IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Several people seem to have had syncing problems solved by 3.5.7 -  that's great! Unfortunately, I didn't have any syncing problems until 3.5.7, but now I'm missing probably 1000 albums.  Quite a number of them were albums I just played yesterday with 3.5.6, but that's probably a coincidence.

A very strange thing (to me, at least), is that when I quit 3.5.7 and tried opening 3.2.16, it was now missing the same albums.

I have tried quitting and re-syncing, and I've tried throwing away Library files (the database and preferences com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist) but no change. I think I missed something, though, as I didn't have to re-enter my license code. It did say it needed to migrate my database to the new version [again], however if it was taking the 3.2 db, that was missing the same albums.

What else do I need to try to get it to sync my whole library?

3.57 killed my whole library. at start it says 3 migration needs to be made...click, but no library at all.

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

A look at under library/application support/audirvana reveals the AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite has gone and is now 256kb, formerly 2,6GB. Copied a backup to this direction and now Audirvana finally sees my library again.

MacBook Pro/ WS2019/AO /Roon & HAF - AudioPC ; Mutec mc-3+ usb - Yggdrasil - Ragnarok - Ecouton LQL 200 ; IMac/win10&AO Roon Core - ControlPC

Another anomaly - not as serious as the missing albums, but indicative of some database malfunction: Sorting by "Last Played Date", I get the tracks I played yesterday (04/05/2019), then it jumps back a month, to 17/04/2019. In fact it was played AT LEAST 5 hours every day, so a bunch of data is lost. One symphony (13 tracks) I played on Friday evening, but it shows last played on 18 March. I'm sure it was played another couple of times between March and Friday as well, but that data is lost.

On 5/3/2019 at 8:07 PM, OldBigEars said:

whenever I open up the home screen the columns are all messed up.  the library column on the left is invisible and the filter column on the right is half the entire screen.  first thing I have to do is adjust the screen, every time....wtf?

I'm sure there's a solution - just let me know, thanks

Just wondering if anyone can suggest why - whenever I restart A+ - the left hand side of the page (with the library, Tidal etc) is minimalized?  And the right hand side with the filters is extended to the whole right half of the screen.  So every time I turn on have to reset the home screen settings.

How do you set it so that it opens up in the 'normal way' ?  Thanks.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Given up on 3.5. Gone back to 3.2.16 & the issue, where several albums were split into most tracks one one album with 2 or 3 songs on another copy has gone.

Shame, but 3.5, even the latest version had too many bugs in it for me. Several hours of checking settings, re-syncing the library etc etc did not cure it.

Change for changes sake.

Point taken.

I’ve  been an Audirvana user for a fair few years now. Always preferred it to the competition.

However, my tolerance for “one step forwards, Two steps backwards” is pretty limited.

Even if the newest iteration sounded better, if it mucks up the library & I can’t get it sorted out after a few good hours of trying, it’s not for me.

Disappointing & frustrating in equal measure.

I’ve encountered a strange condition with 3.5.7 when using the iOS app to search in Qobuz. After making a selection from the search results the screen goes dark with “loading” logo and never completes. Meanwhile Audirvana on the Mac (Mojave) freezes and continues playing until the memory is exhausted. The app must be restarted. I do not encounter this when searching in Tidal with the IOS app nor in Qobuz with the Mac app. I did not encounter this with 3.5.5.

1 hour ago, alfamatt said:

Point taken.

I’ve  been an Audirvana user for a fair few years now. Always preferred it to the competition.

However, my tolerance for “one step forwards, Two steps backwards” is pretty limited.

Even if the newest iteration sounded better, if it mucks up the library & I can’t get it sorted out after a few good hours of trying, it’s not for me.

Disappointing & frustrating in equal measure.

Absolutely, I wasn't arguing at all with your experience, just disappointed along with you that it wasn't better, as mine and others' have been.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 5/4/2019 at 2:24 PM, Nico said:

Do you ask me or Damien?

I am not sure about your question - but in 3.2 the PlayQueue never was sortable in any way and that was good so. Drag&Drop was perfect in 3.2.

Apologies, my mistake - the preference setting I remembered was to sort manual playlists, not (I assume) the PlayQueue.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Nevertheless, I very much appreciate the 3.5 version, in particular for it's greatly improved search in Qobuz. Bravo!

Although sound is the highest priority for most of us here, I can fully understand the approach to focus on the user interface for this update to compete with the iTunes Remote App and to attract more customers.

I am confident that library import issues (which I didn't encounter or realise yet) and the freeze problem will be solved.

I don't hear a significant change in sound compared to 3.2.x, probably since I still stick to iZotope with gentle filter steepness and a somewhat lower bandwidth. Thanks for keeping iZotope. To me it sounds more pure, cleaner though a bit less brilliant than SoX with standard settings. Didn't play with the SoX filter settings yet, but if I understand correctly, you cannot directly choose filter steepness there...

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Absolutely, I wasn't arguing at all with your experience, just disappointed along with you that it wasn't better, as mine and others' have been.

I also immediately liked the 3.5 sonics. I had been largely using hqp to dsd256 & I now prefer my pcm in A3.5 - but not the dsf64 files which I understand still just play as is (no upsampling?) ... /& I have a huge amount of them.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

15 minutes ago, Piano Man said:

but if I understand correctly, you cannot directly choose filter steepness there...

