https://www.paulhynesdesign.com/products

Someone with the interest and skills maybe start a tread better explaining options and prices than the Paul Hynes website as first post.

On 6/4/2020 at 4:35 AM, your momo said:

Highly unlikely due to size a 2nd regulation stage would take, also DR is one of the remaining differentiator from "custom builds" vs "batch build".

Nevertheless if Paul is available for an update on his on going SR7 custom build activities, it would bring a ray of light in this very dark 2020 year...

WIth UK lockdowns easing up this month, curious if there is a planned date for custom SR7 builds to resume.

On 7/9/2020 at 2:32 PM, R1200CL said:

My SR4T was ordered in May, and will be shipping this week 😀

I am on 'ordered in May, build in June' list , but still no notification of despatch.

If i may ask, have you had a notification or just hopeful?

I ordered on 9th June for July list.

I changed spec from SR4T-12 to SR4T-19 on 29th June. Ok that's on me. But I guess there is a bright side to PHD build schedule. Work hadn't commenced so change of spec wasn't an issue and Stephen was great.

I anticipate delivery towards end of July or perhaps in August. 

I ordered a Farad Super3 on the 4th of July. I plugged it into my system yesterday. 9th July. Just saying 🙄

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

1 hour ago, Frojo said:

I am on 'ordered in May, build in June' list , but still no notification of despatch.

If i may ask, have you had a notification or just hopeful?

I asked and got a reply from Stephen 2nd July that my unit will ship next week. So I expect it’s on it’s way now.