IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

12 minutes ago, Vule said:

Presently I am running Audirvana 3.5.12  only on two devices Mac mini and MB Pro. 

A month ago I passed license from one Mac mini to this one which is in use now. Since then I haven’t tried Reveal because I was waiting for Audeze headphones to arrive. 

passed license...

you dehautorize the old one and put in new one?

or just leave the license on the old one and copy it to the new one also? that would be 2 licenses + the new macbook 3

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Wait for Damien to pop in or Send him a Private message  :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

19 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

That's really strange. Are you changing all sample rates to one sample rate? I can't think of another reason this would be happening.

No. I play all files at their native sample rate. No upsampling, downsampling, or format changes.

Perhaps because Audirvana is outputting to ethernet (UPnP) the options are different.

2 hours ago, bnbayer said:

No. I play all files at their native sample rate. No upsampling, downsampling, or format changes.

Perhaps because Audirvana is outputting to ethernet (UPnP) the options are different.

That's probably the likely culprit.

No electron left behind.

On 5/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, JML said:

Has anyone tried to use True-Fi from Soundworks (preset equalization for specific headphones) together with Audirvana 3.5.x?  I downloaded the trial version, and the application shows up in Audirvana along with other DACs, but I cannot get it it to work with my external Oppo HA-1 DAC/Amp connected via USB. Audirvana gives me a choice of one output target, and the True-Fi support site says only to turn off "Exclusive Access" in Audirvana, but that doesn't work to get signal to the Oppo.

I got True-Fi to work by turning off the SysOptimizer in Audirvana (in addition to Exclusive Access).

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One
OPPO HA-1; MERIDIAN Explorer2; MERIDIAN Explorer; & AUDIOQUEST Jitterbugs 
SONY NW-WM1A (Double Helix Molecule SE balanced cable for OPPO PM-3)
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Incline speakers & ProSub800 subwoofer
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (13,3); Audirvana Plus 3.x; & AIFF files

A Few issues still in Audirvana Version 3.5.13 

1) When activating Realtime Control or configure audio units(for apple AUGRAPHIC EQ) my midi output is switched from the Dac to Multi-output device, eg no sound, when trying to switch it off , it crashes.

2)having added new tracks to library -Albums replay Gain is not working.

3)shuffle keeps playing the same group of songs-needs switching on /off a few times to get variation.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:31 PM, acatala said:

I have found a couple of minor errors in Audirvana 3.5. They can be seen in the Spanish translation version. I have made a couple of screen captures to show them:

cap01.png: The label "Listas de reproducción" (Playlists) is too wide to be shown. Its far too long in Spanish that in English. It should be taken into account. Besides, I don't like that "PISTAS"  is all un uppercase, "álbumes" all in lowercase and "Listas  de reproducción" is in first uppercase only. I think a homogeneous style would be more appropiated. Particularly, I like first uppercase style.

cap02.png: The word "CONECCIONES" is mispelled, the correct term is "CONEXIONES".

cap01.png

cap02.png

Version 3.5.13. The problem remains the same.

5 minutes ago, acatala said:

Version 3.5.13. The problem remains the same.

Now fixed for next release.

Is "Playlists" ok in Spanish (instead of "Listas de reproduccion") ?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

2 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Now fixed for next release.

Is "Playlists" ok in Spanish (instead of "Listas de reproduccion") ?

Thanks @damien78!!

The translation is correct (actually "Listas de reproducción"), the problem is the size for holding the label is too short. If you could give it more space would be perfect. In case this was not possible, you could use a shorter label, for example "Listas" or even the original term "Playlists". In Spanish, sometimes we don't translate IT-related terms.

On 6/17/2019 at 4:30 AM, damien78 said:

Thank you all for these reports on PCM to DSD noise. This is something that happens with only some DAC models. Fortunately I have one of those and I've been able to reproduce, and fix this issue.

The fix will then be in upcoming 3.5.13

@damien78 

I just updated to 3.5.13 and now, when upsampling PCM to DSD128, I get a fairly pronounced 'click' between each track.  It did not do this before.  Is there any way I can go back to 3.5.12?

22 minutes ago, Kurt said:

@damien78 

I just updated to 3.5.13 and now, when upsampling PCM to DSD128, I get a fairly pronounced 'click' between each track.  It did not do this before.  Is there any way I can go back to 3.5.12?

