IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

1 hour ago, 57gold said:

Clicked on it and only saw my DAC selected, didn't see that there was more to do.

Not sure if that means that’s as far as you got? If you didn’t get further: when you select your DAC in the pop-up, you should see an arrow to the right of it. Clicking that brings up another menu...

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)

9 hours ago, pit8911 said:

Qualcuno può aiutarmi con i problemi di sincronizzazione, vedere i miei post 614, 615, 623? 

I also have problems with synchronization, when I add a new album to the Nas folder I have to close audirvana and open it afterwards click on Sync to see the albums added on audirvana.

iMac,Audirvana,Ampli-Dac RME ADI-2, Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite, Primaluna PLTwo, Sennheiser HD800S e Focal Utopia, Adam S3V.

Hi to all,

i am using 3.5 with my emm labs xds1v2 with my mac mini late 2014 and i really like the new version, my question is, using force coreaudio buffer must thing for sound quality ?

Second is i can not see the genre separation  in remote, and alphabetic separation on the left side ? Do you know anything about this ?

ps: could please show your latest sox settings.

thanks

IMG_6705.PNG

IMG_6706.jpg

17 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Maybe I missed this in the 25 pages of this thread, but was does the "delete" function do, does it only remove the track from the library (meaning that the next sync will pick it up again), or does it also move the underlying file to the trash?

Audirvana Trash!

18 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Maybe I missed this in the 25 pages of this thread, but was does the "delete" function do, does it only remove the track from the library (meaning that the next sync will pick it up again), or does it also move the underlying file to the trash?

It doesn't delete the actual file from your hard drive, just from the Audirvana database. However it will NOT pick it again up on a future sync. A+ seems to remember that you wanted it deleted.

7 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Not sure if that means that’s as far as you got? If you didn’t get further: when you select your DAC in the pop-up, you should see an arrow to the right of it. Clicking that brings up another menu...

Yes, missed the arrow on first view.  Followed it and found the settings et al. Thanks.

Tone with Soul

18 minutes ago, 57gold said:

Yes, missed the arrow on first view.  Followed it and found the settings et al. Thanks.

In 3.5.6 I've just released, I've added 2 commands in Audirvana menu to:

1. Raise the audio output selection popup

2. Open the audio settings page.

This will make the onboarding easier ;)

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On 4/26/2019 at 3:02 PM, davidovada said:

Anyone else experiencing very slow behavior? I get the OSX beachball constantly. The iMac is brand new with 8gb of memory. I just ordered another 16gb. Hope this fixes the problem.

Problem solved. Although I had done a clean install there were various "orphan" files remaining from a previous install. Simply deleting the app did not remove these files. As soon as I got rid of them and did another clean install...the beachball has not been seen again. The app is running much faster and I'm now a happier person.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

Damien - I just installed 3.5.6, but the sync issues are still the same. AV syncs just about half of my collection, certain artists folders with the respective albums are always ignored. I tried several times, and it concerns always the same artist folders. With these issues, AV 3.5 is useless for me. Could you please indicate where I can download 3.2.XX again?

Synology Rackstation NAS > 2012 MacMini SSD 16GB RAM > Audirvana Plus > Ayon Stratos > Ayon Helios > Marten Miles V

42 minutes ago, pit8911 said:

Damien - I just installed 3.5.6, but the sync issues are still the same. AV syncs just about half of my collection, certain artists folders with the respective albums are always ignored. I tried several times, and it concerns always the same artist folders. With these issues, AV 3.5 is useless for me. Could you please indicate where I can download 3.2.XX again?

Is there anything you could find about these ignored folders? Name with special characters?

BTW, are these not synched folders at the end of the list when sorted in A-Z order? Or in the middle, with the following ones correctly imported?

FYI, Audirvana syncs the folders in A-Z order.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

I also thought about that, but couldn''t identify anything suspicous. My folder structure is as follows:

My music is stored on a Synology NAS in two volumes 1) CDs, 2) HiRes. The CD volume looks as follows (HiRes is identical):

image.png.5f5c2c64f6556b9780afcf3d75599da1.png

In the Afro folder, the folder King Sunny Ade is ignored (alphabetically more or less in the middle). In the Jazz folder, a number of Artists are ignored, for example Steve Coleman and Sonny Stitt. I already tried the following:

- If I add the CD folder as sync folder in Audirvana, only albums under the subfolder Classical appear in my collection; everything else is ignored.

- If I add the 6 genre-related subfolders instead, Audirvana displays only about 50% of the albums.

