IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

1 hour ago, Slaphead said:

Well, I've given it a few days, but I'm going back to 3.2.

3.5 is totally unintuitive, fails when loading audio units, and the interface redesign sucks - we're running this on a computer, not a bloody smartphone.

OK, I understand that with big changes come big problems and a certain amount readjustment, but honestly if I had any hair I'd be tearing it out using 3.5.

I'm going further back to 2.6.9!

I (somewhat stupidly in hindsight, as Damian refuses to give me a refund) purchased 3.5 without trialing it first, as I figured from my positive experience with Audirvana up until now it'd be a safe purchase. Instead there's an interface which looks somewhat mobile-phone-esque  compared to the rather elegant, simple and intuitive design we had before. I've also got a problem in that my (thankfully, quite small) collection of MP3 albums all display as if there's no metadata at all. FLAC, ALAC and AAC files which constitute the majority of my collection are fine. None of these MP3 albums presented any problems with earlier versions of Audirvana, iTunes or Moode on my Pi. So as far as I'm concerned it's an Audirvana 3.5 problem. I got in touch with Damian a week back but haven't heard anything all week so have now gone back to using 2.6.9, and will just have to accept the fact I've paid £40 for an upgrade I'm not going to be using (unless these issues get resolved and the interface improved). At least I've learned my lesson to always trial before paying!

1 hour ago, JML said:

In the Playlists, the first column is titled "TRAC" and one more letter can't really ruin the interface, to say "TRACK" (I hope).  I've been manually recreating playlists, because I cannot import playlists from iTunes and my previous playlists were emptied when I had to redo the database to get a missing album to appear.  [SIGH]

try to modify the column width

track.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system

Just gave up trying to use A+ 3.5, instead of Roon.  Used to have it down, switching back and forth between Roon and the old A+.  Knew all the settings etc. no problem.  Not any more.  Spent the past half hour fiddling around, trying this and that.  Where did the manual go? Sure it must be there, somewhere. Nothing worked.... 

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

I should mention that I’m a microrendu user, so not a direct Mac —>Dac connection.  Which means a few extra steps.  Might try again over the weekend. 

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Nothing against you my friend, just about people not looking a bit before seeing something new and not trying to see what they are not used to before making complains. I made a lot of complains in lay out or bugs not happy to me to Damien in beta downloading testing, not all changed now, but i'm i all good at what i say to him, can't say ?

but i can't find anything at first that wasn't there in 3.2.x that is not there in 3.5...

Yes layout changed, is it better or less for all of you ? but all the options from 3.2.x to 3.5 are there for sure (i think :) )

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

23 hours ago, Thibaw said:

Upgrade to 3.5 was a pretty seamless installation and its now sounding terrific. However, it stops after each track and I need to manually advance to next track. This never happened with previous version.

Any ideas?

I updated to 3.5.6 this morning and everything seems good - no recurrence of the problem. 

Gieseler Gros dac, Ultrarendu with Gieseler PSU, Audivarna, iMac

Elektra Reference  pre/power, B&W805 d3

8 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

I should mention that I’m a microrendu user, so not a direct Mac —>Dac connection.  Which means a few extra steps.  Might try again over the weekend. 

If it offers any encouragement, I also have a microRendu and am running without problems.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

For the folks who have problems syncing - are you adding files when Audirvana is running or when it's not?  Just wondering if adding files when running creates more opportunity to screw up database.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hello,

I am new to this forum so sorry if the questions have already been asked.

I have the same issues keep coming over with the various versions of 3.5

- I am upsampling to DSD128 and have either blanks or sounds getting "acid" during listenning

- The remote APP keeps on crashing when selecting something in the Qobuz menu

- In the remote APP, I have hundreds of albums and the cover do not appear when scrolling dow (or up) when for instance I am in the favorite menu of Qobuz part.

Does anybody have the same issues? did you found a soution (I asked Damien but no reply....)?

Many thanks in advance.

Just wanted to say thank you to Damien for fixing the orphaned metadata from MP3 albums issue which was driving me crazy in Audirvana. He determined it was an issue with Finder creating extra file names when using an external ExFAT drive (which I am), so all looking neat and tidy again now. I still vastly prefer the looks of version 2.8 but I guess I'll get used to this new one in time. But the main thing is it's working properly now. So thank you and top marks to Damien for sorting this out.

