IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

One other thing to note, when I shut down a UPnP device that is connected to Audirvana, AV just hangs up and I frequently have to force quit it.  This was the case on the old version too.  I don't know if this happens with my one direct connect DAC since it is powered through the USB and never powered off.

Yesterday, I could still go to the
on my MacBook Pro Retina Mojave 10.14.5 with Audirvana. Just go into digital out in the Yggdrasil. Dirac live is inserted as audio unit.
Today Audirvana almost doesn't want to start and doesn't load any audio unit plugin anymore.
Can do what I want. Macbook booted...nothing works anymore.
When I now start Audirvana 3.2.15 everything works fine again.
On my iMac I've only had trouble with Audirvana 3.5.15 for days now. Also here plugins don't work anymore.
What's going on?

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been asked before - I have Audirvana 3.2.7 and I want to upgrade to 3.5. So, I entered my license key and got the message "license upgraded"  (or something similar to this).

However, Version 3.5 asks for a different key... only 10 characters, instead of 20. Please advise.
Thanks

Silent PC > AO > TQ Black USB > Hegel HD11 > Vovox Textura > Hegel H100 > Vovox Vocalis > MS Mezzo 6

Did on another partion a el capitan install.

Audirvana 3.5.15 works as expected without any problems.

Now integer mode is up again and all audio units are working.

seems to be a problem between mojave/audirvana.

Still sudden slow performance with 3.5.15 on latest mojave and no audio-units.

I can select an audio-unit but it does not load.

What makes me wonder is that yesterday it worked totally ok on my macbook

and today suddenly, nothing has changed on my system, no more audio-units.

Tried from 3.5.10-3.5.14...all versions crash at start. 3.5.15 is the only version that starts

but with crazy performance.

A response from audirvana staff would be nice. thanks

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

Good luck with that I didn’t get a response to mine and others click problem above or the one I posted ages ago about A+ not syncing all of the albums in my iTunes library

which I think is or was bothering other people as well

you pays your money.........

11 hours ago, Horevey said:

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been asked before - I have Audirvana 3.2.7 and I want to upgrade to 3.5. So, I entered my license key and got the message "license upgraded"  (or something similar to this).

However, Version 3.5 asks for a different key... only 10 characters, instead of 20. Please advise.
Thanks

I guess you have to order a new 3.5 license key here:

https://audirvana.com/upgrade-3-5/

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

1 minute ago, Horevey said:

I did. This is where I got the “License Upgraded” message. But I didn’t get any new key. The “old” one doesn’t work. 

It does, this is what this message tells. You then have the link to download 3.5 (now 3.5.15) on this page.

And the easiest is to copy and paste your key. As it is a list of figures and letters, typos are likely to happen otherwise.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

9 hours ago, DSD256 said:

Did on another partion a el capitan install.

Audirvana 3.5.15 works as expected without any problems.

Now integer mode is up again and all audio units are working.

seems to be a problem between mojave/audirvana.

Still sudden slow performance with 3.5.15 on latest mojave and no audio-units.

I can select an audio-unit but it does not load.

What makes me wonder is that yesterday it worked totally ok on my macbook

and today suddenly, nothing has changed on my system, no more audio-units.

Tried from 3.5.10-3.5.14...all versions crash at start. 3.5.15 is the only version that starts

but with crazy performance.

A response from audirvana staff would be nice. thanks

Can you run the usual database integrity check? (Command in the Maintenance section of the preferences page)?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Have given up with 3.5 and gone back to 3.2.16

Fed up with the syncing probs 

The clicks between tracks and the stopping just before the end of tracks.

These are all problems that others are experiencing too but neither my complaints or those of others on here have been answered and I’m not aware of a solution.

Each new update of 3.5 doesn’t fix these probs if anything the latest version is worse and I’ve had it with 3.5

For me the overriding criteria is sound quality and I don’t think 3.5 sounds any better than 3.2

I don’t care about all the other changes I just want it to play ALL of each track on ALL of the albums in my iTunes library and until it can do that for me I’ll stick with what works.

I can only assume the problems I’m having with 3.5 are problems inherent with this version as so far the old version works fine as it always did before

why I and others have the same problems when some others do not I have no idea

Maybe it’s to do with how the update was performed, maybe us non computer-heads needed better instructions for installing the update

Who knows but I’d love some help and answers although for me as I said I see no advantage in 3.5 even if it did work properly it doesn’t sound any better

Hi everybody!

have some issue after updating from 3.2.6 to 3.5.15, I did clean re-install.

now my dff files won’t play - error “Unable to open an audio file for playback”

sacd iso plays fine

dac - ifi idsd nano BL 

does anybody had same trouble? 

13 hours ago, stewartg said:

I can only assume the problems I’m having with 3.5 are problems inherent with this version as so far the old version works fine as it always did before

why I and others have the same problems when some others do not I have no idea

Maybe it’s to do with how the update was performed, maybe us non computer-heads needed better instructions for installing the update

Who knows but I’d love some help and answers although for me as I said I see no advantage in 3.5 even if it did work properly it doesn’t sound any better

Here is my update process, and I have nearly no problems, ever.

When I get the pop up telling me there is an update available and asking me if I want to install and relaunch, I say yes.

