IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

On 4/30/2019 at 6:13 PM, Bob Stern said:

My understanding is that resetting SMC solves the problem of the fans running fast even when the Mac is cool.  In this case, the Mac is hot, so the fans are running fast for good reason, so I don’t think resetting SMC is relevant.

I suggest opening Activity Monitor and sorting by CPU usage to see what process is consuming 90% or more CPU.  If it's not obvious that a particular process is at fault, try restarting the Mac while holding down the Shift key until the Apple logo appears.  This clears caches.  Then restart the Mac a 2nd time normally, without the Shift key.

I had similar issues on my Mac (between others) after Mojave (10.4) install, solved by SMC reset, and non atribuible to Audirvarna 3.5

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Roch

11 hours ago, Jud said:

Your failure to retain any possible identifiers that would prove you actually purchased the product is someone else's "BS" that they should straighten out? And it has anything whatever to do with why you stopped using it? C'mon.

Apologies in advance for causing what will probably be an argument in this Audirvana thread. My fault, and *not* attributable to Audirvana or Damien.

No apology required Jud and certainly no argument from me.  It’s gratifying to find you still diligently patrolling your beat and holding knuckleheads like me accountable for our foolishness.  I mainly stopped using A+ because I prefer the sound of Roon, but I like to sometimes check in with A+ , when he launches a significant upgrade like this. 

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Yes, not being able to copy or save his license when purchased something is strange  :)

Also like people not being able to find old settings in new Audirvana interface also is strange...

It took less then 5 minutes too see all menus in Audirvana or on the Apple menu bar of Audirvana

or click anything in the interface for new icon to see all of them... Don't download Photoshop or InDesign...

you will get lost for sure there if you'll get lost in Audirvana :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

2 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Speaking for me, copy_of_a as always been very responsive and help full with plugins choices and upsampling in A+ for details about Izotope, may times he helped people here and other threads...

+1

2 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

He is too big now to be little  :)

Always a balance.  Additional developers like to be paid. :)  So how much do you want to spend for Audirvana?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Deleted - duplicate.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Deleted - duplicate.

25 minutes ago, Jud said:

+1

Always a balance.  Additional developers like to be paid. :)  So how much do you want to spend for Audirvana?

Damien is the developer, i'm good with him... paid for him...

with his company going bigger, i think he can afford a designer, someone who can respond to... here

or at audirana.com, licensing bug, blah blah blah... and let Damien do his thing more focused, and don't have to deal with icon and layout... :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Upgrade to 3.5 was a pretty seamless installation and its now sounding terrific. However, it stops after each track and I need to manually advance to next track. This never happened with previous version.

Any ideas?

Gieseler Gros dac, Ultrarendu with Gieseler PSU, Audivarna, iMac

Elektra Reference  pre/power, B&W805 d3

1 hour ago, Thibaw said:

Upgrade to 3.5 was a pretty seamless installation and its now sounding terrific. However, it stops after each track and I need to manually advance to next track. This never happened with previous version.

Any ideas?

Is that running as a renderer, feeding a DAC direct, or UPnP player? 

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)

5 hours ago, Thibaw said:

L'aggiornamento a 3.5 era un'installazione abbastanza semplice e ora è eccezionale. Tuttavia, si ferma dopo ogni traccia e ho bisogno di avanzare manualmente alla traccia successiva. Questo non è mai successo con la versione precedente.

Qualche idea?

It also happens to me that after a few tracks it stops 8 seconds from the end and I have to manually advance the next track.

iMac,Audirvana,Ampli-Dac RME ADI-2, Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite, Primaluna PLTwo, Sennheiser HD800S e Focal Utopia, Adam S3V.

Hi,

I'm thinking of moving from a Mac to Windows. In terms of sound quality, does Audirvana Windows have the same audio qualities as its mac version? I ask the question because I noticed that the windows version does not have system optimizer and integer mode. Thank you in advance for your advice : )

Roon Rock (NUC8i3BEK), Lumin A1, Audioquest Water XLR, McIntosh C70, McIntosh MC302, McIntosh MC74 Tuner, Monsoon AC power cord, Audioquest Rocket 88, Dynaudio Focus 340 and BIS Audio EVO Powerstrip.