50 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@AudioDoctor @RunHomeSlow my sentiments exactly see my post #708 BYW do either of you have any thoughts of my question on post#713? Seems to have been ignored among all the complaints mine is just a question.

the new montra for A+3.5 should be KISS

Can't help you with that bug and not able to play MQA files

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

12 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

but i can't find anything at first that wasn't there in 3.2.x that is not there in 3.5...

Yes layout changed, is it better or less for all of you ? but all the options from 3.2.x to 3.5 are there for sure (i think :) )

How do you play groups in 3.5? In previous versions you could drag onto the play queue - not a solution I liked, but it least it was a possibility. In 3.5 I can't drag anything to the play queue from the library or a play list. And after all these years, there are still no play controls on the group header.

I listen almost exclusively to classical, and practically everything I listen to has multiple tracks for a single piece (often only 3 - 5 tracks, but often 20 or more). Groups makes it easy - on other players. Adding the tracks one at a time on A+ is a pain.

Also, there are no play controls for an album that is selected. You can either see the track listing, or control the album, but not both. Again, 3.2.x had these controls. 

2 hours ago, tgoarant said:

- The remote APP keeps on crashing when selecting something in the Qobuz menu

I've had this occasionally when selecting Qobuz search, but not lately.  Maybe something network related, I don't know.

The remote app will be getting reworked (though right now of course the player is the focus), so I'm not overly concerned.

Edit: Same with some album covers not appearing in the remote (at least immediately; I find they often do, given time) - perhaps something to do with network responsiveness, but I'm waiting for the remote app to be redone before concerning myself more with its performance in this regard.

About the selection to keep the screen from going to sleep:

I like to use the Energy Saver ( Mac ) to turn off the screen when listening.

Any downside to that?

I can't hear a difference, W/Wo screen on,

but am curious that AV seems to want it on.

AV3.5 is working great with my Lampizator Euforia, but the Mytek kept losing it's prefs, and reverting to only DSD 64.

Fixable, but have to repeat it too much.

Very happy with AV/Lampi however!

46 minutes ago, bnbayer said:

How do you play groups in 3.5? In previous versions you could drag onto the play queue - not a solution I liked, but it least it was a possibility. In 3.5 I can't drag anything to the play queue from the library or a play list. And after all these years, there are still no play controls on the group header.

I listen almost exclusively to classical, and practically everything I listen to has multiple tracks for a single piece (often only 3 - 5 tracks, but often 20 or more). Groups makes it easy - on other players. Adding the tracks one at a time on A+ is a pain.

Using track listing, select multiple tracks - using shift, ctrl, whatever you prefer.  Then hover over the left side of one of the tracks, which will bring up the Play, Favorite, and More (3 dots) buttons.  Click the More button and select Add to Play Queue from the menu. 

In this way, you can play whatever groups of tracks you like.  It just substitutes clicking More and selecting Add to Play Queue for drag and drop.  The action of selecting a group of tracks is identical to what you would have done in previous versions.

Having just upgraded to the latest version, I’ve noticed that several albums now seem to be split in two, with the majority of tracks on one album & then a duplicate with 3 tracks on it. Never had this with Audirvana plus.

I might try re-syncing with my iTunes library to see if that cures it. Anyone else experienced this & if so what’s the cure?

6 hours ago, Marten said:

That makes no difference Jud. But I can tell you and all others that I contacted Damien and we are  trying to solve the synching problem. . 

The synching problem is here for 99% fixed. I think Damien will soon come with an update.

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

20 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

try to modify the column width

track.jpeg

Tried that before, and it didn't work, but now it does.  Thanks.

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One
OPPO HA-1; MERIDIAN Explorer2; MERIDIAN Explorer; & AUDIOQUEST Jitterbugs 
SONY NW-WM1A (Double Helix Molecule SE balanced cable for OPPO PM-3)
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Incline speakers & ProSub800 subwoofer
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (13,3); Audirvana Plus 3.x; & AIFF files
3 hours ago, alfamatt said:

Having just upgraded to the latest version, I’ve noticed that several albums now seem to be split in two, with the majority of tracks on one album & then a duplicate with 3 tracks on it. Never had this with Audirvana plus.

I’ve had that in v2, right up to 2.6.9, and put it down to a metadata glitch, though no amount of scrutiny found the cause. It was one of my reasons for wanting browsing by file structure, and forever frustrated. Now that with the new version I can set the first search criterion to be file location, my split albums have magically unsplit. (Thanks, Damien!). If only everything including filenames could be as in my file structure all would be perfect, imperfect metadata be blowed!

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)