IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

14 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

The T2 chip Macs make the kext hack for Direct Mode either much more difficult or impossible. I have a new MacBook Pro but I haven't tried it yet. It will work in Mojave just fine if your Mac does not have the T2 chip.

Very interesting. Anyone on the thread tried and succeeded?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I know you can turn off the security features, however, even if you do that, the T2 chip is also the audio controller so I don't know if it will work, additionally, you would need to keep the security features disabled as far as I know.

edit: this is one of the motivations for my move to network audio versus a direct connection.

No electron left behind.

@damien78

3.5.13: Please make track sorting possible again in search list of tracks. Otherwise the search function is useless for tracks.

E. G.: If I search for "corazón", I get 214 results - how I am now able to find the right track(s) if I can't sort by e.g. titleartist or year? Scrolling the list of 214 tracks?

No way ... please. (Sorting after search tracks was possible in 3.2)

387016444_Bildschirmfoto2019-06-24um09_45_07.png.ae9bcae18f17228078f3252eba6a0341.png

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

16 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Audirvana 3.5.13 playing in the just released public beta of Catalina. It works.  I have not tried the Direct Mode Hack yet, I just finished this install on my Mini. Spotlight is going nuts right now!

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.18.51 PM.png

Good to hear and thanks. Did you also look into Apple Music app?

Yep, working just fine, I had zero problems migrating from time machine .

It just takes some time for the album covers to load, and the computer goes through a lot of optimizing and such as well. I let it run overnight and it has settled down some. Also a few bugs right now that keep CPU use higher than it should be.

edit: I opened Music again and the album covers are gone again...  sigh.  The fun of Beta software.

No electron left behind.

Is there a way to compute albums ReplayGain for group albums as what we do on A+3.2 ?

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

Hmm, Catalina really locks down the system files. I'm not sure the Direct Mode hack will be do-able anymore. The good news is that even without it Catalina and Audirvana are sounding wonderful. 

Basically, Catalina puts the important system files in their own container so they can't be messed with and they are read only. To get it working will take someone more knowledgable about this stuff than I am.

No electron left behind.

25 minutes ago, Jozurr said:

Does audirvana only allow 2 monitored folders? If I try to add a third monitored folder (option 1) one of the previous folders gets replaced

No I don't think so. I use 3 monitored folders and I could add even more.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

In the interests of science, I ended up needing to redo the installation of the Beta of Catalina. I did an absolute clean install. I did not recover from a time machine back up or anything, I did it all manually. This morning I decided to set up Audirvana again. I downloaded 3.5.12 apparently, because as soon as I opened it, it said there was an update to 3.5.13. However, when I tried to upgrade I get this window. Has anyone seen this before? 3.5.12 is working just fine.

Damien?

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 6.57.16 AM.png

No electron left behind.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:36 PM, mitch751 said:

Is there a way to compute albums ReplayGain for group albums as what we do on A+3.2 ?

If you have not found it already, click on the Audio Settings icon (the speaker) on the bottom right; scroll down to the Audio Volume section at the bottom. Album ReplayGain is there. 

19 hours ago, Jozurr said:

Does audirvana only allow 2 monitored folders? If I try to add a third monitored folder (option 1) one of the previous folders gets replaced

I only make use of a single hard drive for my setups but have 5 folders on this drive selected in Audirvana for distinct monitoring.

4 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

In the interests of science, I ended up needing to redo the installation of the Beta of Catalina. I did an absolute clean install. I did not recover from a time machine back up or anything, I did it all manually. This morning I decided to set up Audirvana again. I downloaded 3.5.12 apparently, because as soon as I opened it, it said there was an update to 3.5.13. However, when I tried to upgrade I get this window. Has anyone seen this before? 3.5.12 is working just fine.

Damien?

Might needs allowing app in like in mojave in apple prefs menu can’t remember.., security settings ? At the job now

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

11 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Damien?

6 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Might needs allowing app in like in mojave in apple prefs menu can’t remember.., security settings ? At the job now

Quoting myself here just to follow up and answer RunHomeSlow. I managed to get Audirvana to update and it did have something to do with Apple blocking, but it probably shouldn't have. I found the answer here:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/363245/firefox-developer-edition-and-others-not-opening-in-macos-catalina

I bring this up so @damien78 can either figure out if this is just a Beta bug or if this is something he needs to look into with Audirvana and Catalina going forward.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 6.18.14 PM.png

No electron left behind.

