IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

14 minutes ago, bnbayer said:

A sync in 3.5.8 does not load my missing 900 albums. Still stops in the same place. 

Can you run checks on the drive that has the folders missing? Like using "S.O.S." of Disk Utility?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

22 minutes ago, Cornell77 said:

Thanks. Jud confirms that DSD256 upsampling works on El Capitan (I believe) on his 2009 MacBook Pro.  It would be good to know if DSD256 upsampling also works with Mojave.

Don't know how, but my DSD256 DAC has just come back to life!

So I'm now listening to 44.1 => DSD256 upsampled in Mojave and with no issue :) 

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

2 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Don't know how, but my DSD256 DAC has just come back to life!

So I'm now listening to 44.1 => DSD256 upsampled in Mojave and with no issue :) 

Nice!  Listen for a bit as my "stutters" sometimes occur only every minute or two.  But at this point, it is best that I eliminate the USB C to USB A adapter with a dedicated USB C to USB B cable.  I hope that is the culprit.

10 minutes ago, Cornell77 said:

Nice!  Listen for a bit as my "stutters" sometimes occur only every minute or two.  But at this point, it is best that I eliminate the USB C to USB A adapter with a dedicated USB C to USB B cable.  I hope that is the culprit.

Still listening to Alexandre Tharaud greatly playing the Scarlatti Sonatas (now in track #7), upsampled in DSD256. No stutter or anything in the path of enjoyment :D 

I hope for you the cable replacement solves it.

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

Can you run checks on the drive that has the folders missing? Like using "S.O.S." of Disk Utility?

Nothing is missing from the drive. I can see the files in the Finder, and play them through UPnP with HEOS. I can even drag them onto the 3.5.8 play queue and they play. But a sync (MANY syncs) doesn't add them to the library.

@stefano_mbp thanks but it won’t ‘pair’ with desktop app how exactly can you get it to’pair’? Not a big deal but would like to have the option of using the remote if i am not in the room-it is a nice feature now have ver 3.58-have done nothing different with my rather simple setup since upgrading from A+3 to A+3.5(late 2012 Mac Mini i7 16GB RAM usb out to ME2 and Gungnir DACs use Apple time capsule WiFi works perfectly  no dropouts pauses or crashes and speed is astounding 600+

4 hours ago, damien78 said:

I've just released 3.5.8 with few fixes:

• Fix filters view incorrect width moving other views

• Fix iTunes playlists import

• Fix multichannel Audio Unit processing

Always appreciated, Damien.  I've been meaning to report this as I believe this got changed a couple of releases ago but wanted to install the latest version in the event it was addressed indirectly.  

The Sort Criteria order is locked in Ascending.  Even when you seek to choose Descending - attempted from both my primary setup at home as well as from my work setup.  No joy.  At least until the music in queue continues. = )

Please confirm when you can.  Thank you. 

2 hours ago, bobbmd said:

@stefano_mbp thanks but it won’t ‘pair’ with desktop app how exactly can you get it to’pair

Delete the app and reinstall.  The first time you try to use the app when Audirvana is open, it will try to pair.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, bnbayer said:

I ran the Synology software check on the NAS and it says the RAID is healthy and working well.

Interesting. What kind of RAID is your Synology installation running? (Just wondering whether we can get someone else with a Synology to try to duplicate your setup.)

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

21 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

But where did you find this info?

If the remote app ever seems slow or seems to have any other problems I uninstall and reinstall it. So I've seen that pairing request a few times.  :) 

Hi Damien, 

Any way to prevent the macbook from dropping CPU clock rate while upsampling with Audirvana? I just tried upsampling with Roon to DSD512 and the CPU clock rate is steady at around 3.0 GHz without dropouts. 

Thanks

Thanks for fixing the iTunes playlist import, Damien!

