IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

And now. Recomputing.
Nothing strange happens.
But my new files comes not automatically in the database.

Schermafbeelding 2019-04-30 om 11.49.51.png

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

8 hours ago, Dandaman said:

I use an Exasound e-22 DAC which comes with a proprietary Mac driver from the company.  I'm thinking I still need this driver installed for the mac to recognize what hardware I'm using.  I can and do use Direct Mode.  Am I in effect using the Exasound driver to identify the hardware to the mac but then substituting Direct Mode to handle the sound?  I am doubtful I could take the Exasound driver off the mac and still play the music.

The exaSound software should have no effect on Audirvana, regardless of whether Audirvana is using Direct Mode or regular Core Audio mode.

The exaSound software includes an ASIO driver and some software for controlling a few settings on the DAC (automatic shutoff time, maximum volume level, and toggling between ASIO and Core Audio).  I believe HQP is the only music player that uses the ASIO driver.  Audirvana uses Mac Core Audio (even in Direct Mode, just a much smaller subset of Core Audio).  Therefore, I expect Audirvana should work fine without installing the exaSound software, regardless of whether you use Audirvana's Direct Mode.  If you see the exaSound DAC in Audio MIDI Setup without the exaSound software installed, Audirvana should see it too.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Deleted - answered by Bob.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

The exaSound software should have no effect on Audirvana, regardless of whether Audirvana is using Direct Mode or regular Core Audio mode.

The exaSound software includes an ASIO driver and some software for controlling a few settings on the DAC (automatic shutoff time, maximum volume level, and toggling between ASIO and Core Audio).  I believe HQP is the only music player that uses the ASIO driver.  Audirvana uses Mac Core Audio (even in Direct Mode, just a much smaller subset of Core Audio).  Therefore, I expect Audirvana should work fine without installing the exaSound software, regardless of whether you use Audirvana's Direct Mode.  If you see the exaSound DAC in Audio MIDI Setup without the exaSound software installed, Audirvana should see it too.

Thanks!  That is more than I knew.  I knew about the ASIO & HQP, but had only guessed at how much Direct Mode might be standing in for the Exasound driver.  I probably won't test Audirvana without the Exasound driver for now - it's nice to be able to route hi-rez music seller's samples on various web pages thru the DAC.

The lines left of speaker icon, bottom right

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Have you done database maintenance and/or deleted your old preferences?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, hykhleif said:

it feels so unresponsive with tidal and in general not happy now, knowing i have macbook pro 2018 the highest specs

when i press .on songs to play on tidal it literally takes more than 10 seconds to respond

i feel the software is choking

edit: I updated my software its responding better now, but my macbook is running hot and the fans are on like crazy

also audeze reval plugin does not work

i am using chord hugo2 as dac and ifi ican pro amp and hifiman headphones 

3 hours ago, hykhleif said:

edit: I updated my software its responding better now, but my macbook is running hot and the fans are on like crazy

also audeze reval plugin does not work

i am using chord hugo2 as dac and ifi ican pro amp and hifiman headphones 

For your MacBook running hot please reset SMC:

How to Reset SMC on MacBook Air & MacBook Pro (2018 or later)
  1. Go to the  Apple menu and choose “Shut Down” to turn off the Mac.
  2. After the Mac is turned off, press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
  3. Release holding the power button, then wait a few more seconds.
  4. Now press the Power button again to turn the Mac on.

Good luck,

Roch

52 minutes ago, elcorso said:

For your MacBook running hot please reset SMC

My understanding is that resetting SMC solves the problem of the fans running fast even when the Mac is cool.  In this case, the Mac is hot, so the fans are running fast for good reason, so I don’t think resetting SMC is relevant.

I suggest opening Activity Monitor and sorting by CPU usage to see what process is consuming 90% or more CPU.  If it's not obvious that a particular process is at fault, try restarting the Mac while holding down the Shift key until the Apple logo appears.  This clears caches.  Then restart the Mac a 2nd time normally, without the Shift key.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Damien - this is exactly why I stopped using A+.  Complete, stress-inducing BS.  

I'll try to calm down so that I can articulate my frustrations  clearly. ....

