IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

18 hours ago, 57gold said:

Been enjoying A+ 3.5.15 but notice some upper midrange harshness in certain recordings and wonder if I have the SOX parameters optimized.  Kinda odd that some recordings sound startling clear and dynamic and others overly aggressive. As a longtime CA member, also have HQPlayer and PM, all cool stuff, and the aggressiveness of the problematic recordings is kept in check by th settings I use with them.  CA system - a Mac Mini AQ Coffee USB directly to a Mytek B+ with Keces DC -116 LPS powering it balanced outs to a McCormack DNA -500.

Appreciate any suggestions regarding SOX parameters.  Thanks.

Thought I was a member of CA...missed the name change.  Stylin'...

This is with the default settings, I'm assuming?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, bnbayer said:

To the RIGHT! I shouldn't post before coffee...

Thanks again........., I found said controls.

Now if someone would be willing to assist me in resolving the headless issue, between the Mac Mini | iPad Air 3?, it bring me joy. 😒

Regards,

O_o scar

5 hours ago, Jud said:

This is with the default settings, I'm assuming?

You'd think I woulda tried that.

I followed jimdukey's recommendation and moved slider to linear from 75% (must have seem somebody here recommend that value?), and seems to have removed the harshness I was feeling.  Thanks.

Tone with Soul

On 7/24/2019 at 4:51 AM, AudioDoctor said:

It probably is, the T2 chip, other than being a security feature, also takes the place of a lot of previous discrete controllers on the board, one of which is the audio controller. This "feature" is why I moved to network functionality rather than direct USB.

Is there also an increase in SQ when moving from direct USB to network functionality with Audirvana?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

27 minutes ago, matthias said:

Is there also an increase in SQ when moving from direct USB to network functionality with Audirvana?

Thanks

Matt

I think it depends on what you were using previously via USB and what you choose as a network interface. I have also not used Audirvana as a network player. I use ROON.

No electron left behind.

One feature I really like about Roon is that once I like (heart it) a track, or tracks, on a given album, once that curation is complete, I can come back later and “play favorites”.  I tap one thing and only my hearted tracks play.  A+ has the ability to love ❤️ a track, but does A+ have a “play favorites” feature?

17 hours ago, DancingSea said:

A+ has the ability to love ❤️ a track, but does A+ have a “play favorites” feature?

Click on "Favorites" on the left panel, then Tracks, and click on the play button of the first favorite track you want to play, followed by all the subsequent ones in the favorited tracks.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

5 hours ago, damien78 said:

Click on "Favorites" on the left panel, then Tracks, and click on the play button of the first favorite track you want to play, followed by all the subsequent ones in the favorited tracks.

I was wondering more about favorites on a particular album, not “all” my favorites in my whole library.  In Roon, I really really like being able to go to one album and quickly just play all my favorite tracks in that specific album.  Having that same function in A+ would be great.

The play a track/group "followed by 

1 hour ago, DancingSea said:

The play a track / group "followed by all the subsequent ones" seems to be a regular feature. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to play one track, or one group. I don't want "all the subsequent ones", I want the group I selected. 

There is no change on AU configuration between these two versions. But is there anything else that may have changed on your system? AU plug-in update?

Is it the same after a reboot?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 minute ago, damien78 said:

There is no change on AU configuration between these two versions. But is there anything else that may have changed on your system? AU plug-in update?

Is it the same after a reboot?

Thanks Damien.

Yes, after I deleted Preferences file and reboot. It must be my PC then. I have been playing with Dirac Live beta recently. It installs its own plugin. I will look into it and report back.

26 minutes ago, macuniverse said:

Thanks Damien.

Yes, after I deleted Preferences file and reboot. It must be my PC then. I have been playing with Dirac Live beta recently. It installs its own plugin. I will look into it and report back.

Update: I have deleted Dirac plugin and rebooted PC. No change, it still locks the plugin settings. I can pick but cannot modify them.

I also have A+ 3.2.16 still installed. I tested the same scenarios on 3.2.16 and, to my surprise, it works as expected. So my conclusion is the MacOS audio sub-system is OK.

Damien, hope this helps.

Hi Damien

When using the Dirac 1.x or Dirac 2.x beta AU plug-in in Audirvana 3.5.x, switching a track from one sample rate to another sample rate causes Audirvana to crash. If I press STOP before switching, then PLAY is OK. If I resample everything at the same sampling rate it's OK.

But in Audirnana 3.2.x it works perfectly.

It has been tested on MacMini 2011, MacMini 2014, MBP 2014 and OSX 10.10.x 10.11.x 10.14.x

1 minute ago, Dinamoe said:

I thought I had a handle on the following, but I read something recently that caused me to second-guess myself.

Is it at all necessary to adjust the Mac MIDI output bitrate when using Audirvana?

-Mike

Not at all. These are supersesed by the audio settings in Audirvana.

20 minutes ago, milva said:

Hi Damien

When using the Dirac 1.x or Dirac 2.x beta AU plug-in in Audirvana 3.5.x, switching a track from one sample rate to another sample rate causes Audirvana to crash. If I press STOP before switching, then PLAY is OK. If I resample everything at the same sampling rate it's OK.

But in Audirnana 3.2.x it works perfectly.

It has been tested on MacMini 2011, MacMini 2014, MBP 2014 and OSX 10.10.x 10.11.x 10.14.x

Can you send me the crash report by PM or email?

Hi...

One little question....

Since a few weeks my 3.5.6 version didn't seem to be able to go to the track playing while pressing "cmd L" on the keyboard....

Now I just upgrade the application to the newest version 3.5.16 and still the same problem....

P.S. even going from the menu, it doesn't work....

Can someone share a little light on my problem ?

Thank in advance....

DTM