Next issue: Renaming playlists isn't working well with this new dark mode because after you initiate the name change by choosing "Rename Playlist," the field goes totally dark (i.e., it seems blank but isn't), and it's not until you type a character does the text in the field become visible! Here are screen captures of the first two steps, before typing a character.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 8.29.29 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 8.29.39 PM.jpg

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One
OPPO HA-1; MERIDIAN Explorer2; MERIDIAN Explorer; & AUDIOQUEST Jitterbugs 
SONY NW-WM1A (Double Helix Molecule SE balanced cable for OPPO PM-3)
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Incline speakers & ProSub800 subwoofer
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (13,3); Audirvana Plus 3.x; & AIFF files
3 hours ago, Jud said:

Interesting. What kind of RAID is your Synology installation running? (Just wondering whether we can get someone else with a Synology to try to duplicate your setup.)

It's a Synology DS416j DiscStation (4 WD Red drives)

8 hours ago, damien78 said:

Thanks for this report.

This is just a display issue in the settings page. The sort criteria is indeed changed to the value you set.

This is fixed for the 3.5.9 I'll release after coming back from the Munich HighEnd.

@damien78 I hope also that you've found a fix for the Qobuz search issues with the remote app that a few of us have reported.

On 5/4/2019 at 11:19 AM, copy_of_a said:

Now all stars allign - makes perfectly sense! Many thanks!

Not quite ...

@damien78

Back home I've tried to use software volume control - but MBit+ Dithering is gone.

So my "workaround" to apply Dither after upsampling by utilizing software based volume control obviously doesn't work.

So there is no way to apply Dither after Upsampling... except when using AU Plugins in realtime mode since this switches the processing order.

Is this correct?

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

Early this morning I noticed that Audirvana 3.5.8 was syncing. Not sure what triggered the sync (maybe a backup that runs at 6am??), but I also noticed that the library was growing! By the time it came to the end we had added 737 of my missing albums (9,159 missing tracks). Amazing. I shut down Audirvana in the hopes that that might trigger the program to save the database and preferences with this new, improved library.

Later in the morning I launched 3.5.8 again, and it started a sync... I had hopes that it might find more of my missing music. Ha.

At the end of this sync, we were back where we started - 737 albums had been deleted from the library again. (This is similar to behaviour I reported Monday [message #833] with 3.2.16 - we found more new music today, but ended up in exactly the same place.)

5 minutes ago, bnbayer said:

At the end of this sync, we were back where we started - 737 albums had been deleted from the library again. (This is similar to behaviour I reported Monday [message #833] with 3.2.16 - we found more new music today, but ended up in exactly the same place.)

STOP PRESS! Things have gotten more serious. This time, the albums which were added then deleted from the 3.5.8 Library have actually been deleted from the NAS. The 9,000+ files are missing.

I do have backups, but something serious is going on.

Add me to list of people who have problem with Qobuz freezing. Audirvana running on Macmini being controlled by A+ iOS app on iPad. Doing a Qobuz search on iOS app appears to freeze Qobuz on both iOS and Macmini. Search on Macmini does not freeze Qobuz. 

12 hours ago, damien78 said:

Thanks for this report.

This is just a display issue in the settings page. The sort criteria is indeed changed to the value you set.

This is fixed for the 3.5.9 I'll release after coming back from the Munich HighEnd.

This is not what I see.

I am using 3.5.8.  When I try to change the sort criteria from Ascending to Descending, the popup menu does not update.  But, in addition, there is no change to the visible sort order in the Library list view.

I am also unclear on how the sort order set in Preferences will interact with the sort order that the user sets in the list view column headers.  Which is supposed to have priority?  The sorting via Preferences is currently not working, so I have no idea how these two sort mechanisms should interact.

1 minute ago, couchfungus said:

I am also unclear on how the sort order set in Preferences will interact with the sort order that the user sets in the list view column headers.  Which is supposed to have priority?  The sorting via Preferences is currently not working, so I have no idea how these two sort mechanisms should interact.

When I have changed the sort column in track view, the preferences updated itself to match.

I switched from 3.0.? to 3.5.7 on Saturday.  I soon realized that there was a significant and unexpected improvement in sound quality.  I'm surprised and delighted with how my system sounds now but I wonder if this change is temporary or permanent.   Is 3.5 optimized for the current version of Mohave?  Will the sound quality slowly deteriorate as Apple updates the operating system?   Do other users typically experience a degradation in Audirvana sound quality as Apple updates the operating system until there is a major update to Audirvana?