IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

1 hour ago, Musicophile said:

Maybe I missed this in the 25 pages of this thread, but was does the "delete" function do, does it only remove the track from the library (meaning that the next sync will pick it up again), or does it also move the underlying file to the trash?

Only deleting in the data library. 

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

5 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

I stuck with El Capitan because of the direct mode issue. (Yes, I know that there is a work-around, but I couldn't be bothered, and as the Mac Mini is dedicated to Audirvana playing music there seems no reason yet to change.)

Are you using direct mode and with the workaround? If not, I wonder if doing so would  make A immune to whatever Apple may have changed affecting the sound.

I am not using direct mode, the workaround is way above my data capabilities. Even so I didn`t experience any negative change in sound going from El Capitan to Sierra. However from Sierra to High Sierra the sound quality (using Audirvana 2.x.x) became substantially reduced. I don`t have any obvious explanation. Back on Sierra I am happy with the situation, especially after the upgrade to 3.5.5.

3 hours ago, jorgitok said:

Any advice on the recommended setting " on or off"  for the Large CoreAudio  I/O buffer? Thanks

I have included- giving a more surround sound, and prevents the appearance of artifacts while using the Safari.

P.S 

The sound of version 3.5 is really beautiful, smooth comfortable while maintaining detail and resolution.Thanks Damien!

MacMini 2018 - Lynx Hilo LT-TB (TeddyPardo PSU) - Unison Research SH - Sennheiser HD800

1 hour ago, Andrey said:

I have included- giving a more surround sound, and prevents the appearance of artifacts while using the Safari.

P.S 

The sound of version 3.5 is really beautiful, smooth comfortable while maintaining detail and resolution.Thanks Damien!

Thanks Andrey, so it is on for I/O Buffer?

2 hours ago, kinver said:

I am not using direct mode,

I wonder if that is the issue - maybe using direct mode there would be no changes with different ios releases, as otherwise you are susceptible to whatever changes Apple makes to the drivers.

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)

5 minutes ago, 57gold said:

Just updated from Plus to 3.5.

Where are the controls for upsampling/conversion and filters?  Used to be Preferences.

Thanks.

Click on the little speaker icon in the lower left. Select your output connection, and a different screen will open. Upsampling is partway down the page.

7 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

OK, I trashed Prefs again, Mac D 150 has Int Mode, no Direct Mode, DSD128.

Mytek is only getting DSD 64, no Int Mode, no Direct Mode.

Trashing Prefs previously got DSD 128 w/Mytek, not this time..

I don't know why I'm getting these inconsistencies.

see screenshot on next post

5 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

OK, I trashed Prefs again, Mac D 150 has Int Mode, no Direct Mode, DSD128.

Mytek is only getting DSD 64, no Int Mode, no Direct Mode.

Trashing Prefs previously got DSD 128 w/Mytek, not this time..

I don't know why I'm getting these inconsistencies.

Jim, Have you done the hack to the Mac OS? (Or are you using an old OS?) I seem to recall from the 3.2 discussion that you wouldn't see Direct Mode if for some reason it's not available on your system. (Apologies if you've already been through this....)

20 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

OK, this is weird-

My Mac D 150 has Direct and Integer Modes, but says it is NOT DSD capable, which of course it is.

Maybe I need to trash the Prefs, again, for the 3rd time.

Yes?

Direct and Integer are not listed for Mytek 192/DSD Dac.

It depends on which Mac OS you are running.  My old 2008 Mac Pro is dedicated to just music and Direct Mode plays fine with El Capitan.  Later versions of the OS need a workaround to enable Direct Mode.  Look around this topic & you'll probably find directions to bring a kext file from an earlier OS to those post-El Capitan.  

7 hours ago, bnbayer said:

Click on the little speaker icon in the lower left. Select your output connection, and a different screen will open. Upsampling is partway down the page.

Thanks. 

Clicked on it and only saw my DAC selected, didn't see that there was more to do.

Noticed that Damien now recommends SOX...haven't spent much time monkeying with those settings.  Can anyone suggest good settings for a Maytek B+?

Thanks again bnbayer.

Tone with Soul