Thats it.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, JoshM said:

Hmmm... This might explain why the hack didn't work on my new Mac Mini. I'd successfully done the hack several times each on two previous Macs and had no issues. 

It probably is, the T2 chip, other than being a security feature, also takes the place of a lot of previous discrete controllers on the board, one of which is the audio controller. This "feature" is why I moved to network functionality rather than direct USB.

No electron left behind.

11 hours ago, DADA7 said:

Hi everybody!

have some issue after updating from 3.2.6 to 3.5.15, I did clean re-install.

now my dff files won’t play - error “Unable to open an audio file for playback”

sacd iso plays fine

dac - ifi idsd nano BL 

does anybody had same trouble? 

Correction: dff files plays, but only if I click directly to them, which is extremely uncomfortable since most of them are not separated,  if I try to play cue - error I mention above 

Beta remote for android seems to be going on now, were next i suppose 😀

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Been enjoying A+ 3.5.15 but notice some upper midrange harshness in certain recordings and wonder if I have the SOX parameters optimized.  Kinda odd that some recordings sound startling clear and dynamic and others overly aggressive. As a longtime CA member, also have HQPlayer and PM, all cool stuff, and the aggressiveness of the problematic recordings is kept in check by th settings I use with them.  CA system - a Mac Mini AQ Coffee USB directly to a Mytek B+ with Keces DC -116 LPS powering it balanced outs to a McCormack DNA -500.

Appreciate any suggestions regarding SOX parameters.  Thanks.

Thought I was a member of CA...missed the name change.  Stylin'...

Tone with Soul

Hi All,

While it has been a few years since my last visit, I'm forced to comeback as a means of gaining insight from the more knowledgable among you, as to how I'm to go about setting up the audio settings and filter in the current version of A+ 3.5?.

As I was enjoying a Bluesound Node 2 over said period, until I began to notice that with each firmware upgrade, it'd throw things out of whack, where I'd then have to resort to arranging a team viewer session with one of their techs, which in itself grew rather tiresome........, so late week I decided to go back to using my Mac Mini | Gustard DAC tandem with said current version of 3.5, and was very surprised by the overall sonics as compared to my older 2.6 version.

Yet noticed for whatever reason, I wasn't able to sort out how to find the older setting type menu, which allowed me to alter the audio filters by ear, yet thanks to a single response by zacster over on Audio Asylum, I was told to click onto the little speaker icon......., which still didn't help me in finding anything. So I'm to then assume that I've to turn off the iTunes integral setting?, and then attempt to browse through said settings?, or am I missing something?.

I'm also having trouble ( whereas I didn't a few years ago ) in running both the Mac Mini | iPad iTunes remote seamlessly, yet have noted this time around after about 30 - 47 or so, my library disappears on the iPad Air 3, which then forced me to reconnect a small 22" HP monitor along with a cordless Apple Keyboard | Track Pad and reconfigure things.........., which for some reason seems wrong!, as this didn't occur said first time around with the older version, once again as I wasn't able to locate any sort of manual for version 3.5, what might I be doing wrong I'd ask?.

I recall cutting on both the file and screen sharing on the Mini, yet it still seems to fail after all of listening to 10 - 30 tracks, as I've tried my best to read through this current posting on said 3.5 version, having stopped at page 15, I merely through it best to cut the research short, and merely pose the question as such.

Could someone please take a moment to walk me through this?, as I'm once again very very happy with the sound, yet the interfacing properties are wearing me down, I do intend to pursue either a Bluesound Vault 2i or Innuos ZenMini MK lll in the new year, as I've to much prefer having a player with onboard HDD intact, as opposed to relying upon shady Wifi networking to tie it all together, as a pair of power line Ethernet adapters all of a sudden strike me as a variable option of late.

Do explain how to get into said settings to up-sample to DSD 128, as well as better integrate the Mac Mini to its iTunes Remote App via a true headless option.

TIA!.

O_o scar  

Regards,

O_o scar

7 hours ago, KT77 said:

Do explain how to get into said settings to up-sample to DSD 128, as well as better integrate the Mac Mini to its iTunes Remote App via a true headless option.

TIA!.

O_o scar  

The old iTunes integration is gone. You now have options for syncing the iTunes Library, but I think that's about it. You can control A+ with it's own  iOS app from the App Store. (I don't use iTunes any longer, so others will give better advice...)

Audio options are pretty well hidden - think of it as an Easter Egg. First, music cannot be playing. Click the little loudspeaker icon, find your connection (DAC, usually) and then click the little arrow to the left. As you scroll down there will be a few more up/down arrows to show/hide hidden options. It's all there - just a lot more scrolling and clicking and cryptic symbols than before.

38 minutes ago, bnbayer said:

The old iTunes integration is gone. You now have options for syncing the iTunes Library, but I think that's about it. You can control A+ with it's own  iOS app from the App Store. (I don't use iTunes any longer, so others will give better advice...)

Audio options are pretty well hidden - think of it as an Easter Egg. First, music cannot be playing. Click the little loudspeaker icon, find your connection (DAC, usually) and then click the little arrow to the left. As you scroll down there will be a few more up/down arrows to show/hide hidden options. It's all there - just a lot more scrolling and clicking and cryptic symbols than before.

Hi bnbayer,

Thanks for sharing said information, as it does give me somewhere to start......., much appreciated. 🤓

Regards,

O_o scar