Installed Catalina beta3 over my 10.14.5 and all went well.

Couldn't install Direct Mode back for now but i can't see a difference personally with my system.

Now Audirvana fill my screen when opening, it was just small window in center since 3.5 with Mojave :)

controlling with screen sharing on my iMac with Mojave is like before.

Remote works also with iPhone

Real VNC the same and iPhone too

Amadeus Pro is fine.

Parallels Desktop with latest Windows 10 (2019-06) is fine too

i didn't used Music... no mp3 for it on that computer.

Carbon Copy Cloner is buggy and is in beta for Catalina to work...

JRiver 24 is OK and HQPlayer also.

XLD did its job too.

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

On 5/3/2019 at 3:47 AM, RunHomeSlow said:

God damn!!

i was just thinking the same as you @AudioDoctor seeing OldBigEars comment and All OTHERS...

all the same editing or features are there in 3.5 as they were in 3.2.x

what are you not trying do do all you guys complaining... can you see the icons, can you do cmd i,

clicking an icon you never see to look what it does, cmd + or - to big or minimize your albums or small them in layout.

i too, know that there is bugs or not complete layout or contrast in color to make it simpler... in blue or light options, but all was there in 3.2 can be seen in 3.5... open your eyes! click icon try something !! this is not photoshop with hundred of settings... takes 2 minutes to click everything on Audirvana and see all menus options... Arf you guys !!!

Hi RunHomeSlow, In that case maybe you can help me figure out how to return to the home screen (the entire catalogue screen split horizontally usually by genre). The only way I know is by clicking the back button. But if I'm several steps away from home screen then even the back button won't work. I tried clicking every button in sight, just as you suggested. The remote is definitely buggy and if, like me, you rely on it to do most of your stuff, then there's no option but to go back to 3.2.x. Contacting Damian through the support link is a waste of time as he doesn't reply. Either the email address is out of date or he's just plain unprofessional. 

Can you send a picture here... usually you click the word library on the left panel...

For the remote, have you tried, removing it from your iPhone... push 2 seconds on it, the option with an X will appear. X it. Hard stop your iphone just for be sure... Close Audirvana on Mac. Open iPhone, Download remote again from Apple Store. Open Audirvana on Mac. Click Remote for opening on iPhone... put the code asked. Remote is not perfect, just need to show Year option for album somewhere... :)  but never had problem with it playing my music since begining...

if you don't see the left panel on Audirvana, maybe it was push away... just go to the left of window, and drag your mouse to the right to see the panel... not sure if i understood you :)

Screen Shot 2019-06-29.jpg

On 6/28/2019 at 12:03 AM, Serpieri said:

If you have not found it already, click on the Audio Settings icon (the speaker) on the bottom right; scroll down to the Audio Volume section at the bottom. Album ReplayGain is there. 

Got it, thank you so much

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:55 PM, greentrumpet said:

Audirvana with mojave question. My 2017 MBP is running Sierra, I've avoided High Sierra having seen bad reports and have been satisfied with the performance of Audirvana 3.5 with Sierra. Now there is another OSX update coming is it a good idea to move to Mojave for now or is that a mistake and would I be better staying with Sierra.

I'd be grateful for the benefit of your experience.

Tried High Sierra some time ago, but was not happy with the sound quality. Had to downgrade to Sierra, which sounded much better with Audirvana. Some weeks ago I took the jump to Mojave. No major change in sound quality, at least as good as Sierra in my opinion.

12 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Can you send a picture here... usually you click the word library on the left panel...

Well, what can I say, you solved my problem! I'm using Screen Sharing on my macbook and I didn't know that left column even existed. All I've been seeing were these type of layouts:

162305615_ScreenShot2019-06-30at12_45_11.thumb.png.5fca03144b0a70c20ab1451605ffc50b.png

1901463724_ScreenShot2019-06-30at12_45_43.thumb.png.49a091b7ed0d833b01bbc49e2919e490.png

It only shows how inexperienced I am with the desktop app which I only use when working on the library, sorting out metadata etc. So that's that sorted. Thanks. 🙂