IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

15 hours ago, Serpieri said:

I gather you have Mute During Sample Rate Change under Low Level Playback Options enabled?

I don't see this. Low Level Playback Options only has memory allocated for tracks to preload. Where is Mute During Sample Change?

Low level playback options.jpg

17 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

When any PCM song is playing and i click to change the song to any DSD one i have, a loud switching sound burst for a fraction if a second.

I get a loud electronic sound after playing a DSD piece. It comes about 15-20 seconds after the end of the last track. I don't get a sound when switching from PCM to DSD, just the other way round.

On 6/15/2019 at 1:51 PM, odelay said:

.... Some smart playlists import, whilst others don’t...

Just to report back to say that creating a new library file appears to have removed the duplicates in the library file and allowed me to import all my playlists. 

I have yet to do a thorough search for duplicates, but many of the problem albums at the top of my library seem fine (touch wood). 

3.5.12 seems stable so far... but only been building new library so far. 

The prior issues I had with memory seems to be fixed too. 

So too is the annoying one when the last few seconds of an occasional song were cut off.

Merck Damien for the update 🙏

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

The popping noises some have described are likely to be USB noise and not an Audirvana bug.  I've experienced similar issues with a similar vintage MBP over  several versions of Audirvana and a bus-powered USBDAC, such as a Dragon Fly. The iFi iDefender solves this problem, so should a powered USB hub or powered DAC. 

3 hours ago, bnbayer said:

I don't see this. Low Level Playback Options only has memory allocated for tracks to preload. Where is Mute During Sample Change?

I have more options showing under Low Level Playback Options as shown below including Mute During Sample Change.  I don't know why yours is more limited.

399.jpg

43 minutes ago, Dandaman said:

I have more options showing under Low Level Playback Options as shown below including Mute During Sample Change.  I don't know why yours is more limited.

399.jpg

It is limited because he is using a network player and the option is not available in that mode. The same is in my configuration as I’m using a SOtM SMS 200

Stefano

My audio system

3 hours ago, DPS said:

The popping noises some have described are likely to be USB noise and not an Audirvana bug.  I've experienced similar issues with a similar vintage MBP over  several versions of Audirvana and a bus-powered USBDAC, such as a Dragon Fly. The iFi iDefender solves this problem, so should a powered USB hub or powered DAC. 

My DAC is not connected to the computer by USB. From Audirvana the output is Ethernet cable to a microRendu, then a USPCB to the DAC.

I've been using Audirvana since version 1.x and hadn't had the popping noise until the last week or so.

Mine is not a popping or tic noise, more like a screee switching noise.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Sound like it is mechanical almost, cant describe it, but since it is just happening in Audirvana, for me it is software related. Maybe Damien can put something easy when switching from pcm to dsd when clicking randomly, i dont know. All is good when not switching between CDs...

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

My dac is selected for audio output, stereo ?? 😃 that mini mac is for music only

7 hours ago, CoolHand said:

To prevent glitches during sample rate changes (which occur irrespective of Mute During Sample Rate Change setting), do not activate Integer Mode.

This has no effect for my setup.  I still get big pulses (and loud pops) when changing between PCM and DSD songs, whether Integer Mode is active or not.  The only setting that eliminates the pulses, is selecting the option to convert DSD to PCM.

Shoud be that,

not at home now will check... it is audirvana that plays with the midi settings whatever i put there i think

4 hours ago, Andrey said:

What is the audio output format, 44100?

Снимок экрана 2019-06-17 в 2.19.11.png

Here are the settings while Audirvana is open but not playing...

while playing a 352kHz,

while playing a .DSF,

and while not playing again...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Now here is the sound between a PCM track finishing whe a .DSF track is next to play

as i said earlier... This sound between is not happening with JRiver or HQPlayer... so... Audirvana fault for me.

two exemples where i put my iPhone at 10 inches maybe away from my speaker and recorded with the Dictaphone app. i can see my woofer and passive one bumping like a big hit.

1 Bryan Ferry finishing (16/44) with Bob Dylan (DSF) next

2 Bob Marley (16/44) finishing with Jethro (DSF) next

can do it with every pcm whatever sample rate song going to a DSF song next

Domicile 1.m4a Domicile 2.m4a

Here is a scope capture, showing the pulses on the analog outputs of my Oppo UDP-205 when it transitions from a PCM song to DSD song. The upper trace (left channel) is clipped only because it goes out of range of the scope display. The pulses are sending a 350mV transient to the input of a 200 watt/channel power amp, more than enough to trigger its speaker protection relay. On a DSD to PCM transition, the pulses are the same magnitude, but with opposite polarity.  Electronics geeks will recognize an RC decay, probably due to DC blocking capacitors on the Oppo's outputs.  It seems that the PCM to DSD transition is causing a stationary DC offset upstream of those capacitors, which is removed with the DSD to PCM transition.  Unlike RunHomeSlow's situation, my Oppo does not pass any music from the DSD song.  But music resumes when I play another PCM song.

Don't read too much into these scope traces. Other DACs are, no doubt, behaving differently.  The Oppo has internal relays which reconfigure the filter circuitry paths for DSD and PCM inputs. The pulses that I observe may be due to these relays taking an inappropriate state.  But there may be a flaw in the data stream from Audirvana which causes that error.

I'm only posting this image to show what happens with this particular setup, for which Audirvana 3.5.12 is useless for playing native DSD files (unless I use the "convert to PCM option").  As noted in my earlier post, this setup includes a MacBook Pro running Mojave, and it was previously modified with the "Direct Mode" hack. If I substitute an iMac running Sierra, which has never had the "Direct Mode" hack, the killer pulses do not occur.  I don't know if that implicates the hack (or previous use of the hack) as a possible cause.

If Damien is monitoring this thread, perhaps he can explain what is happening, or (even better) provide a fix.

pcm_to_dsd_pulses.jpg

13 hours ago, bnbayer said:

That's really strange. Are you changing all sample rates to one sample rate? I can't think of another reason this would be happening.

No electron left behind.

Very strange.

I am able to activate Audeze Reveal in Audirvana installed on MacBook Pro and   I am NOT able to activate it Iin Audirvana installed on Mac mini.

Does Anyone has idea what can be a problem?

Already tried to reinstall, power off/on...

did you installed Audirvana on another Mac before... not more then two Macs allowed...

Presently I am running Audirvana 3.5.12  only on two devices Mac mini and MB Pro. 

A month ago I passed license from one Mac mini to this one which is in use now. Since then I haven’t tried Reveal because I was waiting for Audeze headphones to arrive.