I quit the application, restarted it and, so far, no clicks between tracks.  

35 minutes ago, Kurt said:

when upsampling PCM to DSD128, I get a fairly pronounced 'click' between each track.  It did not do this before.

After the update to 3.5.13, I get a pretty pronounced "click" between each track, with a simple playback of DSD64 files.

It never happened before.

DAC plays DSD over PCM.

MacMini 2018 - Lynx Hilo LT-TB (TeddyPardo PSU) - Unison Research SH - Sennheiser HD800

4 hours ago, Andrey said:

After the update to 3.5.13, I get a pretty pronounced "click" between each track, with a simple playback of DSD64 files.

It never happened before.

DAC plays DSD over PCM.

I'm having the same issue; a pronounced click between each track with native DSD files that I did not have before 3.5.13.  If I play something that is 3 channel (or 2 channel) DSD, I sometimes get a squawk through the unused channels when I start and stop play.  It sounds a bit like a fire alarm.  

On 6/18/2019 at 9:28 AM, JML said:

I got True-Fi to work by turning off the SysOptimizer in Audirvana (in addition to Exclusive Access).

But True-Fi crashes too frequently, and even Audirvana has crashed when trying to use True-Fi.  The combination even screwed up my computer's other audio output options by causing it to not play any audio from any source without being rebooted, regardless of settings in System Preferences.  [sigh]

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One
OPPO HA-1; MERIDIAN Explorer2; MERIDIAN Explorer; & AUDIOQUEST Jitterbugs 
SONY NW-WM1A (Double Helix Molecule SE balanced cable for OPPO PM-3)
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Incline speakers & ProSub800 subwoofer
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (13,3); Audirvana Plus 3.x; & AIFF files

Audirvana with mojave question. My 2017 MBP is running Sierra, I've avoided High Sierra having seen bad reports and have been satisfied with the performance of Audirvana 3.5 with Sierra. Now there is another OSX update coming is it a good idea to move to Mojave for now or is that a mistake and would I be better staying with Sierra.

I'd be grateful for the benefit of your experience.

I run AV, HQ, Audiogate, Finale and Decibal on High Sierra.

I can't imagine what the problems might be.

I had Sierra preciously, didn't noticed any difference when

moving to HS.

Actually, I've heard of problems with Mojave on some software, I guess Finale.

They are up to Catalina now, but i don't think my Computer ( 2013 iMac ) is compatible.

I heard the current Macs have some kind of chip problem that messes up Computer Audio.

I would hate to buy a new computer, only to have it have unforeseen problems!

I'm riding into the Sunset on my current setup...

On 6/17/2019 at 1:30 AM, damien78 said:

Thank you all for these reports on PCM to DSD noise. This is something that happens with only some DAC models. Fortunately I have one of those and I've been able to reproduce, and fix this issue.

The fix will then be in upcoming 3.5.13

When I installed 3.5.13, the problem with the pulses appeared to be gone.  But I regret to report that, after a few days, it returned.  It only happened once, thus far.  But it was the same behavior that I reported in an earlier post.  Loud pop when changing PCM to DSD.  No music from DSD, and then another pop when changing back to PCM.

This is with a Macbook Pro (Retina 15", Late 2013) running Mojave (10.14.5), Direct Mode enabled.  The computer feeds an Oppo UDP-205, via its USB DAC input.

I have a 2018 MacBook Pro with the T2 chip running the latest version of Mojave and have no problems at all with the audio.  That being said there was an initial problem with audio dropouts (over USB 2.0) when Mojave was first released.  That problem has been fixed although it took Apple about 4 months to finally fix the issue.  There are also people who have had speaker (maybe hardware) issues with their Macs.  If you upgrade to Mojave I would recommend a fresh install of the OS for best results.  At this point I would say Mojave is quite stable and works well with the latest release of Audirvana (still some quirky issues with Audirvana itself though).      

MacBook Pro (w/Audirvana) > ifi micro iUSB3.0 > Chord Qutest > Violectric HPA V280 > Ether C Flow 1.1 

5 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

So Mojave/Direct Mode is with the Kext Hack?

Or does Mojave not need it?

If you want Direct Mode in Mojave you will still need the Kext Hack.

But I don't use it myself.

MacBook Pro (w/Audirvana) > ifi micro iUSB3.0 > Chord Qutest > Violectric HPA V280 > Ether C Flow 1.1