7 minutes ago, Giacomino said:

It also happens to me that after a few tracks it stops 8 seconds from the end and I have to manually advance the next track.

Yes, same thing. It’s very irritating.

Gieseler Gros dac, Ultrarendu with Gieseler PSU, Audivarna, iMac

Elektra Reference  pre/power, B&W805 d3

It always happens to me by adding an album in the nas folder, part start synching but it stops the progress bar and I have to close Audirvana and sync manually.

iMac,Audirvana,Ampli-Dac RME ADI-2, Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite, Primaluna PLTwo, Sennheiser HD800S e Focal Utopia, Adam S3V.

1 hour ago, Giacomino said:

It always happens to me by adding an album in the nas folder, part start synching but it stops the progress bar and I have to close Audirvana and sync manually.

I have the same. I waited a few hours, but nothing happens.

I just closed  Audirvana and sync now manually.

The progress bar is working. I hope synching will be good now................

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

48 minutes ago, Marten said:

I have the same. I waited a few hours, but nothing happens.

I just closed  Audirvana and sync now manually.

The progress bar is working. I hope synching will be good now................

That was false hope. 30.000 files are gone. 

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

15 hours ago, Jud said:

Hi c of a - Was it simply an unconfirmed feeling, or was there something more concrete?

Hi Jud. Initially it was just a feeling.
I normally listen to music at pretty low or moderate levels. This is why I apply a kind of soft „equal loudness“ curve with EQ Plugins to balance the frequency response.
Now, plugins may sound slightly different at different sample rates.
Since I‘ve upsampled before EQing I‘ve also turned off the internal upsampling of my EQ plugin (not needed at rates from 176.4kHz and above). Well ... and somehow it sounded unfamiliar.
That could just as well have been attributed to a different sound of the new Audirvana version. However, there was also some skipping of sound a few seconds after start of playback ... and I know this from former versions when upsampling to DSD (where plugins are processed before upsampling). This is why I thought the processing order may have changed...

I‘m fine with the new processing order... I just have to throw out my Dither plugin (before SRC). But of course I then would like to apply Dither after SRC (which, IMHO, is mandatory ... and ideally I‘d like to have a choice about the bitdepth - 16, 20, 24, 32 bit).

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | NAD C 316BEE | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

@damien78

... some suggestions about the iOS app on iPad 

about the Playing view

- it should be fine to have the left banner bigger (the double?) to be able to read the tracks title without cuts, maybe a foldaway banner as in portrait mode

- why not a link/button to open the attached pdf booklet, going back and forth to the browse view is a little .... annoying (am I too lazy? 😉)

about Filters in Browse view

- here too should be fine to have the Year filter (thanks a lot for having added it to the macOS app)

about the iOS app on iPhone (iPhone 7)

- in the Albums view there is no way to hide the keyboard if you use the search feature, this is quite limiting 

.... the more you have the more you would like ....

btw ... I’m very happy with A3.5.x and the sound is fantastic! (... but the crash using filters is still here ....)

Stefano

My audio system

I downloaded 3.5.6 and it sounds GREAT!  I use a plugin (Voxengo BMS) in order to do bass management (works in real time) with my exaSound e38 DAC sending lowest frequencies to the sub..  It works great with 3.2 but I am not able to get it to work with 3.5.6.  I have deleted preferences for both 3.2 and 3.5 per an earlier post.  Any other ideas?

Well, I've given it a few days, but I'm going back to 3.2.

3.5 is totally unintuitive, fails when loading audio units, and the interface redesign sucks - we're running this on a computer, not a bloody smartphone.

OK, I understand that with big changes come big problems and a certain amount readjustment, but honestly if I had any hair I'd be tearing it out using 3.5.

In the Playlists, the first column is titled "TRAC" and one more letter can't really ruin the interface, to say "TRACK" (I hope).  I've been manually recreating playlists, because I cannot import playlists from iTunes and my previous playlists were emptied when I had to redo the database to get a missing album to appear.  [SIGH]

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One
OPPO HA-1; MERIDIAN Explorer2; MERIDIAN Explorer; & AUDIOQUEST Jitterbugs 
SONY NW-WM1A (Double Helix Molecule SE balanced cable for OPPO PM-3)
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Incline speakers & ProSub800 subwoofer
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (13,3); Audirvana Plus 3.x; & AIFF files