See what the anti-aliasing setting does for you.

1 hour ago, pdvm said:

I like the sound of 3.5, but I don't like the new interface at all.

+1 same here.

When working with tracks, much more mouse action and scrolling is necessary than with 3.2.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

I have 4 NAS drives with music. 
Two of them are in the settings on AUTO and the others on MANUAL.
All drives are playing music but I can't sync these MANUAL drives.
What to do?

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

2 hours ago, pdvm said:

I like the sound of 3.5, but I don't like the new interface at all. Look at all the real estate in the older version. You could actually read the whole title of a track.

74793958_Schermafbeelding2019-05-06om09_46_23.thumb.png.0ff36ed7cec1e578543dcef4abaea232.png

Now look at the new thing. How much less information is visible. Why does everything need to take so much space? Why is there a 'cover flow' thingy right where track information should be? Why are the 'hidden' play/favorite/more options buttons taking up almost a quarter of the remaining horizontal space, where, again, track information should be visible? What's playing? I guess there's a 1-by-1 inch box in the lower left corner where, if you concentrate for 30 seconds, you can decipher the full title of a track, as it scrolls by. Why are all the play/next/stop buttons a different size?

I love Audirvana, but I don't like this Spotify-like UI at all. Please, Damien, don't turn it into Spotify.

460163434_Schermafbeelding2019-05-06om09_47_07.thumb.png.3606e7afcb62fa5344ae1aae7433ecb5.png

+1

5 hours ago, pdvm said:

I like the sound of 3.5, but I don't like the new interface at all. Look at all the real estate in the older version. You could actually read the whole title of a track.

74793958_Schermafbeelding2019-05-06om09_46_23.thumb.png.0ff36ed7cec1e578543dcef4abaea232.png

Now look at the new thing. How much less information is visible. Why does everything need to take so much space? Why is there a 'cover flow' thingy right where track information should be? Why are the 'hidden' play/favorite/more options buttons taking up almost a quarter of the remaining horizontal space, where, again, track information should be visible? What's playing? I guess there's a 1-by-1 inch box in the lower left corner where, if you concentrate for 30 seconds, you can decipher the full title of a track, as it scrolls by. Why are all the play/next/stop buttons a different size?

I love Audirvana, but I don't like this Spotify-like UI at all. Please, Damien, don't turn it into Spotify.

460163434_Schermafbeelding2019-05-06om09_47_07.thumb.png.3606e7afcb62fa5344ae1aae7433ecb5.png

+1

Also, I'd like to report that version 3.5.7 crashes a lot, usually when I press the stop button or try to play another album when something is already playing.

My macbook is a retina 13inch late 2013 with 4GB RAM running macOS 10.14.4, no other programs save Safari running simultaneously with A+.

47 minutes ago, pdvm said:

Also, I'd like to report that version 3.5.7 crashes a lot, usually when I press the stop button or try to play another album when something is already playing.

My macbook is a retina 13inch late 2013 with 4GB RAM running macOS 10.14.4, no other programs save Safari running simultaneously with A+.

+ 1.  I am having same problem ... worked perfect with 3.5.6 and before.  Crashes almost after every album ... app does not shut off ... just everything stops working like searching in Qobuz or playing next album and then works again after restarting App .

( macOS 10.13.6 )

Is anyone upsampling 44.1kHz (Tidal) to DSD256 on Audirvana 3.5 without issue?

I had been running a 2009 MacBook Pro  and upsampling successfully to DSD128.  I am now using a 2017 MacBook Pro I5 w/ 2.4 KabyLake processor and hoped to be able to upsample to DSD256.  But I have intermittent dropouts and pops. The dropouts are roughly every 30 seconds or so.  I haven't found any settings of Izotope or Sox that solve the problem.  My latest Izotope settings are:

Steepness     150dB

Filter Length 1,000,000

Cutoff freq    1x Nyquist

Antialiasing   200

Pre-ringing     0.75

Filter type      C

Safe vol         -4db

When running activity monitor, I see that the CPU is about 63% used and 37% idle. Is my new MacBook still too under-powered for DSD256 upsampling?

15 minutes ago, Cornell77 said:

Is anyone upsampling 44.1kHz (Tidal) to DSD256 on Audirvana 3.5 without issue?

I had been running a 2009 MacBook Pro  and upsampling successfully to DSD128.  I am now using a 2017 MacBook Pro I5 w/ 2.4 KabyLake processor and hoped to be able to upsample to DSD256.  But I have intermittent dropouts and pops. The dropouts are roughly every 30 seconds or so.  I haven't found any settings of Izotope or Sox that solve the problem.  My latest Izotope settings are:

Steepness     150dB

Filter Length 1,000,000

Cutoff freq    1x Nyquist

Antialiasing   200

Pre-ringing     0.75

Filter type      C

Safe vol         -4db

When running activity monitor, I see that the CPU is about 63% used and 37% idle. Is my new MacBook still too under-powered for DSD256 upsampling?

Hard for me to think a 2017 model wouldn't get it, since I'm upsampling Qobuz to DSD256 with what you used to have, a 2009 MacBook Pro.  I do have to wait awhile for the first track to convert and load completely into memory, but after that it's fine.

Suggestions: Try SoX with the shortest possible filter length. If it still happens, see if pausing for 20 seconds at the beginning of the first track to give the conversion a head start will work.