IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Can someone explain how the Sort Criteria (in Preferences) work?  I can change the settings in the Criteria popup menus.  But I can't change the Order popup menus.  They will not change from "Ascending".  Also, changes to the sort criteria popup menus are not always reflected in the Library view.  Is the sort feature not yet completed in version 3.5.7?

Or are the settings in the Preferences area over-ridden by the configurations of the column headers in the library view?

I am currently running Audirvana on a 5K iMac Retina (late 2014) in OS X 10.12.6 (Sierra).

General comment: I really love the sound quality I am getting from Audirvana.  But I am still puzzled by several aspects of the user interface.  This product really needs a good up-to-date user manual.

whenever I open up the home screen the columns are all messed up.  the library column on the left is invisible and the filter column on the right is half the entire screen.  first thing I have to do is adjust the screen, every time....wtf?

I'm sure there's a solution - just let me know, thanks

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

21 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I have to ask, what are you guys doing that you are having all these problems?

3.5 is running absolutely problem free for me..."

I second that emotion.  I am amused at all the complaints and problems I read about here.  I am happily enjoying my Direct Mode Audirvana Tidal experience.

Is Audirvana going to support Amazon Hi-Res streaming when it is released later this year :D

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

@damien78

Once again a question about the processing steps, please...

In post # 74 you are saying the order is:
1.) Effects
2.) Upsampling
3.) Volume Control / Replay Gain
(the order they appear on the audio settings page)

In post #575 you are saying it is:
1.) Replay Gain
2.) Effects
3.) Upsampling

If it‘s like you said in post#74 we could activate software volume control to enable Dither after SRC. Is this correct?

And if so, is Replay Gain still being processed before effects (like you said in post#575) and only the actual manual volume control is processed at the end of the chain (= post#74)?

Thanks!

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

1 hour ago, harry.bennett.3994 said:

Have updated to 3.5.7 and now unable to load any files, local or Tidal? Message reads “Unable to open audio file for playback”.

This looks like your DAC is not responding. You may want to check it is correctly up and connected. You can also

1. reboot your Mac

2. Unplug then replug the USB connection to your DAC

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

18 hours ago, Jud said:

Using track listing, select multiple tracks - using shift, ctrl, whatever you prefer.  Then hover over the left side of one of the tracks, which will bring up the Play, Favorite, and More (3 dots) buttons.  Click the More button and select Add to Play Queue from the menu. 

In this way, you can play whatever groups of tracks you like.  It just substitutes clicking More and selecting Add to Play Queue for drag and drop.  The action of selecting a group of tracks is identical to what you would have done in previous versions.

I'm not talking about creating ad hoc groups. These groups are permanently set up in the metadata. A lot of them come that way when you buy the download, though I generally edit, add, and/or change things in Yate. They display in Audirvana (although not as nicely to my taste as they did in the previous versions), you just can't do anything with them.

I really don't want to start all over picking individual tracks 5 times a day (ie, every piece I play), when all the tagging has already been done.

18 hours ago, Jud said:

hover over the left side of one of the tracks, which will bring up the Play, Favorite, and More (3 dots) buttons.

What I really want is those three dots on the Grouping line in the display. We've got them for the individual tracks, and we've got them for the complete album. We need them for groups as well.

(What I REALLY REALLY want is those three dots for groups in the iOS remote...)

@damien78

3.5.7: Play Queue doesn't play in correct order if a track is present more than once.

154090449_PlayQueueMultiTrackSeq.png.3a83343d9b87e6c9bb482486940f8a0a.png

On Position 2 and 4 is the same track. All on local Harddisk. (shuffle not active)

1. Sequence: ClickStart at Pos. 4  but Pos. 2 plays then goes to Pos. 5 and stops

2. Sequence: ClickStart at Pos. 1 -> Pos. 1 plays followed by 2 -> 3 -> 2 -> 5 and stop

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

I still cannot import m3u playlists in 3.5.7.

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One
OPPO HA-1; MERIDIAN Explorer2; MERIDIAN Explorer; & AUDIOQUEST Jitterbugs 
SONY NW-WM1A (Double Helix Molecule SE balanced cable for OPPO PM-3)
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Incline speakers & ProSub800 subwoofer
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (13,3); Audirvana Plus 3.x; & AIFF files
7 minutes ago, JML said:

How you cannot ?

working fine here, can select as many as i want or all, or just one...

1.jpg

2.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

37 minutes ago, JML said:

Same here, but more precisely: Playlists.m3u made by iTunes (made by A+ 3.2 works)

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

Exactly!

43 minutes ago, Nico said:

Same here, but more precisely: Playlists.m3u made by iTunes (made by A+ 3.2 works)

Exactly!  When I had to delete the monitored folders to rebuild my Audirvana 3.5.x library, the playlists that existed before were all emptied. And I can't import any playlists from iTunes. Plus I can't see any way to restore the old AudirvanaPlus playlists from a backup.

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One

I can export a .m3u playlist from Audirvana 3.5.x and import it into Audirvana.  An iTunes playlist that is exported has an initial line with "#EXTM3U" which is not present in an Audirvana export.  But removing that line does not fix the importing problem.  Even if I copy over the other content of the iTunes playlist to an Audirvana exported playlist file and save it, I cannot import the edited file.

If I export an Audirvana playlist, then import it to iTunes it plays fine, but if I then export it from iTunes, I cannot import it back into Audirvana (with or without that opening line).

Weird!

6 hours ago, bnbayer said:

I'm not talking about creating ad hoc groups. These groups are permanently set up in the metadata. A lot of them come that way when you buy the download, though I generally edit, add, and/or change things in Yate. They display in Audirvana (although not as nicely to my taste as they did in the previous versions), you just can't do anything with them.

I really don't want to start all over picking individual tracks 5 times a day (ie, every piece I play), when all the tagging has already been done.

Thanks, I understand what you mean now.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

7 hours ago, bnbayer said:

What I really want is those three dots on the Grouping line in the display. We've got them for the individual tracks, and we've got them for the complete album. We need them for groups as well.

(What I REALLY REALLY want is those three dots for groups in the iOS remote...)

This is the iOS, but it would be nice on the Mac app as well.

IMG_2883.jpg

8 hours ago, Nico said:

@damien78

PlayQueue issue when Drag&Drop from iTunes.

Track sequence is not coherent (was always correct with 3.2.x).

1627487036_DragDroptoPQ3.5.7.thumb.png.e2765df3c8f83e27b83883f518393783.png

Is this possibly the preference setting to order PlayQueue tracks the same as library tracks?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

56 minutes ago, Jud said:

Is this possibly the preference setting to order PlayQueue tracks the same as library tracks?

Do you ask me or Damien?

I am not sure about your question - but in 3.2 the PlayQueue never was sortable in any way and that was good so. Drag&Drop was perfect in 3.2.