- If I add the folder of King Sunny Ade or Steve Coleman directly in Audirvana, Audirvana displays their respective albums correcly (which indicates that there is nothing wrong with these folders). 

It is a total mystery to me what causes this wrongful syncing. 

My Audirvana runs on a Mac Mini 2012 with OS 10.11.06.

Synology Rackstation NAS > 2012 MacMini SSD 16GB RAM > Audirvana Plus > Ayon Stratos > Ayon Helios > Marten Miles V

I cannot import any playlists that I had in .m3u format.  When I upgraded, all of the earlier ones were empty.  I can export Audirvana playlists in that format, but can't import anything.  Seems that others have the same problem, but I can't find any solution in the thread.  Damien????

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One
OPPO HA-1; MERIDIAN Explorer2; MERIDIAN Explorer; & AUDIOQUEST Jitterbugs 
SONY NW-WM1A (Double Helix Molecule SE balanced cable for OPPO PM-3)
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Incline speakers & ProSub800 subwoofer
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (13,3); Audirvana Plus 3.x; & AIFF files
2 hours ago, Jud said:

Direct Mode is a DAC driver. Drivers touch the kernel. Apple prohibits this except for developers whose drivers are specifically permitted to do so. Therefore the only way to re-enable Direct Mode without the workaround is for enough people to write to Apple and ask them to allow it that they include Damien on the list of developers allowed to write drivers.

Thanks for clarifying. Is there a consensus on whether DM is worth it, in terms of sound quality? Also, are (good) Mojave instructions for the workaround available anywhere? 

5 minutes ago, JoshM said:

Thanks for clarifying. Is there a consensus on whether DM is worth it, in terms of sound quality? Also, are (good) Mojave instructions for the workaround available anywhere? 

On the first: Well, I like it.  :) 

On the second: @RunHomeSlow, I believe, had a very thorough set of instructions.  Hope he can point to them or make them available in this thread again.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Yes, Direct Mode still works on the latest macOS 10.14.5 beta 4 just released.

and Audirvana 3.5.6 latest too. For better sound or not, you'll have to decide on that point :)

Links for enabling Direct Mode back in Audirvana Plus (now not Plus) after El Capitan (10.11.6):
Just wait for the download button to appear…

Sierra Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ex3ksuj1calu7p6/AudirvanaSierraDirectMode.zip?dl=0

High Sierra Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3tdd82o79ps7c1/AudirvanaHighSierraDirectMode.zip?dl=0

Mojave Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cq8uvtuov6sudgw/AudirvanaMojaveDirectMode.zip?dl=0

Screen Shot.jpg

In my case I use an Exasound e-22 DAC which comes with a proprietary Mac driver from the company.  I'm thinking I still need this driver installed for the mac to recognize what hardware I'm using.  I can and do use Direct Mode.  Am I in effect using the Exasound driver to identify the hardware to the mac but then substituting Direct Mode to handle the sound?  I am doubtful I could take the Exasound driver off the mac and still play the music.  Would you agree I likely need both drivers?

I'm not that good on that question...

but i would guess that your driver as nothing to do with Direct Mode for Audirvana, you just need it for playing music on you Mac... with JRiver or HQplayer for example... then if you use Audirvana with it, and want Direct mode enable in Mojave or after El Capitan, you would still need the hack for it... my guess :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Fresh restart with syncing 3.5.6.

Syncing stopped at 60% of the files.

Just a new complete syncing at start up.

Nothing changed, number of files is the same. 

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

16 hours ago, damien78 said:

In 3.5.6 I've just released, I've added 2 commands in Audirvana menu to:

1. Raise the audio output selection popup

2. Open the audio settings page.

This will make the onboarding easier ;)

Damien,

am I on your ignore list or something? I've asked twice about dithered volume in conjunction with replay gain and in my last post I've asked about Dither after DSP + SRC.

Is Audirvana the only audiophile player that does not provide Dither for HighRes PCM after DSP + SRC or am I missing something?

Previous versions also didn't provide Dither options after SRC for PCM ... but at least we could assign an AU plugin for Dither.

For DSD upsamling there are the DSD filters to choose from. How do we deal with PCM in this version? I am genuinely interested in answer...

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | NAD C 316BEE | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

Just made a conversion of database 2.6.9.
All my files are back.

Look at the date last modified in the screen dump. 1-1-4713........
Could this be the cause of the sync problems?

Schermafbeelding 2019-04-30 om 08.18.50.png

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg