IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

21 hours ago, damien78 said:

There is no change on AU configuration between these two versions. But is there anything else that may have changed on your system? AU plug-in update?

Is it the same after a reboot?

I - kind of - have the same issue.

On my music computer - OS X 10.11.6 stripped down to run only as few processes as possible - I could edit AU plugins up to Audirvana version 3.5.11. Since I was traveling I missed some updated versions. But in 3.5.15 and 3.5.16 I can't edit AU plugins anymore.

(workaround: I keep 3.5.11 in case I want to edit AU plugins... the AU settings will hold also if you run 3.5.16).

But! ...: on my desktop Mac with a regular OS X 10.11.6 anything works as supposed to (AU plugins can be edited).

So I wonder why I can edit AU plugins on my tuned/stripped down El Capitan in Audirvana 3.5.11 - but not in 3.5.15.

On the other hand it might very well be related to my modifications to the OS X.

Anway ... something must have changed ... ? (in my case no updates to the system or the plugins I am using - only Audirvana was updated).

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

5 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

I - kind of - have the same issue.

On my music computer - OS X 10.11.6 stripped down to run only as few processes as possible - I could edit AU plugins up to Audirvana version 3.5.11. Since I was traveling I missed some updated versions. But in 3.5.15 and 3.5.16 I can't edit AU plugins anymore.

(workaround: I keep 3.5.11 in case I want to edit AU plugins... the AU settings will hold also if you run 3.5.16).

But! ...: on my desktop Mac with a regular OS X 10.11.6 anything works as supposed to (AU plugins can be edited).

So I wonder why I can edit AU plugins on my tuned/stripped down El Capitan in Audirvana 3.5.11 - but not in 3.5.15.

On the other hand it might very well be related to my modifications to the OS X.

Anway ... something must have changed ... ? (in my case no updates to the system or the plugins I am using - only Audirvana was updated).

I have found an issue for the offline configuration of some AU plugins. This is fixed for the 3.2.17 scheduled to be released on Monday.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

5 hours ago, damien78 said:

I have found an issue for the offline configuration of some AU plugins. This is fixed for the 3.2.17 scheduled to be released on Monday.

great!! thanks a lot!!

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

On 8/10/2019 at 6:33 PM, damien78 said:

works as supposed to on both of my computers.

many thanks for the quick fix!!

Quick question,

the majority of my library is ISO files of DSD albums.

I realize that within audirvana, you cannot edit the metadata

Unfortunately, this produces many duplicate albums, which I have no way of fixing.

Also, for some reason, sometimes that album shows incorrect metadata.

For example, if you look at the photo, I have KING CRIMSON with the correct album art.

Next to it, I have MYSTERIES OF BULGARIAN VOICES with the incorrect album art (that of King Crimson). In the metadata of the mysteries of bulgarian voices, it lists King Crimson as the artist. No idea why, and I can't edit it or change the artwork.

1) Is there a way that I simply don't know of, to correct the metadata from DSD ISO files ?  (and no, I do not wish to convert each album)

2) for future updates of audirvana, I would like to request that metadata be stored in a separate file, readable by audirvana, so that we can edit this? [i've read that this is called sidecars?]

thanks for any help

Audirvana001.jpg

On 8/9/2019 at 11:08 PM, macuniverse said:

I will look into it and report back.

I can edit Audio units now (.17) but  an old bug is back.

I'm streaming to a DLNA renderer (MicroRendu) and if I enable "Realtime Control" audio units are disabled (audio plays but no effects). I realise we cannot "Realtime Control" DLNA streaming yet but, at least, I was expecting the app ignore the setting under these conditions (Inc DSD playback).

Also, @Damien, is it possible to put a "Check Box" next to the Audio Unit dropdown pick lists? This way we can enable/disable certain audio units without setting them up again next time we change our audio chain; something similar to JRiver. Another benefit is some of the plugins' internal enable/disable switches do not work as intended. For example, I use LiquidSonics Reverberate Core convolution engine and when turned off it cuts off the audio completely.

2 minutes ago, Joerg D said:

Hello,
with me it is synonymous so that with 3.5.17 my DLNA streamer was not found. Have 3.5.16 installed again and everything is fine

Joerg

Hi Joerg, for sure it's a fault in the new .17 software version. I did some reconfiguring and rebooting at my DNLA streamer software/device (Sonicorbitor 2.7), but that did not give a solution. So now I'm playing my music over my Apple TV waiting for Damien to come up with a solution (.18). Happy to have this backup solution, but the sound quality is very standard.

12 minutes ago, jos said:

Hi Joerg, for sure it's a fault in the new .17 software version. I did some reconfiguring and rebooting at my DNLA streamer software/device (Sonicorbitor 2.7), but that did not give a solution. So now I'm playing my music over my Apple TV waiting for Damien to come up with a solution (.18). Happy to have this backup solution, but the sound quality is very standard.

Hello Jos, thanks for your mail. I'm back to 3.5.16 with the Time Machine and the streamer is recognized immediately. Good that there is the Time Machine.

Joerg

14 minutes ago, jos said:

It has something to do with this 'workaround change', I believe...

What's New in Audirvana

Version 3.5.17: 
  • Fix offline configuration with some Audio Units
  • Workaround for smooth playback with network players not fully compatible with UPnP standard
10 minutes ago, jos said:

It has something to do with this 'workaround change', I believe...

What's New in Audirvana

Version 3.5.17: 
  • Fix offline configuration with some Audio Units
  • Workaround for smooth playback with network players not fully compatible with UPnP standard

... if this can help ... no problem here with SoTM SMS-200 neo and A 3.5.17

Stefano

My audio system

1 hour ago, Joerg D said:

Hello Jos, thanks for your mail. I'm back to 3.5.16 with the Time Machine and the streamer is recognized immediately. Good that there is the Time Machine.

Joerg

Thanks Joerg! I did not think about that, but I will make this restore too.

2 hours ago, jos said:

Damien, can you help me with this problem? Have had no problems before after updating?

Sure, and I'll need the detailed error message on UPnP init from the system logs?
For that, can you:
1.    Launch the Console application
2.    Enter "UPnP:" in the field at the top right to display only the lines related to UPnP
3.    Launch Audirvana
4.    Copy the displayed lines
5.    Paste the text in a PM to me

This will be very useful to me in order to better understand what is happening on your Mac.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

Sure, and I'll need the detailed error message on UPnP init from the system logs?
For that, can you:
1.    Launch the Console application
2.    Enter "UPnP:" in the field at the top right to display only the lines related to UPnP
3.    Launch Audirvana
4.    Copy the displayed lines
5.    Paste the text in a PM to me

This will be very useful to me in order to better understand what is happening on your Mac.

Got this:

standaard    00:34:00.329622 +0200    Audirvana    UPnP: Unable to initialize UPnP stack at all (not connected to network?), aborting, error: -203

13 hours ago, Joerg D said:

Hello,
with me it is synonymous so that with 3.5.17 my DLNA streamer was not found. Have 3.5.16 installed again and everything is fine

Joerg

MeToo, hopefully Damien can solve this asap with the information I gave him.

2 hours ago, jos said:

MeToo, hopefully Damien can solve this asap with the information I gave him.

Thanks for these very useful pieces of information.

I've now released 3.5.18 with the fix for this issue.

I just downloaded the latest download. On The Audirvana.com website under support I have followed the steps. So far so good. The music comes up it shows that it is playing BUT no sound coming through my loudspeakers. I'm VERY frustrated I would like to hear my music. Any help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

For what i know, i think when upsampling DSD, your safe volume setting, should be set at -3 dB

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13