1) I simply want to upgrade my A+ software to 3.5.  

2) I need the license code

3) I've lost the license code when I changed computer 

4) I've changed email address since buying the license - so I can't login to 2checkout

5) Audirvana has no contact address 

Damien - please sort this mess out before I lose my mind.

Thank you

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

The BS gets deeper....

I just spoke to to 2checkout - the company that's supposed to be able to retrieve license numbers, according to Audirvana's website.  Well, they politely explained that they can't supply Audirvana license numbers. I should contact Audirvana.

Great, isn't it?

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

8 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

[email protected]

Lighten up Dude.

Do you have any idea how many posts and emails Damien is getting right now?

Thanks Dude. He must be getting a vast amount.  

11 hours ago, jimdukey said:

AV 3.5 is not retaining Prefs for Mytek.

It's back to only getting DSD 64.

Disappointing, but I have Lampi and Mac.

@damien78 that would actually be a great feature if A+ would be able to remember different settings for different DACs. I regularly switch between my main system DAC at home and my Dragonfly Red while on the road using different up sampling settings for both. 

Damien, could you add this to your list of feature requests?

11 hours ago, hykhleif said:

it feels so unresponsive with tidal and in general not happy now, knowing i have macbook pro 2018 the highest specs

when i press .on songs to play on tidal it literally takes more than 10 seconds to respond

i feel the software is choking

With one of the early Betas I also had long loading times for Qobuz. This completely disappeared now. I’ve seen other anecdotal reports of long streaming load times in the A+ forum, that Damien wasn’t able to reproduce. Maybe it is a system/network dependent issue that is not generally reproducible.

@damien78

From a German music blog:
Ich habe Audirvana immer gerne benutzt und hatte keinerlei Issues. Seit Version 3.5 funktioniert die Synchronisierung leider nicht mehr. Meine Musik ist auf einem NAS gespeichert (rund 26k Alben). Audirvana liest jetzt nur noch rund die Hälfte ein. Völlig beliebig werden bestimmte Artists und deren Alben einfach ignoriert. So leider ziemlich unbrauchbar.

As you can see I'm not the only one with synching problems. I tried it many times but now I can say 3.5.5 is not a stable version. Music playing and GUI are ok. But synching was good in 2.6 but as the German blog says 3.5.5 is "unbrauchbar". What means if you don't know unusable. Damien can you give at least a reaction and tell me if you will repair that soon? You will not believe how many times I installed the new versions again. I just decided to stop with 3.5.5 and use from now on 2.6.9 without synching problems. 

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.

sonos-amp.jpg

19 hours ago, jimdukey said:

How much input do you figure Damien is getting right now?

He can't hold everyone's Hand...

yeah, since 2 years or so.

I've placed a very basic question about Dither and processing in Audirvana - very easy to answer. Nothing to fix, nothing to think about - simple answer. Things that would normally be outlined in a manual.

Meanwhile one or two new updates have been released... which included usability improvements.

But hey... maybe Audirvana is now more targeted at users that favour easy GUIs over great audio quality.

I for one care about both...

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

21 minutes ago, copy_of_a said:

yeah, since 2 years or so.

I've placed a very basic question about Dither and processing in Audirvana - very easy to answer. Nothing to fix, nothing to think about - simple answer. Things that would normally be outlined in a manual.

Meanwhile one or two new updates have been released... which included usability improvements.

But hey... maybe Audirvana is now more targeted at users that favour easy GUIs over great audio quality.

I for one care about both...

Version 3.5 came to early as official version. 

sonos-amp.jpg

On 4/29/2019 at 12:52 AM, 57gold said:

Thanks. 

Clicked on it and only saw my DAC selected, didn't see that there was more to do.

Noticed that Damien now recommends SOX...haven't spent much time monkeying with those settings.  Can anyone suggest good settings for a Maytek B+?

Thanks again bnbayer.

I have a Schiit multibit dac with Izotope settings and would also like SOX setting recommendations... or just Izotope as an option in 3.5.x

My settings for 3.2.x were: 

Steepness: 132

Filter Max: 500,000

Cutoff 1.00

Antialiasing 200

Pre-ringing 0.75

Forced upsamling: None

Thanks!