IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

9 hours ago, Giacomino said:

Hi, many times it happens to me that Audirvana pauses by itself at the end of the track at about 8-9 seconds and I have to manually go to the next track, does it happen to you too? I have the latest version.

Yes, it has been doing that for some time. It isn't related to system ram, it's a bug in Audirvana and it is really annoying.

No electron left behind.

23 minutes ago, jp11801 said:

any idea how to get your license  key if you can't find the email from your last purchase? I have Audirvana but can't find the email with the dang key anywhere

Send an email to support or message to Damien here?

No electron left behind.

3 hours ago, jp11801 said:

any idea how to get your license  key if you can't find the email from your last purchase? I have Audirvana but can't find the email with the dang key anywhere

You're looking for an email from avangate.com

A PM to Damien here seems to get results if the email is truly gone.

6 hours ago, phosphorein said:

I have never encountered this issue with hours of listening on Qobuz and Tidal. Audirvana is set up with no up-sampling or system optimization.

I don't know what causes it, but I have plenty of RAM and it happens here on my Mini which does nothing but play music and allow me to control it over the network. 

edit: After being on for a bit, I have 11.65GB of RAM, out of a total of 16GB, free. How much more do you think I need?

No electron left behind.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:31 PM, acatala said:

I have found a couple of minor errors in Audirvana 3.5. They can be seen in the Spanish translation version. I have made a couple of screen captures to show them:

cap01.png: The label "Listas de reproducción" (Playlists) is too wide to be shown. Its far too long in Spanish that in English. It should be taken into account. Besides, I don't like that "PISTAS"  is all un uppercase, "álbumes" all in lowercase and "Listas  de reproducción" is in first uppercase only. I think a homogeneous style would be more appropiated. Particularly, I like first uppercase style.

cap02.png: The word "CONECCIONES" is mispelled, the correct term is "CONEXIONES".

cap01.png

cap02.png

These issues have been solved in version 3.5.14. Thanks @damien78!!

On 6/24/2019 at 10:04 AM, Nico said:

@damien78

3.5.13: Please make track sorting possible again in search list of tracks. Otherwise the search function is useless for tracks.

E. G.: If I search for "corazón", I get 214 results - how I am now able to find the right track(s) if I can't sort by e.g. titleartist or year? Scrolling the list of 214 tracks?

No way ... please. (Sorting after search tracks was possible in 3.2)

387016444_Bildschirmfoto2019-06-24um09_45_07.png.ae9bcae18f17228078f3252eba6a0341.png

@damien78

3.5.14: Any chance that you will bring back the sorting possibility in track search window? Please ...

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

9 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I don't know what causes it, but I have plenty of RAM and it happens here on my Mini which does nothing but play music and allow me to control it over the network. 

edit: After being on for a bit, I have 11.65GB of RAM, out of a total of 16GB, free. How much more do you think I need?

I have 32 GB of RAM and while playing a playlist containing 24/88 encoded files, I have ~11.6 GB of RAM used and Audirvana is consuming about 975 MB. I have a number of other processes active and have not encountered memory problems. In Audirvana I have allocated about 8.5 GB for track preloading. Hope this info is useful.

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

This is clearly a bug, why it happens I don't know but I am not alone in this happening, and I seriously doubt the amount of RAM is the culprit.

edit: That sounded harsher than I meant it to. Please accept my apologies.

No worries; no offense taken. I understand the frustration.

No offense taken.

I use an older MBP, mid 2008.  When I'm experiencing the ~9sec stop I can replay the track with the same result again and again. If I move on to the second track its often there, too.  If I shut down and reboot its gone.

10 hours ago, DPS said:

When I'm experiencing the ~9sec stop I can replay the track with the same result again and again. If I move on to the second track its often there, too.  If I shut down and reboot its gone.

Exactly my experience. If you then try to 'click into' the last 8 seconds on the progress bar, it won't play. I use a late 2013 macbook pro.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:32 PM, DPS said:

Too much open on your desktop for the amount of System RAM.  Close the other programs.  May take a reboot to clear the memory.  This has worked for me

+1. I had seen an occasional stall where the next song wouldn't advance. Thought it was my internet connection. Turned out that killing some open applications on an Penryn MacBook Pro, early 2008 was the solution.

(6 GB RAM)

Boy is Audirvana 3.5 great on my big rig. 

5 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

The bug just happened, I had set Audirvana to use as much RAM as possible.

As not said, it happened to me again with both Tidal and music on Hd and nas, ram memory set to maximum, the bug happens to me on two imacs.
How sound is great.

iMac,Audirvana,Ampli-Dac RME ADI-2, Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite, Primaluna PLTwo, Sennheiser HD800S e Focal Utopia, Adam S3V.

14 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

The bug just happened, I had set Audirvana to use as much RAM as possible.

FWIW, on windows that gave me some weird pauses while the upsampling and buffering was going on. I set mine back to the original amount. I haven't read upthread and do not know about "the bug".

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz