IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

5 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

And its Damien’s responsibility to provide a fix!

Hard for him to do unless he knows what's causing it, right? That's why I suggested some experimentation to try to pin that down. The alternative is to remain satisfied that the problem is Damien's fault, but not have a fix. 🙂

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

17 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

@DancingSea You say your Mac is stripped down...

What do you mean by that? Have you stopped processes from running? Which ones? Did you run someones magical script that did it for you?

These are all important questions to answer.

Good point.  By that I mean I’ve removed all non audio related apps, reduced the dock, cleared the desktop, that sort of thing in order to maximize audio using the existing power.  Some of the things discussed here, though I did not do the terminal command stuff.  Which is to say, my Mac is not overburdened by other processes, its entirely devoted to audio, giving even less excuse for the A+ sluggishness.

43 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

Good point.  By that I mean I’ve removed all non audio related apps, reduced the dock, cleared the desktop, that sort of thing in order to maximize audio using the existing power.  Some of the things discussed here, though I did not do the terminal command stuff.  Which is to say, my Mac is not overburdened by other processes, its entirely devoted to audio, giving even less excuse for the A+ sluggishness.

ok, at this point I would do a clean installation of OSX with none of these optimizations and see if the problem persists.

No electron left behind.

4 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

ok, at this point I would do a clean installation of OSX with none of these optimizations and see if the problem persists.

Thanks for the idea. It just seems extreme to me given everything else but A+ works normally and well.  I wouldn’t want to risk messing up the harmony I otherwise have, especially given there are a number of other people on this forum experiencing similar A+ issues as me.   Hopefully Damien will give another idea besides the defrag feature which didn’t help. 

And the Mac OS audio optimization stuff would have no negative effect on A+. It’s mostly simple steps that free up memory and processing power. 

Been ripping some new cds onto a Synology 216+. One cd, seems to have the Artist name burned onto the disk, as I cannot delete the name in Audirvana 3.5.15. So, the result is the disk, which is number 5 out of 22 does not appear with the rest of the works in the library view. Not sure If permanently burning an artists name onto a cd is possible??

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

1 hour ago, greyscale said:

Been ripping some new cds onto a Synology 216+. One cd, seems to have the Artist name burned onto the disk, as I cannot delete the name in Audirvana 3.5.15. So, the result is the disk, which is number 5 out of 22 does not appear with the rest of the works in the library view. Not sure If permanently burning an artists name onto a cd is possible??

Maybe try YATE to edit the metadata.

26 minutes ago, greyscale said:

DBPoweramp.

I don't know that one... but I use XLD and edit the basic metadata (like artist and album title) before the actual rip. Then after ripping, YATE to get all the metadata perfect BEFORE I put the files in a folder that Audirvana syncs. (I really don't like editing in Audirvana, so I try to get it all correct first.)

On 7/13/2019 at 9:32 PM, AudioDoctor said:

@elcorso Wow, a separate partition for each player is crazy obsessive...  ha.

I have zero problems as well, other than the stoppage at 8-9 seconds before the end of the track periodically with all players on one partition.

Haven’t had that early stop for a while now, probably since 3.5. 

On 7/14/2019 at 7:30 AM, DancingSea said:

Thanks for the idea. It just seems extreme to me given everything else but A+ works normally and well.  I wouldn’t want to risk messing up the harmony I otherwise have, especially given there are a number of other people on this forum experiencing similar A+ issues as me.   Hopefully Damien will give another idea besides the defrag feature which didn’t help. 

And the Mac OS audio optimization stuff would have no negative effect on A+. It’s mostly simple steps that free up memory and processing power. 

Which version of Audirvana do you have?

Is your stripped down of macOS preventing Audirvana from getting the updates?

You may want to use the "Check for updates…" command of the Audirvana menu to force checking for update (latest is 3.5.15).

There was in the early 3.5 versions some issues that look like to be similar to what you are experiencing, but they have been fixed for quite some time now.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

14 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Which version of Audirvana do you have?

Is your stripped down of macOS preventing Audirvana from getting the updates?

You may want to use the "Check for updates…" command of the Audirvana menu to force checking for update (latest is 3.5.15).

There was in the early 3.5 versions some issues that look like to be similar to what you are experiencing, but they have been fixed for quite some time now.

I have the update from a day or so ago, have been updating regularly.  The “strip down” part is not as sweeping as it seems.  Just took everything off the desktop, use launch pad instead of the dock, use a mono color desktop color instead of the dynamic ones in Mojave.  But WiFi and Bluetooth were left the same.  It freed up a bit of extra memory and reduced the processing load a wee bit, obsessive audiophile type stuff.....

Hi, 

I seem too have developed a problem with Audivarna on my Mac. 

I rip cds with XLD,  all tracks are accurate and complete in my folders.  But, when selected in Audivarna they often appear scrambled. For example, an album might start at track 2, have a couple of track 3s and a couple will be missing.

Any thoughts?

Gieseler Gros dac, Ultrarendu with Gieseler PSU, Audivarna, iMac

Elektra Reference  pre/power, B&W805 d3

Everything was working fine for me up through 3.5.12.  That all changed when I upgraded to 3.5.15 today.  Now any track I select plays audio for about 90 seconds and then the audio basically quits.  The progress bar still shows the track being played and randomly about every 15-45 seconds about 1 second of audio is sent to the DAC through the end of the track.  So on the screen everything looks fine, but audio output is basically nill after 90 seconds.  This happens for every artist/track I've selected.

Any idea on what might be happening and how I might be able to solve it?  As I mentioned, everything was working great through version 3.5.12.  I didn't upgrade to 3.5.13 or 3.5.14, so I don't know exactly what version this behavior would have started for my system.

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

I just upgraded to High Sierra from El Capitan.  I am running Audirvana 3.5.15.  I performed the High Sierra direct mode hack.  Everything worked as described in the 'hack" text.  I confirmed that the correct kext file is in the system/library/extensions folder.  The issue I am having is that I don't see the direct mode option in the Audirvana audio settings.  What am I missing?

Is there a way to check to see what files listed in your library do not have an actual audio file to actually play?  I know this runs contrary to how the library should work.  However, I have run across at least four instances of this where the Metadata is present yet the actual file - when I click on the folder icon for the Location field, is not present.  I am trying to track them all down in order to fill these holes.  Skip Count was my first thought but all of these with high numbers ended up being false positives.

On 7/19/2019 at 9:04 AM, audiocanyon said:

Everything was working fine for me up through 3.5.12.  That all changed when I upgraded to 3.5.15 today.  Now any track I select plays audio for about 90 seconds and then the audio basically quits. 

I increased the memory for A+ and rebooted my MacMini.  Problem solved.  Working and sounding great again.  Why didn't I reboot to begin with you wonder..... I have no idea.

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

I have the cut off issue every now and then.  I'm on 3.5.15 running High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac.  I know on an earlier release this was happening repeatedly, but now only every once in a while.  I usually close the app and restart otherwise it keeps happening on subsequent tracks of the same album.  Once cleared I'm good.